Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Interface Gallery Discussion > Archive
User Name
Password

Old 10-21-2002, 01:32 AM   #46
forry
Enhanced Imperial Golem

Server: Tarew Marr
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

I just wanted to make a suggestion on the personalized graphic in the middle. Maybe you could just add one extra graphic file (jpg or tga) to the zip that is just the sphere with dots at the edges that shows the location of the lines to each inv. slot. That way someone could edit that picture with an image of their own character and add in the lines to each part. That would save you a lot of time creating one for each race/class. Then that file could be saved with the proper name to be displayed in game.

Also wanted to say that this is a great looking window.
Old 10-21-2002, 08:22 AM   #47
Kalamaku
A Crystal Gargoyle

Server: luclin
Default broken slot

hi there

not sure if you guys noticed but on the two slot inventory one of the slots are bugged, you cant see or place anything in it even tho auto equip places an item theree. can someone load it up and play with it, you will see what i mean

kala
Old 10-21-2002, 11:24 AM   #48
Thangor
A Snow Cougar

Server: Saryrn
Exclamation ...

The two slot inventory version by me has not been released yet (original creater of this mod). I suggest using the single row version until I have a chance to finish the modifications to my version.
Old 10-21-2002, 11:43 AM   #49
Cragzak
A Shissar Disciple

Hey bro, I'm glad to hear that you're making an official 2 row inventory version. Just thought I would let you know that I noticed in your original version (I'm pretty sure anyways, cuz I have been using the 2 row one made by the other guy - but I don't think he messed with the items you are currently wearing) you have the bracers and earrings on the opposite sides, the right bracer is on the left and the right earring is on the left and vice versa (not sure if you did this on purpose to match the picture of the character in the middle or not though). But anyways, if you didn't mean to do it that way, just letting ya know that that's the way it is set up. If you did do it that way on purpose I can certainly understand why and it's easy to swap on yer own if one would rather it the original EQ way. But figured I'll let ya know so you don't have to fix it later in case it's an accident. Keep up the nice work and I'm looking forward to the 2 row inventory... been checkin everyday for an update

Cragzak Bonehead ~ Baron Ogre Warlord
Tarew Marr Server
Old 10-21-2002, 01:02 PM   #50
Thangor
A Snow Cougar

Lightbulb Left / Right

Hehe... Well the idea is that it's in relation to the character pic you're looking at. He's facing you... so his right hand is on the left side of the picture and vice versa. Otherwise I'd have to show the character facing away from you... and who wants to look at a big barbarian butt.
Old 10-21-2002, 03:58 PM   #51
pheonixheart
A Treant

Server: Zebuxoruk

LOLOLOL!

...stage left... ....stage right... heh heh heh =P
Old 10-21-2002, 08:48 PM   #52
Durnitol
A Hill Giant

Sorry about that. Thangor has done a really terrific job with this artwork, I'm just "the other guy" who VERY crudely butchered his creation as a quick fix. For that I have no shame. I'm not bein sarcastic here, my graphic artist talent is next to zero. My ability to take what other people have created and suit it to my own needs is far from insignificant, however.

This work is thangor's and no one elses. If anyone asks you what this mod is, you should reply "Thangor created this awesome looking skin and some guy named Dern or somethin altered it a smidgen"

In any case, here is the fix:
Attached Files
File Type: zip 2rowinvfixed.zip (379.6 KB, 20 views)
Old 10-21-2002, 09:04 PM   #53
Thangor
A Snow Cougar

Default UPDATE!!

Okay guys... I've completely revamped this sucker. It is QUITE a bit different code and graphics wise (in a way)... Here's what's changed.

Due to needing to expand the mod out a few pixels, I exceded the 512 pixel distance... so I needed to expand the image but didn't want to take it straight to 1024 (the next power of 2)...

So... what I did was broke the image into 6 parts... each part is 256x256. Now this would seem to make the whole thing too big memory wise... BUT!! I've also changed the file format from TGA to PNG. This greatly reduced file size (and in turn memory used) for this mod. The TGA 6 file version was 1.5 meg... This version is about 300k. ... that's an 80% reduction of memory used for this mod.

You'll notice (from the screenshot on page one of this thread) that the "barbarian" is no longer a "barbarian"... I've made a rough "human" shape that should suffice for enough people that I don't think a new version will be required.

Next... since I changed the graphic of the guy... armor slots have been moved to more intuitive positions.

Primary, Secondary, Range, and Ammo have been moved to below the "gem" to make room for the two row inventory slots.

Primary, Secondary, Range, and Ammo all now show the first letter as the "icon" (AKA: P = Primary, S=Secondary... etc).

Inventory slots are labeled 1-8 with a number.

Destroy button was moved to the lower right hand corner.

Skills, Alt-Advance, and Done buttons were arranged slightly different on the left side.

Alternate advancement's percentage bubble now actually contains the percentage.

With ALL that said... hehe I think this mod is just about ready for release in the download section. Please give it a go and give me your latest opinions on the new update... please let me know if you find any bugs in it.

NOTE: if you want to download it... use the link off page one of this thread... I've replaced the original file for download with the updated one.
Old 10-21-2002, 09:09 PM   #54
Cragzak
A Shissar Disciple

Woot! I was the 1st to download it! LOL! Anyways, no disrespect Durn'... I can't tell if you're being serious each time you post... but if you are I think maybe you're reading things in the wrong light. Thanks a ton for the mods to this inventory bro! I do appreciate the work. Looking forward to seeing more of your fixes!
Old 10-21-2002, 09:12 PM   #55
Cragzak
A Shissar Disciple

Sheesh! I JUST downloaded the other one, and Durn' is still online when I did it... I post a response, and BAM... there's another one lol! Ok time to have some fun!! You guys rule!!!
Old 10-21-2002, 09:18 PM   #56
Cragzak
A Shissar Disciple

Ok, 3 posts in a row... so I need to shaddup soon... but after my last post I went to check out yer update and from the screenshot I have to say I am completely amazed bro! This looks awesome as hell man! I'm psyched to go try it out! Keep up the GREAT work!
Old 10-22-2002, 08:40 AM   #57
Thangor
A Snow Cougar

Exclamation yet another Update

I noticed there was a problem with framerate drop on this. I figured it had something to do with the graphics. So I made an adjustment to it.

Switching it from 6 images to 1 large image did the trick. Using the PNG format meant that the filesize was almost the same as using the 6 smaller images, but it made a HUGE difference in the performance. So I switched it.

The new version is available through the link on the first page. Nothing changed outside of that.
Old 10-22-2002, 04:41 PM   #58
Zycor
A Treant

Awesome work
Old 10-22-2002, 08:24 PM   #59
flares
A Fire Beetle

That is awesome! Best inventory i've ever seen!
/em downloads and sticks it in his UI
Old 10-22-2002, 09:31 PM   #60
Fenwulf
A Treant

Server: Veeshan

I agree one of the best mods ive seen so far seems like all the really neat looking mods are for spell casters, so nice when there is one that melee can make use of also.

one thing though, as I do happen to play a barb warrior as my main, any chance of getting the updated/fixed version with the barb graphic back? (I am still using the orginal version of the inventory with the barb)