Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Developer Discussion > XML modification help.
User Name
Password

Old 04-13-2004, 12:34 PM   #1
Scarletia
A Gray Wolf

Unhappy Y gauge offset confusing me

Hi....I'm new to the discussion forums altogether as I thought I was cool and could figure everything I needed to know out all by meself just by looking at other posts and tutorials, buuuuut no....

I'm stuck on this one wittle thing in the XML colding that's driving me mad and probably has the easiest explanation.

I've been studying the code of several group windows' code trying to put the pieces together so I could design my own....I think I got just about everything down except this x and y offset for gauges and text down. According to the other posts here, I see others (or at least one other ) has had the same problem but when I look at the numbers for the Y gauge and text offset for this window, it doesn't add up with the explanation provided. What I mean is, the y offset for the gauge in the particular window is 33....the gauge location is 0,45....however....when I go down 33y from 0, 45, I'm not to where the gauge has started. I'm above it by maybeee...10 pixels.

Anywho....I'm just not sure how to write my own code if I can't understand how this feature is working in others' . If anyone has the time to respond to my stupidity, big THANKS in advance

-Scarletia
Scarletia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 01:12 PM   #2
Inokis
Pale Scrawny Guy

Server: Bristlebane // Erollisi Marr
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Send a message via Yahoo to Inokis

X and Y offset are used to position your text and gauges depending on your needs. Lets say you have a gauge that also as part of the EQType uses text. You would then use the Y gauge offset to push the gauge down past the text. This can also be used if you want to indent text from the gauge. To do this you would use text offset x.
Old 04-13-2004, 06:09 PM   #3
Scarletia
A Gray Wolf

Default hmmmm....

thanks inokis...looking back on my question I had so many spelling and grammatical errors I don't even know how you know what I was talking about lol...

but your answer is helpful...it's what I originally thought it was for. For some reason on this particular group window xml I'm using as my example, however, it's not showing up in game the way I would have expected. The location of the gauge in the player window is 45, 0 and the Y gauge offset is 33....go down 33 from 45, 0 and it's not where the gauge is...it's down further. Oh well. /shrug.....I'll just write mine the way I think makes sense and see what happens.

Thanks again for the reply.
Old 04-13-2004, 07:33 PM   #4
AloneStarwalker
A Shissar Disciple

if you are using default eq textures, i believe the reason why the gauge is a few pixels lower, is that the actual graphic of the gauge isnt cut out when the graphic starts, but is kinda cut out a pixel or 2 higer, i might be wrong of this, but check the size of the eqgauge in the animation.xml file.
AloneStarwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 08:53 PM   #5
Scarletia
A Gray Wolf

Default good guess....

I wasn't referring to the default UI...but good guess nonetheless. Maybe it's not a big enough deal to torture my brain cells over anyway.... At least I know now how to put the text either on top or underneath the gauge with the Y offsets.... I think I'll just use a little trial and error from here.

Thanks for the responses once again.