Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Developer Discussion > Interface Wish List
User Name
Password

Old 10-25-2002, 02:20 PM   #1
Ramgar
A Fire Beetle

Default Stop watch with features, please!

What we really need, is a countdown timer. Where you can enter the amount, hit start, and it will count down the timer visually, and then sound a bell when the timer is complete. This also needs an option that displays current game time and local time. And also an option to make the countdown timer repeat.

Like this: Set timer for 15 mins, hit start. Timer counts down each second from 15 minutes, when 0 is reached, ding. resatart timer automatically.

Very useful for timing spawns.

Also, just a regular old timer. Start time = 0, add seconds until you hit stop, and keeps the display. Also needs a clear button, and a continue button.

I'm very busy, but if I get a chance to learn how to make changes to UI stuff, this will be one of my first tasks.
Ramgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2002, 02:41 PM   #2
Haliken
Quintessence of EQUI XML

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Impossible to do, sorry. No way to play a sound, have a button control the starting and stopping of a timer or having an entry area to set the time. Someone would have made one of these if it were possible.

Enok
Haliken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2002, 05:39 PM   #3
Xecros
A Gray Wolf

Server: Xegony
Default this is the closest your going to come

http://www.horizonsoutpost.com/eq/timer.asp

That place is the closest your going to get to what you want.

Xecros
Xecros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2002, 09:09 AM   #4
grottel
Grimling Code Editor

Server: Xev

Quote:
Originally posted by Haliken
Impossible to do, sorry. No way to play a sound, have a button control the starting and stopping of a timer or having an entry area to set the time. Someone would have made one of these if it were possible.

Enok

Ummmm - that's why this is called the "WISH LIST".

as listed on EQGUI forum page the WISH LIST is
Quote:
A place to post your wish's to Verant about UI XML features in hopes they read this forum.
grottel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2002, 01:14 AM   #5
Arista
TimerMod Creator

Quote:
Originally posted by grottel
Ummmm - that's why this is called the "WISH LIST".

While that may be true, this line in the original post:
Quote:
Originally posted by Ramgar
I'm very busy, but if I get a chance to learn how to make changes to UI stuff, this will be one of my first tasks.

leads me to believe that the original poster was under the impression that those features are currently possible with UI mods, and was directing the post at player mod makers (rather than SOE). So Haliken's response was most likely to dispel that assumption.

That being said, this issue does make a good "wish list" item. Player-made timer mods are currently very limited in usability due to the limitations placed on UI mods. It would be nice if SOE would allow more control over animations, or better yet, provide in-game timers in the EQ client itself.

Arista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2002, 02:54 PM   #6
Neomd31
A Fire Beetle

Lightbulb my idea

I sent in a suggestion long ago about a new tinkered item. This being a watch, it lets you set up countdown timers in game, sorta like the alarm but this one would have 4 or 5 different ones that could run at once. Also, it will let you check game time from anywhere (such as from the moon), i know this doesn't seem that important but somethings are basied on game time such as set an alarm to let me know when it's 10am game time so i know it's at least safe to get though Kith Forest without sitting there pounding time over and over.

It would be even nicer to include something like this ingame like on the actions window. Please send this in to suggestion so it will have a louder voice!
Neomd31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2002, 04:24 PM   #7
aeluin
Denizen of the Interface

Server: Tholuxe Paelis
Send a message via AIM to aeluin

bah, I haven't died once in Kith, and I run through there all the time, have since lvl4. Follow the wall! and the other things that are based on gametime (day/night spawn cycles) are usually easily predictable by the visible day/night ingame cycle. I've never once found a place where gametime actually mattered but you couldn't tell what time it was.
"All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, a light from the shadows shall spring; renewed shall be blade that was broken, the crownless again shall be king." -Aragorn's Theme by J.R.R. Tolkien
aeluin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2002, 05:53 PM   #8
grottel
Grimling Code Editor

Server: Xev
Default Re: my idea

Quote:
Originally posted by Neomd31
I sent in a suggestion long ago about a new tinkered item. This being a watch, it lets you set up countdown timers in game

Aye - when Luclin first came and a group of us discovered Norrath time was unavailable, we made as much noise as we could along with suggestions for a tinkered watch including possible recipes. I just dont see how the poor gnomers in Shadowhaven can stand not knowing what time it is.

As for the line "The sun does not move here and without that frame of reference you cannot tell what time it is" - what a load of bull crap. In medivial times there were: water clocks, gear clocks, and candles which burned at specific rates. Aside from this - what's really annoying is that when I'm outside in Luclin and lookup, OMG - there goes a planet - and its movements can be measured and timed - so the whole thing goes out the window. It if were true, they they should revamp all the old-world dungeons and planes to not show time - because you can't see the sun.
grottel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2003, 11:51 AM   #9
Nobbin
A Gray Wolf

Default Use the MP3 player

I use the MP3 player as my watch. Turn volume to zero, and pronto! You have your watch! If you want to listen to MP3s run MusicMatch or whatever in the background.
Drinal
Nobbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2003, 05:45 PM   #10
Horaxe
A Crystal Gargoyle

Server: Sullon Zek
Send a message via ICQ to Horaxe Send a message via AIM to Horaxe Send a message via Yahoo to Horaxe

EQ Watcher, that's probably something like what you're looking for. Slightly modified of course, instead of chiming when You are beginning to Appear. Or something like that, would have to read the script for times. Yes it IS possible. Search for EQ Watcher on Google.com

"A halo's only a few inches from becoming a noose."
Horaxe is offline   Reply With Quote