Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Interface Gallery Discussion > Released
User Name
Password

Old 06-02-2004, 11:50 PM   #1
Arista
TimerMod Creator

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Arrow TimerMod version 4.0 (customizable timers)

TimerMod version 4.0 features a new type of timer with lots of customization options.

You can choose from 28 different windows in the UI for your custom timers. Also, an exciting new feature is the ability to reconfigure your timers quickly and easily without having to re-enter all the information. Just use the link provided in your dynamically-generated file package to launch the configuration wizard with your existing settings already filled in.

Timer Features
  • The marker can be set with a single click. Simply click on the location where you want the marker and it will automatically jump to the spot where you clicked.

• Specify the name and duration for each timer to match the events you want to time. For easy identification, you can assign any spell/item icon in the game to each timer and choose from 12 colors for each timer bar.

• Each timer's name and duration appears as a tooltip when you hover your mouse over the timer's icon.

• To begin timing an event, just set the marker to the current position of the dot. The dot will continue moving and reach the marker's position again when exactly one duration of the timer has elapsed. As the dot approaches the marker, you will know that time's almost up.

• For timing variable-duration events, tick marks on the timer bar make it easy to set the marker and see the amount of time left.

• If you wish, you can add additional pages of timers so you can use different timer configurations for different situations.

• Include up to 8 timers in your configuration, or up to 12 timers divided between tabbed pages. You can configure up to 4 tabbed pages of timers.

• The timer bar can be one of 13 different sizes. Choose a larger timer for better granularity or choose a smaller timer to conserve screen space.

• Customize the layout of your timers by specifying the number of columns and rows. The timers can be horizontal or vertical, and the icon can be placed on either end of the timer bar. If you wish, you can also specify the spacing between timers.

• For each timer, you can choose between two marker styles. A standard marker can be set by clicking anywhere on the bar, and is good for timing events that only have a single instance, such as abilities and some spells. A split marker contains two halves that are set independently of each other by clicking on the corresponding half of the bar. Split markers allow you to time two instances of the same event, for example, staggering costly buffs or mezzing a late add.

• Choose from 4 different base skins for better integration with your existing UI.
Visit the TimerMod home page at www.timermod.com for more information and to create your own custom timer configuration.

Last edited by Arista : 09-14-2004 at 06:10 AM.
Arista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2004, 11:50 PM   #2
Arista
TimerMod Creator

Default Patch Information

4.0.1 - June 16, 2004
4.0.2 - August 11, 2004
4.0.3 - September 14, 2004 (Omens of War)
4.0.4 - January 26, 2005
4.0.5 - February 15, 2005 (Dragons of Norrath)
4.0.6 - May 11, 2005
4.0.7 - June 29, 2005
4.0.8 - September 13, 2005 (Depths of Darkhollow)

Last edited by Arista : 09-13-2005 at 11:02 PM.
Old 06-03-2004, 04:29 AM   #3
RSephiroth
A Fire Beetle

Script Error and I don't get any .xml files.....
RSephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 04:55 AM   #4
Arista
TimerMod Creator

Quote:
Originally posted by RSephiroth
Script Error and I don't get any .xml files.....

What browser are you using? Internet Explorer 6.0 is recommended, so please try it using that if possible. You must also have scripting enabled in order for the configuration wizard to work, because it uses JavaScript.

I just tried it again myself and I was able to create and download a zip file just fine. According to the logs, many others have successfully downloaded files as well. In order for me to help you, please be more specific about what you are experiencing and what steps you took to reproduce it. Thanks.

EDIT: This problem, which affects users of IE 5.0, has been fixed! If you had trouble downloading the timers with IE 5.0, please try again.

Last edited by Arista : 06-05-2004 at 12:37 PM.
Old 06-03-2004, 06:41 AM   #5
moonnie
A Ghoul

Works fine with me under mozilla 1.6
moonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 12:27 PM   #6
Ellyana
a_HappyEQCustomer_01

Great Job Arista! Simply amazing!
Old 06-03-2004, 01:31 PM   #7
Unmei
A Treant

Default So mighty...

This is soooo nice.
Unmei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 01:35 PM   #8
Ruffic
A Snow Cougar

Thumbs up

Man I love these timers. This is truely impressive to me. Thanks!
Ruffic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 04:08 PM   #9
Zironn
A Bat

Server: Drinal

Wooooot. Bout time someone did this. /bow Arista
Zironn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 06:28 PM   #10
forry
Enhanced Imperial Golem

Server: Tarew Marr

Actually Zironn, Arista has had a timer for EQ for a long time now....This is just a VERY impressive upgrade!!! I have always been amazed with Arista's ability with the timers, but this new version is even better than the last! Great job

forry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 08:52 PM   #11
RSephiroth
A Fire Beetle

Smile

I just update my IE 5.0 to 6.0, then every thing is ok.
Great Job,/bow Arista
RSephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 10:21 PM   #12
Fragment
A Snow Griffin

Server: Quellious
Send a message via AIM to Fragment Send a message via Yahoo to Fragment

First time I used Timers i really didnt like um to much but tryed um again today and good stuuf, maby its just i actually have a use for um now =-P anyway good job!

Frag out...
Old 06-04-2004, 08:34 PM   #13
Arista
TimerMod Creator

Default Your assistance is requested

I've been getting some reports of people not being able to download the timer, but the symptoms are not necessarily the same so it is hard for me to know if it is being caused by the same thing or all different things.

Just to check for myself, I have tried it just now using IE 5.5 and IE 6.0, and on both WinME and WinXP. I was able to download the zip file just fine in all those cases, so at this point I would like to ask for your help.

- If you can download the file successfully, I'd like to know.
- If you're running into problems downloading, I'd like to know that too.

In each case, if you could provide browser type/version and operating system, it would be much appreciated. I'd like to try to figure out how widespread this problem is and pinpoint the cause. Thanks.

UPDATE
I think the main issues have been resolved now, and most people should be able to create and download the zip file package successfully. If you are still experiencing a technical issue, please feel free to let me know by posting here, sending me a PM, or emailing me via the contact link at my site. Thanks to all who provided me with info, it was very helpful.

Last edited by Arista : 06-05-2004 at 07:35 PM.
Old 06-04-2004, 08:40 PM   #14
moonnie
A Ghoul

firefox 0.8 under windows works to.

Will try linux tomorrow
moonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 08:48 PM   #15
Arista
TimerMod Creator

Thanks moonnie for trying it with browsers that I don't currently have installed. That helps a lot. And thanks to RSephiroth too for finding out that IE 5.0 doesn't work.

Ok, so far we have the following:

Works
Internet Explorer 6.0
Internet Explorer 5.5
Internet Explorer 5.0
Mozilla 1.6
Firefox 0.8

Doesn't Work
----

Not sure yet if the above will hold true for all users but if you are having trouble, please try it using one of the browsers listed in the "Works" section. Some of the problem reports have been rather bizarre so hopefully I can figure out what is going on and get the problem resolved soon.

EDIT: I'm pleased to report that the problems have been resolved! I have added a fix for those using IE 5.0 and have verified the fix on an old laptop of mine, so I moved IE 5.0 to the "Works" section.

The other problem concerning strange download behavior turned out to be caused by having a download manager installed. The solution for this is to simply press the ALT key as you click the download button (to temporarily disable the download manager). I have added a note with this information to the page.

Last edited by Arista : 06-05-2004 at 01:04 PM.