Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > General UI Talk
User Name
Password

Old 01-25-2007, 03:38 PM   #1
VanCowboy
A Fire Beetle

Server: Ayonae Ro
Default Combining UIs

Is there instructions someplace on combing UIs for EQ to fit my needs? I have a couple of UIs that I really like parts of and I want to combine them all into one UI for my purposes only. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
VanCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 04:12 PM   #2
kudilukudzu
Premium Member

Server: povar
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Send a message via ICQ to kudilukudzu Send a message via AIM to kudilukudzu Send a message via MSN to kudilukudzu Send a message via Yahoo to kudilukudzu

In general, UIs tend to be pretty interchangeable - for the most part, you can just drop in the pieces that you need.

if you would like help to make sure it will all work properly, however, i'm sure the folks here would be glad to help. they will need a few things:
1) the two UIs that you want to combine. a link to the download page would be preferable (assuming the UIs are from EQInterface), but if that is not availible, then we need a list of every file in the UI.
2) the specific windows and/or things that you want from each UI. the reason i say and/or things is because part of your UI is in pictures. part of the way the windows look is based in files called window_pieces##.tga (the pound signs are numbers, btw - i believe there are 8 at the moment. if both of the UIs that you want to use have custom versions of these files, then you will need to decide which one to use. in some cases, you can mix and match - for example, i only have custom versions of 1-7, not 8, in my custom UI.

if we are lucky, then you won't need to have a lot go on to combine the UIs - it will just be a pick-and-choose your files from each set.
Ruritha Queenclaw, 72 Vah Shir Beastlord
Kamendae Namorlane, current trader mule

Universal Brotherhood, Povar
Lythra Amaranthus, 49 Wood Elf Druid
Kasya Earthspeaker, 35 Erudite Magician
Urasei, 14 Barbarian Shaman
Ukis, 14 Barbarian Berserker
kudilukudzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 05:16 PM   #3
VanCowboy
A Fire Beetle

Server: Ayonae Ro

Basically I want to have the hotbuttons from Lodi 3.2 (horizontal) added into the AYA850 UI. Well that is where I want to start any how. I like the look of both so I want to mix and match the two.

AYA = http://www.eqinterface.com/download...nfo.php?id=1881
Lodi = http://www.eqinterface.com/download...nfo.php?id=3003

I have tried copying over the XML file for the horizontal hot buttons from the LODI directory to the AYA directory but I end up with the default UI.
VanCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote