User Name
Password

Old 09-06-2006, 01:51 PM   #1
gynsu666
A Treant

Server: 46
Default Copying characters ui set-ups

Heya folks,

Just wondering what I need to do to copy my mains ui set up to alts so I dont have to reset it every time I make a character etc. I would also like to keep my toons ui settings in sync so im not fumbling around looking for stuff when switching between characters.

I use Velnors ui atm. Although I have always been a fan of aya and have been scoping out Egras' UI, which also looks very nice.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Old 09-06-2006, 02:59 PM   #2
Aallan
A Gray Wolf

Cool A little help for you

it really is not that hard to copy a ui set up from toon to toon. all you have to do is go to the eq folder(the default is c:/programfiles/sony/everquest/) look for a file with the name ui_yourmanintoonsname_yourserver.ini. open that file with the note pad, hit ctrl a, then crtl c. then open what ever toon you want to have the same set up as your main(it will be in the same file name format as your main) with the note pad, then hit ctrl a, then ctrl v, then make sure you save that file.(note: make sure you make the changes to the .ini file with out eq running otherwise eq will not recognize the changes till you start eq again.) If you have any problems just let me know and i will try to help.

Aallan

ps this will not copy things like what individual(sp?) hotbuttons are set up, only window size, placement, which ui you are using, and what windows are open(ie chat windows, pet, and which set of hotbuttons are open and the like.) hope this helps you
Aallan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 01:22 AM   #3
gynsu666
A Treant

Server: 46
Default Thanks

Thanks much for the info, that saves a bunch of time tweaking each toon!
gynsu666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 03:05 PM   #4
Aallan
A Gray Wolf

No prob man just glad i could help.

Aallan
Aallan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 04:59 PM   #5
Wolvig
A Shissar Disciple

What I do is look for the file with charactername_servername , that will have your characters hotbuttons,spell lists and such. The file UI_charactername_servername is your UI settings. Just copy the desired file and change the character name to the new character. Log in and you should be good to go. If you are changing servers change the server name to the new server name as well. I back these files upon ever so often in case of crashes. Saves time and is very easy.
Wolvig is offline   Reply With Quote