Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Interface Gallery Discussion > Beta
User Name
Password

Old 01-21-2003, 08:56 PM   #1
faBBe
A Shissar Disciple

Server: -none-
Send a message via ICQ to faBBe
Default Classic EQ UI ( UPDATED Sept 23, 2003 )

This UI aims to reproduce the look and feel of the original EverQuest UI, while making all the new UI features available.

UPDATE HISTORY

23-Sept-2003 : I am no longer updating the UI, but hkTRox is working on a modification of this UI, and has been also very kind to update the Classic UI, along with his modification, for the latest patch. I am only copying the links to his work here to make it easier for new users to find the latest version of this UI:

--------------------------------------
Classic UI, updated by hkTRox
23-Sept-2003:
- added textures so LDoN graphics would display correctly
- added LDoN windows such as Adventure Window that could not be displayed before
- repositioned the lfg button in the group window to where I think fab wanted it
- updated the way % works in the target window to the new standard
- changed a few locations of windows when you type /loadskin to what they should be
- fixed the UI_char.ini file, it was putting chat windows outside of the viewport

Here is a link to download Fab's UI
Classic UI beta 1.07

hkTRox's UI
23-Sept-2003:
- All LDoN windows will display now and graphics will look like they should
- Percentages have been fixed in all windows and will only appear when group members join or targets are selected.

Here is a Link to My UI
Trox's Classic-Mana beta 2
--------------------------------------

16-Apr-2003 : Spellbook has been updated, it's smaller and kinda neat, not entirely finished though. I'm posting it now because it was somewhat broken in the last update.

14-Apr-2003 : A nice lil' update, finally I have included the old ui style class animations. They have all been optimized for texture memory, which was the major bummer and reason I didnt do it before.

- fixed Group Member names not displaying if they were in a different zone
- Trade Window done (player to player)
- short duration buff window (overlaps the viewport, up to 6 song icons)
- Old UI style Class Animations
- Window : Casting
- Window : Breathing
- Window : NPC Note Window
- Window : Player Notes Window
- Window : Track Window (listbox background)
- Window : Skills Window (listbox background)

A NEW INSTALLATION STEP HAS BEEN ADDED TO REDUCE FILE SIZE :

After you have unzipped to the uifiles folder, double click and execute the file mana-to-melees.BAT if you are going to play this UI with a pure melee character (rogue, monk & warrior). It will copy files from the classic-mana folder to the classic folder. It pretty much makes the download half as large shaving 1.5mb of download.

06-Apr-2003 : This is not a UI update, folks. See 'MODDING' below if you are interested in modifying this UI.

04-Apr-2003 : OMG , a REAL update for once ^_^ Too bad I missed April's Fool, HA !

- finished Merchant window
- finished Loot window
- included the original 'parchment' style chat window
- cleaned up the new bits that were added to the Inventory window in last update : the Charm slot, and the Dye and Face buttons are looking better.

Here a Screenie including the finished Merchant Window, Inventory with Charm Slot, and classic style Chat Window !
Here a Screenie of the Loot Window

Enjoy!

30-Mar-2003 #2 : Fixed the Pet Health Bars in the Group Window.

I have not been able to test it in any easy way, so PLEASE let me know if they still don't show properly. Should be nice, thin, orange bars below health player health bar.

30-Mar-2003 : UPDATED and tested as of today (works with latest patch : March 13, 2003).

Quick summary : Story, Journal, Guild Management and Cartography toggle buttons added to left pane. 'Face' and 'Dye' buttons added to inventory pane. No new graphics, sorry, just a post-patch 'fix'.

11-Feb-2003 : UPDATED and tested with February 6, 2003 patch.

A bug in the previous version was also fixed, which would cause the game to exit to desktop on some computers. This was due to my UI file pointing to a mp3 that was on MY computer, but not found on other people's computer. Thanks to Aalaxandar & Steve 'hkTRox' at EQGUI forums for pointing this.

30-Jan-2003 : fixed for 28-Jan-2003 patch (the game would exit to desktop upon zoning).

