Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > Help ! ? ! ?
User Name
Password

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-21-2003, 03:52 PM   #1
Jaxian
A Gray Wolf

Question Invisible inventory items.

Some weapons in PoP, like the big square hammer from Tactics or a Polearm I got in the PoJ jail area last nite do not have visible inventory icons. They are movable, equipable and you can see the identifier tag but no icon appears in any inventory or trade window.
I looked at my EQUI_Animations.xml file to see if it was up to date and it is the same one being used in the default skin. 2/24/03 I believe is the date. Same exact file. My UI is custom only in that the Buff window has names for the buffs and my Player information window has stats and such in it. Nothing else has been modified. All inventory windows and graphics and such are the same as they are in default. So only Player Information, Short Duration buffs, and Buff window is different. The rest is default.

If I reset to default the item icon is visible in the inventory.
I have the dragitemxx.tga up to 26 just as the default does. Same files, same dates. Also the reference in the EQUI_Animations.xml file is the same in both default and in custom one. And both reference up to number 26. As I said only three files that I can think of were altered, the ones for the buff box so they would have names next to the buff icons, and I took the player info one and added a lot of info to it. I removed nothing I just cut and pasted the lines into the Player info box so I could see all stats and such at a glance. But its only those three as I recall. None anywhere in the area of the inventory icon ones. Since it does work in default I assume there is just one small pointer somewhere pointing to the wrong spot so it isn't seeing all the dragitem information that is there. I dont know what steps it takes to post the icon information so I am not sure where to look for the break in the chain. Since default shows the icon I know the files are there and could be used, I just dont know where the disconnect is. Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks much.
Jaxian is offline   Reply With Quote