Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Developer Discussion > Graphics modification help.
User Name
Password

Old 11-06-2002, 11:52 PM   #1
Alyys SKupre
A Ghoul

Server: Vazaelle
Send a message via AIM to Alyys SKupre
Default Warning! Total newbie to skinning

Hi, my name is Alyys and I'm a graphaholic....

More seriously, I am a reformed web graphics designer (got stiffed on three jobs in a row, no more art on spec for no one!) who has been bitten once again by the graphics bug while looking at the gorgeous work some very talented people have put out for the EQ UI. I'm working with a PC and a Mac (told you I was bitten, didn't I?) Have PsP 6 for the PC, Photoshop 5.5 for the PC, and at present only a demo of Photoshop 7 for the Mac since I upgraded my system to OSX (I wanna be in the beta for EQ on Mac dammit!)

The graphics I am most interested in altering are the spellbook, the inventory screen, and doing nicer borders for the rest of the windows. The two screen resolutions I work with the most are 1280 x 1024 and 1024 x 768.

Help, advice, ****** all are greatly appreciated. (Just kidding on the ******, they have me on nice tranks already.)

Ok, I need to learn XML as well, already working on that.

Alyys
Alyys SKupre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2002, 01:25 PM   #2
Stwong
A Ghoul

Good luck on your journeys. Try and read up on some of the tutorials around here, look at one or two of the templates, and make sure you have the alpha channel in PSP. (otherwise... yick)

And most of all, make sure you don't burn out and put too much work in at a time and get bored of it. Make sure you know you're having fun: that's the main thing.