Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Developer Discussion > XML modification help.
User Name
Password

Old 01-01-2003, 11:14 PM   #16
Raduus
A Fire Beetle

Casting bars that have the spell name beside the gems.
Casting bars that are compact.
Two chat windows. One for battle spam, including casting text, that is placed near the hotkey bar. Useful for timing your stun spells or bashes, and the other for regular tells, groupsays, guildsays, etc.
Nothing set to fade in/out. I hate the fade effect.
The target/group/self windows nicely placed together, so you can get all the information by only glancing at one portion of the screen.
Percentages up the wazoo!
Compact buff bar
Raduus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2003, 03:19 PM   #17
Chiasma
A Gray Wolf

I was one of (apparently) the last holdouts using the old UI - and to boot, I was always using the first page (the hard coded, window in the middle version). The reason for that was because I get motion sickness it seems if I have the window fill the whole screen. No idea why, but it is something I need to cope with somehow if I want to continue to play EQ.

The only problem I ever really had with the old UI was the fact that I would prefer to have my spell bar on the right side and the buffs/effects on the left (or they could be out of the way on the top too - just not locked on the right side where I need my spells to be) - because I am right handed so it is more functional for me that way - less mouse movement.

I have d/l'd every up to date ui I can find and I still cannot make any of them work for me, so that I can be useful in a group (clerics don't solo well at most levels) and not cause everyone to die over and over when I cannot find my spell icons fast enough, or when I have no target window. The latter may be a bug (the target window just 'disappears' and won't come back using the Alt T or any other key I assign - perhaps because for some reason I am locked in the 'windowed' environment since I once put it up there, and nothing will cause it to go back to full screen it seems - even deleting eqclient.ini as I was instructed to do by CS.)

In any event, what I need/want is this - for 800 x 600 resolution (because anything else is just too small for my old eyes though my monitor can handle much higher resolutions):

Spell and buff icons that are ONLY text - no graphics, no picture (and yes I know there are ones with both, but that just takes up real estate imho and if all I need is the text, then why bother with the picture).

If it is not possible to put text in the icons, then I would like the OLD simple, large icons back since I am familiar with them and they are large and easy to see.

I need to reduce my viewport (because of the motion sickness) but as a result of that, the background frame around the viewport MUST be completely covered since that black (the only color that VI can supply apparently - according to their tech people) is really hard on my eyes - so I need all the other windows to fit like a glove around the edge of the viewport which is centered on the screen

In order to accomplish the last item (completely framing the viewport window), since that frame is rigid, I need all boxes to be sizeable since they don't 'fit' perfectly otherwise, and I need to capability to arrange them as I want to - or to change them around depending on the character or situation).

I need a light frame around the view window too, since that is much easier on my eyes. Since we cannot delete the blackness, I need to be able to adjust all boxes around the edge of the viewport to the same light color.

I need simple, large and functional .. in a nutshell. I don't need or want any fancy graphics. I need text of a decent size everywhere on the screen. I need easily locatable (ie. large and distinct) open/close buttons for buttons not on the screen all the time.

Has anyone made anything that even remotely resembles what I am looking for?

Thanks,
Chiasma
Chiasma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2003, 09:16 PM   #18
greenleaf
A Bat

Default ~~~bags~~~

i think it would be cool if you could make the bag's/box's ect. horazontal
greenleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2003, 09:15 PM   #19
Selik
A Bat

Default skylersux

I'd kill for a UI for enchanters...

OR whatever

Mainly one that has a timer that goes off whenever I land a spell like dazzle

It just automatically has a 90 second clock... I mean, that's only applicable for mezzing one mob, not a group, but it'd have it's nice moments.

-Skyler-
Selik is offline   Reply With Quote