Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Developer Discussion > XML modification help.
User Name
Password

Old 02-15-2017, 04:39 PM   #1
AloneStarwalker
A Shissar Disciple

Default Listbox - Row height?

in some listboxes the row heights seems to conform to the data in them, like the stance listbox in mercernay manager window.

i am trying to edit the advanced loot window, and reduce the size of the items in the rows, which i did, but the row is still the same size it seems. is there anything i can do about that, or would that be hardcoded?
AloneStarwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 05:38 PM   #2
firescue17
Premium Member

Server: Vox
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by AloneStarwalker
in some listboxes the row heights seems to conform to the data in them, like the stance listbox in mercernay manager window.

i am trying to edit the advanced loot window, and reduce the size of the items in the rows, which i did, but the row is still the same size it seems. is there anything i can do about that, or would that be hardcoded?

Some of them are hardcoded.

firescue17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2022, 05:33 PM   #3
Korwiin
A Gray Wolf

Sorry to rez an old thread, but wondering if anything changes with listbox row spacing. I specifically want to make the raid window smaller, to see more players on screen before I need to scroll.

I am absolutely 100% convinced that there is nothing inside EQUI_RaidWindow.xml that changes spacing between rows inside the RAID_Playerlist. (Intentionally trying to provoke the internet gods so that someone proves me 100% wrong).

Is there is another file that formats that list?

Thanks all!
Old 08-20-2022, 01:12 AM   #4
shillingworth
A Predatory Creeper

Server: Bertoxxulous

I'll be digging into that loot window soon enough for my own UI, can't stand how much space it takes on my second monitor. I'll make sure to post my findings for ya.

However if you want to try and dig. Suspect everything that has size to influence it. Templates, animations, everything. Helps if you take your phone, zoom way in on the screen and count the pixels to figure out how tall each entry is. Gives you a number to look for.

For example when I was probing tab heights, like the tab nubs themselves, what I found is that it's a combination of the text + line spacing above/below the text, border margins, padding, and the area it could possibly fit. Even knowing that it's still really hard to manipulate into a desired size since it's such a weird combination of those elements.

"Computers are like Air Conditioners, they stop working properly when you open Windows."
shillingworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2022, 02:33 PM   #5
shillingworth
A Predatory Creeper

Ok, initial inspection here are the elements that appear inside a single row of the list for Personal Loot, in order of left to right.

Item Icon = ADLW_ItemBtnTemplate
Loot Button = ADLW_LootBtnTemplate
Leave Button = ADLW_LeaveBtnTemplate
Check Boxes = ADLW_CheckBoxTemplate
Never Button = ADLW_NvrBtnTemplate
Item Name = ADLW_TextLinkTemplate

Note all the check boxes use that same check box template.

Theoretically the height of a row will be the largest of all those.

Edit: Ok, there's definately something else affecting it. Here is everything on that row set to location 0,0 and size 16,16. Notice how it upped the spacing to compensate.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg advloot_window_ss.jpg (41.8 KB, 9 views)

Last edited by shillingworth : 08-20-2022 at 02:48 PM.
Old 08-20-2022, 04:00 PM   #6
shillingworth
A Predatory Creeper

Ok it gets weird.

Loaded up an emulator in a VM so I could go at with some reverse engineering tools in a safe environment.

Here's what that window does. When it adds an item to the list, a null window is spawned with the template WDT_Def. This window has it's size set to 35x35. Notice 35 tall, just like the default loot window row height. I can't find what spawns it though, the only info those window seem to have is a template, size, and a reference to which list they belong to.

We might be out of luck here...
Old 08-22-2022, 01:51 PM   #7
shillingworth
A Predatory Creeper

Next test I ran was to edit A_DragItem in EQUI_DragItems.xml. My assumption was that maybe it was deriving that hidden window size from the size of a drag item icon. No, this is not the case. Running out of ideas as to what could influence that height.
Old 08-25-2022, 12:41 PM   #8
Korwiin
A Gray Wolf

Thanks for giving it a go!
Korwiin is offline   Reply With Quote