Please forgive me for the delay of post-patch UI updates. I am not playing EQ at this time, and am not checking the news frequently. Feel free to email me ( [email protected] ) if the UI breaks after a patch and I will try to look into it asap. PS: Please don't send me screenshots, post them here or let me know so I can give you another email , this one is a free mail box with a size limit, thank you.

DOWNLOAD

( Note: see last updates above for an updated version by hkTRox )

Classic UI beta 1.06 2003-Apr-16 (1.6mb zip file -- remove '.x' in the name before extracting )

FEATURES

The UI has been designed for 1024x768.

Compared to the original EQ UI, the Classic UI's viewport is larger, so it should appeal to more players :

On the top left, we have 3 selector window buttons working. Clicking the bag area will open the inventory.

On the top right you have Player Info, as well as Experience gauges, mostly useful for solo sessions. While you are in a party, toggle on the Party Window (Alt-P) and this area will show the group members info. You may also leave the Party Window open at all times if you do not like to see the Experience bar all the time.

Bags and containers look like this. All windows are using this 'theme'.

See attached picture for a gameplay screenshot.

INSTALLATION

The installation instructions are included in the download.

MODDING (06 April 2003)
If you would like to 'mod' this UI, you can work out all the coordinates you need by looking up the layouts in Photoshop. Due to moving files over my homepage, I will not host the 6mb file. If you want the Photoshop layouts please email: [email protected] and request for classic ui layouts. I will attach a 6mb zip file in the reply !

FEEDBACK

I am looking forward for suggestions and feedback on the UI.

I am not playing EQ anymore, this is in part the reason why this UI took so long to even reach the beta forum. To be honest I didn't touch it since about 2 months *blush*.. here I should thank Rodney (Luminea) and 'Tim' for testing it, and eventually making this UI reach the beta stage :P

It's basically up to you now to play test this and let me know what you feel is still missing and what you feel is not optimal gameplay wise.

As for the future of the UI, the plans is to get it finished first. I am leaving it to the community to create graphic modifications based on this UI, or to include other mods such as maps, recipes, 'clickies', etc.

Enjoy!

-faB.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg classic-ui.jpg (106.9 KB, 2299 views)

Last edited by faBBe : 10-04-2003 at 08:02 PM.
faBBe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2003, 08:57 PM   #2
faBBe
A Shissar Disciple

Default KNOWN PROBLEMS

These are KNOWN ISSUES with the beta version :

- Pet health bars on the Party window are messed up. It should be fixed with the next update.

- Merchant window is not finished, the Buy and Done buttons appear out of place.

- Only the ROGUE class animations have been converted to the 'old' look. Hence they look better in this version. The others do work, but they have the ugly dark gray background of the new UI. I am still trying to figure out if I'll reduce the old UI animations in size to save up texture memory or if I will do it Micro$oft style

TO-DO

Out of my head, those are the windows that I'll be looking on for the next update.

- Loot
- Trade (player to player)
- Merchant
- Track
- Mp3 Player
- Spell book
- Song (bard songs)
- Pet Info

Last edited by faBBe : 01-21-2003 at 09:31 PM.
Old 01-21-2003, 08:59 PM   #3
faBBe
A Shissar Disciple

Default --Reserved for future updates---

Last edited by faBBe : 01-22-2003 at 11:01 AM.
Old 01-21-2003, 09:11 PM   #4
trib
A Treant

YES!!!!!!!
trib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2003, 03:12 PM   #5
Cogmatix
A Gray Wolf

That's fantastic looking. Do continue

Cog
Cogmatix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2003, 06:43 PM   #6
Leopor
A Gray Wolf

Let me start off by saying what a great job you've done. I love it.

Now, for some feedback... We need a spellbook clicky link under the inventory bag :/
Currently, the only way to enter the spellbook is /book

Also, do you plan on making the chat background the old color, or leaving it this current color? Or maybe an option to choose which we like better?

Other than that, I'm set for now. Thanks for your hard work, it is much appreciated.
Leopor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2003, 08:50 PM   #7
faBBe
A Shissar Disciple

Thank you.

About the Spellbook, I would have SO LOVED to do that you know, unfortunately there is no Spellbook Button on the Selector Window (I haven't checked recently though).

If that darned spellbook button worked in the selector I was able to simulate exactly the old spellbook animation thingie that opened when you clicked it..

