User Name
Password

Old 12-04-2007, 11:49 PM   #1
wiznut
A Tundra Mammoth

Server: Stromm
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default WL Interface and install guide

UPDATE: TAKING A BREAK FROM EQ, MY UI PIECES WILL NO LONGER BE UPDATED UNTIL I RETURN.

Just thought I would make a little spot for feedback, comments, or suggestions on my few UI bits, as well as give myself a spot to talk about changes, updates, and new pieces. My personal goal with the UI is to minimize UI space while maximizing important info and world view. I have always played with the old default style UI and I try to keep very close to that kind of feel.

*** Many people have requested this UI with the new spell and gem icons. All you have to do to get these is remove the Gemicons and Spells files from the WLUI folder. Enjoy!

My Complete UI

Potion Belt

Caster Player Window

Melee Player Window

General Player Window

Actions Window

Group Window

Voice Bar Window

Combat Abilities Window

Hope you guys like them

Since I keep getting asked how to install the Complete UI, the following is a step by step guide on how to install the UI into the default EverQuest directory. This will not work if you have installed EverQuest in the non-default location.

1. Click Download

2. Click Save

3. Save to Desktop

4. Click Close

5. Right Click the zipped file on your desktop and Click Extract All

6. Click Next

7. Type the following into the box for directory, and then click next: C:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest\uifiles

8. Click Finish

9. In EQ: type /loadskin WLUI -(WLUI has no spaces in it)-

Thats all there is to it! Enjoy!

Wiznut Lagg - Stromm

Last edited by wiznut : 08-06-2009 at 06:02 PM.
wiznut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 04:39 PM   #2
gemminye
A Bat

I used Drakah UI Default Old and had problem with the buff icons being too large so I moved to Haliken's which was perfect in that respect. But lately I have been getting the pearl necklace problem, so I tried yours. It is very nice and all sizes are great for me. The only problem I have right now with it is not being able to minimize the chat windows. I put my pet spam and much other spam in a chat window and minimize it to keep it cleaned up on my screen. I dont know how to fix it. Thanks.
gemminye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 05:13 PM   #3
wiznut
A Tundra Mammoth

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemminye
I used Drakah UI Default Old and had problem with the buff icons being too large so I moved to Haliken's which was perfect in that respect. But lately I have been getting the pearl necklace problem, so I tried yours. It is very nice and all sizes are great for me. The only problem I have right now with it is not being able to minimize the chat windows. I put my pet spam and much other spam in a chat window and minimize it to keep it cleaned up on my screen. I dont know how to fix it. Thanks.

You have two options, you can either drag the bottom right edge of the chat window up so that it basically minimizes the window.

Or go into the UI file and delete EQUI_ChatWindow.xml, this will revert the chat window to the old style chat window which has a minimize and close button.

Hope this helps =)

Wiznut
Old 12-23-2007, 10:00 AM   #4
Mdkid
A Bat

Hey AI love your ui but the inventory doesnt seem to fit in the total amount of hpp... i tried to put an inventory ui in your ui but its not working can you tell me how to change it so that i can see all of my hp and mana in the inventory window?
Mdkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 03:48 PM   #5
wiznut
A Tundra Mammoth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdkid
Hey AI love your ui but the inventory doesnt seem to fit in the total amount of hpp... i tried to put an inventory ui in your ui but its not working can you tell me how to change it so that i can see all of my hp and mana in the inventory window?

