User Name
Password

Old 09-15-2003, 04:06 AM   #1
Andraax
A Hill Giant

Server: Antonius Byle
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default Feedback on new clean UI...

Hiya, I just want to get some feedback on this work in progress...

I "borrowed" some ides from others artists, if they don't like it they can tell me so

EDIT: Guess the screenshot was to large to just post... here is a link: Link
Andraax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2003, 05:08 AM   #2
Amitan
a_magician_01

Send a message via ICQ to Amitan Send a message via MSN to Amitan

Very nice.
Post the files so we can try it
Amitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2003, 09:58 AM   #3
Eloora
A Shissar Disciple

Send a message via AIM to Eloora

Looks really good. Just a few things off the top of my head you may want to look into:
I was going to say to eliminate the border around the buff window, but then I realized one can probably adjust the transparancy to make it disappear. Other than the purpose of grabbing the window easier, a border on that window seems somewhat unnecessary.
Also the buff window seems to be significantly taller than it needs to be. Fifteen buffs is the limit, which would only be one buff space below your bottom-most buff.

The auto-equip area in the inventory is not displaying the class animation. I've noticed this before with Vert style backgrounds. I'm not sure what it entails, but making it so the class animation can be seen would be a plus.

In the group window it looks like there are % listed for people's pets, is this correct? If so, some people might get confused as to who is who, and if playing a healer, might heal a dying pet thinking it's the player lol. Having just a pet health bar the same size as the player's seems sufficient enough to gauge its health.

That's all I've noticed without loading it up and using it. Overall it's a very nice UI that I think would be popular
Eloora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2003, 10:05 AM   #4
Bappen
A Fire Beetle

Default Like it

Please post files. Want to give this one a try out.
Bappen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2003, 02:32 AM   #5
Andraax
A Hill Giant

Server: Antonius Byle

Thanks for the Feedback, as I stated this is work in progress, the boarder on the buff and song windows where just debugging borders, so I see who wide I need to make the window for the buff names to stick on one line, I hate when they split up in 2 lines

I am remaking the group window all together, but there is no real problem with mistaking the player and pet healths, bouth pet and players have full size gauges, the player guage goes from red to green, the pet from red to pink-ish.

Also rewamping the layout in the PlayerInfo window alittle, making the resistance images into some kinda or delimiter right under the gauges and then the stats under that. (Also saved space for the AdvPoints when they bless us with a EQType for those

When These changes are done I might post the files up for ya, problem is I can't find any secion for pre-beta files on this site and I am not prepaired to call it a UI until I am sattesfied with the result

/Andraax, Aka Svarten

EDIT: The class animation I might make a mod for this, just that I personaly don't like to have them there, they are just flashing around and I don't like that, they draw to much attention
Andraax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2003, 01:15 PM   #6
Kaimana MM
A Gray Wolf

I think this would be an excellent UI but can understand wanting to release a "fully finished" product.

Thumbs up, I'm definitely interested in trying this UI out!
Kaimana MM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2003, 04:03 AM   #7
Angahran
Premium Member

Default Looks nice....

especially like the look of the gauges

I tend to go for the mix&match approach to UI's, basically built my own from bits I've seen in various places and liked.

Got a lot of T.Kings graphics, but gonna be very tempted to steal your gauge graphics when you post this (hope you don't mind *grin*)

Angahran
Angahran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2003, 11:52 AM   #8
Draky
A Ghoul

Clean, I'd like to try this one when it's out.
Draky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2003, 12:52 PM   #9
Leegar
A Ghoul

Default Updates???

I really like this UI alot, but still not using it for all my characters. Am wondering if there is any new updates or mods recently that are awaiting moderation. Have been using Tablets UI for most of my characters, but really like a lot of things this UI affords.

Would like to see a larger target window
and casting bar if possible.
I stopped using this with my other characters mainly cause I was getting xml warnings. I would use this all the time if we had a more recent version (updated) to load.

BTW these are not slams, I really like this alot, just would like to use without the warnings, makes me feel snuggly warm to know everything is working without hiccups.
Leegar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2003, 03:56 PM   #10
mortis42
eqmods.mortis42.net

Server: Rodcet Nife
Send a message via ICQ to mortis42 Send a message via AIM to mortis42 Send a message via MSN to mortis42 Send a message via Yahoo to mortis42

I agree with Eloora's comments.

My own notes:
- All the bright colors in the gauges are a bit distracting to me.
- When I am playing a healer, the group information is much more important than my player information. I would like to see the group window centered under the target with F1 information added.
- It looks like some of the labels in your buff window are not aligned with the icons quite right.
- Charm slot does not match the background of the other inventory slots
mortis42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2003, 10:06 PM   #11
kabbus
A Snow Cougar

Quote:
Originally posted by mortis42
I agree with Eloora's comments.

My own notes:
- All the bright colors in the gauges are a bit distracting to me.

Actually I think the colors are what make this interface attractive. But everyone will probably have a different preference. Personally I like it, but think the pet percentage would make it too confusing. And the player stats probably could be compacted more by putting something in the empty middle column.
kabbus is offline   Reply With Quote