Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > Help ! ? ! ?
User Name
Password

Old 09-12-2003, 11:54 AM   #1
JasmineE
A Fire Beetle

Server: Innoruuk
Default Help Please

If this is posted somewhere else I apologize now. I'm alittle new to all things computerized but can usually figure out how to do something if I read it first. My problem is : How do I download a UI skin into a single folder? I've went to the FAQ's page and it shows that having a subfolder is 'wrong'. The UI skin I downloaded has a subfolder that in turn has all the info I need to get my UI to run on Everquest. I need to know how to get it into one folder so that I can 'unzip' it to my custom folder in my UIFiles? Is there a way to get rid of the sub-folder without losing the info in the zipped file? Any help is VERY appreciated. Thank you
JasmineE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2003, 12:11 PM   #2
Fozzik
A Shissar Defiler

Server: Solusek Ro
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Put the downloaded zip file on your desktop. Unzip the whole thing to your desktop.

Open up the UIfiles folder in your EQ directory. Right click in the blank space next to the default folder, select "new" from the list, then select "folder".

Name the new folder whatever you want.

Go back to the desktop and open up the unzipped folder for the new UI. Open any subfolders until you get to the actual files. Select all the files (an easy way to do this is go to "edit" at the top and click "select all" (ctrl+A), or you can click on the first file, hold down shift, and click on the last file.) remember, select just files. No folders.

Now click on edit, and select "copy". (or just hit ctrl+C)

go back to that new folder you just made next to default inside the UIfiles folder in your EQ directory. Open it up.

Click edit, and select "paste". (or hit ctrl+V)

You should now have a new folder next to default with only the files inside.
Fozzik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2003, 01:15 PM   #3
JasmineE
A Fire Beetle

Server: Innoruuk

Thank you so much Fozzik. It works !
JasmineE is offline   Reply With Quote