Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Developer Discussion > Interface Wish List
User Name
Password

Old 08-06-2002, 08:20 AM   #1
Pini Uldar
A Shissar Disciple

Default Character Select and Trading

I don't claim to have come up with this wish, but it was a really great idea.

You should be able to trade with yourself in Explorer mode in Character select. There should be a bank available too in the small explorer zone. Trades are done exactly as normal, except you can trade between your own account only.

This allows people to put items on their bazaar trader without begging someone for a transfer and otherwise would just let people rearrange their things between characters. This is something a majority of people who only have one account cannot do right now without outside help.

- Pini
Pini Uldar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2002, 07:50 PM   #2
UniDyne
A Tundra Mammoth

Server: Veeshan
Wink

I agree completely. When I first saw explore mode, that's exactly what I was thinking - "Wouldn't it be great if I could give this to that char from here?"

This is definately a feature that needs to be implemented!
UniDyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2002, 08:35 PM   #3
Bled Lifeblood
A Hill Giant

Agreed as well...at first I thought verant would never allow you to easilly trade amongst your characters as they seem to be against that kind of thing, but the whole existence of the bazaar seems to warrant this kind of thing.
Bled Lifeblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2002, 01:15 AM   #4
Kaenil Darkwolf
A Weathered Clockwork

Server: Tholuxe Paells
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

I'm all for this

Maybe we should get one of those things started....ugh. forgot the word. Like where a bunch of people sign something in protest...err..like a riot or something like that.

As you can tell it's very early in the morning so I don't know about half of what I'm saying now.
Kaenil Darkwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2002, 04:15 PM   #5
arantius
A Crystal Gargoyle

Yes although it might be nice, it is a bit too powerful. If it ever happens, I see them restricting it to two characters that are already in the same zone. It's just too good to be able to transfer items across the world with no effort. Imagine pharmers now suddenly can dump lore items onto mules with extreme efficiency, because they don't have to move.
Old 08-18-2002, 06:28 PM   #6
Ardrick
A Ghoul

petition is the word you wanted
Ardrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2002, 01:54 PM   #7
grottel
Grimling Code Editor

Server: Xev

Same server/same zone restriction works for me

Even if limited it to items from the banks only, this would be extremely useful.

Since they nerfed the dropping of coin, Player trading has been the only method of transfering plat between your own characters.

I hope someone from SOE sees this and takes action.
grottel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2003, 02:23 PM   #8
Tobin Itharel
A Wooly Rhino

Server: Saryrn

SOE will NEVER do this - one reason - MONEY - I own two accounts so I can transfer and do this type of stuff with my tradeskill mules - If I had "Character Select and Trading" I would close account number 2 and SOE makes less money.
Tobin Itharel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2003, 05:10 PM   #9
grottel
Grimling Code Editor

I dont think there would really be much account dumping. Yes some people have a second account and use it ONLY for what you mentioned. But really, 2nd account will have at least one or two developed characters on it. This could be because you inherited the account from a friend, or because of the easy keeping that port-whore in your back pocket or the desire to have chanter on-kei-call. Nay - I dont see that alot accounts would be dumped. Although it would certainly play a role in reducing new-accounts since people wouldn't have the immediate need.

If you want to look at strictly dollars - consider how much petition response and customer support time must be pumped into handling "transfer thefts". Currently - theres no good way for a CSR to distinguish that when you give someone else an item or cash, that they are supposed to transfer it to your other character. I think the salary line savings would easily offset any losses from implementing same account trading.

C'MON SOE - give us something we NEED and stop fixing doors!
Old 05-10-2003, 04:13 AM   #10
Rikari
A Hill Giant

Server: Veeshan
Default Ahh... sounds cool

Nice idea for the char select trading... and here i thought this post was gonna cover another suggestion i had heard... that being for you to be able to not only look stuff up in the bazaar search window but to also be able to buy it from there... Naturally the friend that came up with this idea gets punished by lag while trying to buy there due to an old, slow as molassis comp, heh
Rikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2003, 04:24 PM   #11
Kaenil Darkwolf
A Weathered Clockwork

Whoa, I don't even remember posting in this thread.

But I guess I still agree with this. I find transfering stuff to my other characters annoying as heck. I don't really trust people unless they're good friends and/or guildmates. Most time I have to invis/see invis up and go to mah secret hiding place and do a "Drop & Grab" and hope someone doesnt come along and steal it from me.

I seriously dont think this is too much to ask. Sure, put some limitations on it so farmers will have a bit of a harder time. Maybe make it only 2 or 3 transfers per day? Maybe more, maybe less, I don't care. I would only need it a couple times a day.

Has anyone done a /feedback on this? I think I will today whenever I log onto EQ but if a lot of people do it they would probably even consider this.
They have taken the bridge and the second hall.. We have barred the gates but cannot hold them for long. The ground shakes, drums... drums in the deep. We cannot get out. A shadow lurks in the dark. We can not get out... they are coming......
Old 05-15-2003, 07:04 PM   #12
Kaenil Darkwolf
A Weathered Clockwork

I just logged onto the test server and guess what I found for the message of the day? One sec, I'll attach the cropped screenshot.

Looks like they are gonna do this - and I'm still all for it! =D

Attached Images
File Type: jpg sharedslots.jpg (79.3 KB, 156 views)
Old 05-17-2003, 02:22 AM   #13
Rohz
A Bat

Server: rallos zek

I dunno,

I remember getting an email from Sony once pushing all the advantages of owning a second account. They even offered the first month free !

I bet if they found a reasonable / logical way to charge folks cash for trading stuff on the same account, they'd be all over it hehe /sigh
Rohz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2003, 09:19 AM   #14
grottel
Grimling Code Editor

Well - it appears that there is something in the works for being able to trade between characters on the same account.

Info from the TEST forum
http://www.eqgui.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8534
Old 05-22-2003, 08:56 AM   #15
Tobin Itharel
A Wooly Rhino

Server: Saryrn

Quote:
Originally posted by Tobin Itharel
SOE will NEVER do this - one reason - MONEY - I own two accounts so I can transfer and do this type of stuff with my tradeskill mules - If I had "Character Select and Trading" I would close account number 2 and SOE makes less money.

They are going to do it and lost my second account.
Tobin Itharel is offline   Reply With Quote