Try deleting the custom UI folder and follow the step by step guide above to reinstall it. I have a few guildies using this UI, and none report this problem. I have cycled through all resolutions and can't seem to replicate this issue. If reinstalling doesnt work, please post a screenshot of the problem so that I can get a better idea of whats wrong.
Old 12-30-2007, 10:53 PM   #6
frankevega
A Ghoul

I've tryed following your direction for installing your UI but nothing works im lost.. i just got a brandnew comp but eq is running fine minus the UI. i am running a 1440 900 screen res.. but im not sure thats the problem i have gotten another UI to work tho.. but i juts used it as a test..
frankevega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 11:07 PM   #7
frankevega
A Ghoul

WOOT i figured it out!!!! when i did the steps....it saved the UI like this in the uifile folder "WL UI" so i added a WL_UI and it worked!! man, im so happy right now i jumped out of my chair when i figured it out LOL thanks for all your efforts! email me when you can wiznut [email protected]
Old 01-01-2008, 03:08 AM   #8
wiznut
A Tundra Mammoth

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankevega
WOOT i figured it out!!!! when i did the steps....it saved the UI like this in the uifile folder "WL UI" so i added a WL_UI and it worked!! man, im so happy right now i jumped out of my chair when i figured it out LOL thanks for all your efforts! email me when you can wiznut [email protected]

Ah, my bad, I just reuploaded the file without the space in the name, it shouldnt have that problem now.
Old 01-01-2008, 04:40 PM   #9
frankevega
A Ghoul

Seems that when i /loadskin to whatever UI i get only a 9 slot spell bar.. i've tryed everything. Any ideas Wiz? I even get the same prob with your UI also.
Old 01-01-2008, 04:59 PM   #10
Prexis
A Hill Giant

Server: Drinal
Send a message via ICQ to Prexis Send a message via AIM to Prexis

Have you spent the AA yet to make the 10th slot available for use?
Prexis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 06:49 PM   #11
wiznut
A Tundra Mammoth

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankevega
Seems that when i /loadskin to whatever UI i get only a 9 slot spell bar.. i've tryed everything. Any ideas Wiz? I even get the same prob with your UI also.

You have me lost on that one, i just downloaded my UI onto both of my computers to ensure that it works and 10 slots show up. Have you bought the AA for the 10th slot?
Old 07-05-2008, 08:49 AM   #12
needsafix
Premium Member

On your general player window--what files do I need to switch to make the window show HP--MANA--END not the current HP--END--MANA

newb here thanks for the help
needsafix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 02:08 PM   #13
wiznut
A Tundra Mammoth

Quote:
Originally Posted by needsafix
On your general player window--what files do I need to switch to make the window show HP--MANA--END not the current HP--END--MANA

newb here thanks for the help

Let me clarify... you want the same window, with the same guages, just with mana above the endurance?
Old 07-07-2008, 12:31 PM   #14
Drakah
Skinning Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemminye

You can just copy the Buff Window and Small Buff Window from the Default folder to the Default Old folder, and wham, your icons are small.

Drakah

shakahr.com
Remember...it is only a GAME
Drakah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 10:31 AM   #15
Eggborn
A Ghoul

Your action window is one of the best parts of my UI. The size is awesome and I use it for my epic clicky. I love the small potion belt as well. Do you have a small bandolier that looks like the default?

I play a shadowknight, so I really need it all.

I like the default look, but I use a rather large map atm (want it smaller) cause it has a color change option. I do encounters that sometimes having a map up, with fast targeting and running is vital. The current just doesn't work anymore.

The clickies in your action windows aren't the ones I really use (I click my belt, back, rings and ear, mostly ear) and most often have to switch out gear to do so) or from inventory.

I use a spell book with an animated dragon, but it would be nice to see over it if something is coming running back into camp. I have many buffs that last 15 to 60 mins, and clickies that last 10 mins, that I need to keep up.

I hate messy buff icons with a year of descriptions that I can't read running across my screen; yours are good, but I think I am using an even simpler version now.

I constantly use my bandolier and combat effects window. My bandolier takes up half of my screen. I need a smaller one that I wont struggle with. So far no luck.

Now I just need hot bars with more selections on them to match the nice size of your potion belt.

I can't really read your player's health bar very well, but I am getting older. I still use defaults.

I never use that EQ box.. bleck.

Love your stuff.

Last edited by Eggborn : 07-09-2008 at 10:41 AM.
Eggborn is offline   Reply With Quote