Because of the arrangement of the windows, I would have to make a very small button below the spell gems, so for now I'd rather just use CTRL-B.. I assumed most people would do ctrl-b as it is very fast (ctrl-s to sit, etc.. )

As for the chat window.. here you can see a gameplay screenshot of the old ui style chat window that I had working. I did it out of curiosity, but I thought it was heavier visually and more difficult to read.. I guess I'll just wait and see what people prefer.

That said, the current chat windows are barely worked on, I like the background but the frame around it should be better.
Old 01-23-2003, 08:55 PM   #8
Talyns
The Tablets Guy

Server: Lanys
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Hmmm very interesting

Did you do the chat window with a static animation or is it a background and border pieces??
-Hawkren (20 SHM)
Talyns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2003, 06:06 AM   #9
faBBe
A Shissar Disciple

I think there is no background, so everypiece is tied to the borders and the parchment in the middle adapt to the size of the chat window.

One problem with that design is if someone want to make say 3 windows, the 3rd one being a small column just for damage numbers, it will be bigger than needed .. because all chat windows use the same template :/
Old 01-28-2003, 09:24 AM   #10
Tumguror
A Ghoul

Server: Antonius Bayle
Talking

I just can say that this is the BEST ui i have downloaded from this site. Great job and great UI.

Thanks for it.

I just have a little problem. I press Alt P but the group window is not appearing. I cant see the group window. Can anybody plz tell me what am i doing bad ? The rest of the UI is working really fine.

Errrr, just one more question : Bard songs window ?

Thanks a lot for your work about this UI and sorry for the inconveniences that i am causing.

Tumguror.
Tumguror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2003, 10:12 PM   #11
faBBe
A Shissar Disciple

Hi,
I have not seen this problem myself, I assume the position of the group window is outside of the screen, maybe you were using a higher resolution before ?

Copying back the UI_characterxxx_xx.ini file over your character UI files should reset all the windows into place.

Please let me know if this works and how you fixed it.

As for the Bard Songs window it should show up as well.

One thing you can do is edit your character UI files, and search for the corresponding section, for example for the group window you will find this:

[GroupWindow]
XPos1024x768=903
YPos1024x768=0

check that those coordinates are inside a 1024x768 screen, if not just set em to 400, 300 for example, and you should have the party window in the middle of the screen next time you run the game.

Let me know if that helps,
faB
Old 01-29-2003, 12:00 PM   #12
Tumguror
A Ghoul

Server: Antonius Bayle

Thanks a lot for the help, you were right, my group windows was out of the screen, i should change my resolution before load the UI. My previous resolution was 1600 x 1200 heheh.

Pretty pretty pretty nice UI. Thanks a lot for the time that you are investing on it and thx for your interest.

Will keep you informed if i see any bug on it but for now it is working really fine, better even that some Uis that are posted on RELEASED forum.

Tumguror.
Tumguror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2003, 12:59 AM   #13
Renalan
A Gray Wolf

awesome job, now if you could find a parchment background.
Old 01-30-2003, 09:39 AM   #14
kalderon
A Bat

Unhappy kicked =/

i love this ui, but everytime i zone i get kicked to desktop =( has this been happening to anyone else? if anyone knows how to fix this please let me know

-kalderon
bristlebane
lvl 63 necromancer
kalderon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2003, 02:31 PM   #15
Aalaxandar
A Fire Beetle

Default Bug as of the patch?

Ok guys. I was like... so pumped, I am in love with this UI... sadly our relationship is going the way of Romeo and Juliet. I logged on the other day, excited to finally see my girl in action, when all of a sudden I was kicked to the server select screen! Not to give up so easily on the love of my life I redownloaded it and tried again, I clicked "Enter World" and the loading screen apeared! Rapture! Alas, it was not to last, moments later I was staring at another beautifull woman, this time on my desktop though =(. I am *able* to run this but only if I do not use the UI_yournamehere_64 file that comes with it, obviously I renamed it correctly. Is there a bug in that file? When I load it with my normal UI file it's all in pieces, but at least it loads... please help, I need her.
Aalaxandar is offline   Reply With Quote