Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > Help ! ? ! ?
User Name
Password

Old 11-15-2007, 02:57 AM   #1
BludvlSK
A Gray Wolf

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default Delta4V1

I've been using this UI for a long time and am able to make the occasional changes but I'm at a loss as far as being able to add the extra spell slot to this UI to be compatible for SoF's 10th spell gem. Any thoughts or someone able to look at the file and tell me what to do?
Attached Files
File Type: xml EQUI_CastSpellWnd.xml (12.8 KB, 11 views)
BludvlSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 08:19 AM   #2
srogala
A Ghoul

I really don't know what I'm doing, but I was able to hack through it enough to make it usable. I really have no graphics experience, so you'll notice that spell gem 10 is labelled the same as 9. But, if you at least want to be able to use the 10th gem with Delta 4.1, this will make it usable. Most of the problems I've found with my changes are cosmetic, functionally this should get you up and running with the 10th spell gem.

Just copy these over the same files in your Delta UI directory.

I haven't even attempted to do the Loot All button yet. Again, I only hacked around with this to get it working for myself, hopefully the author is still playing and can get us up and goign with this great UI.

Use at your own risk!
Attached Files
File Type: zip Spell_bg_vert.zip (4.0 KB, 8 views)
File Type: zip EQUI_CastSpellWnd.zip (1.6 KB, 7 views)
srogala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 08:35 AM   #3
kudilukudzu
Premium Member

Server: povar
Send a message via ICQ to kudilukudzu Send a message via AIM to kudilukudzu Send a message via MSN to kudilukudzu Send a message via Yahoo to kudilukudzu

is this the horizontal Delta spell window, or the vertical one with the spell names always visible?
Ruritha Queenclaw, 72 Vah Shir Beastlord
Kamendae Namorlane, current trader mule

Universal Brotherhood, Povar
Lythra Amaranthus, 49 Wood Elf Druid
Kasya Earthspeaker, 35 Erudite Magician
Urasei, 14 Barbarian Shaman
Ukis, 14 Barbarian Berserker
kudilukudzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 09:01 AM   #4
srogala
A Ghoul

Vertical one with the spell names visible.
Old 11-16-2007, 09:40 AM   #5
kudilukudzu
Premium Member

Server: povar
Send a message via ICQ to kudilukudzu Send a message via AIM to kudilukudzu Send a message via MSN to kudilukudzu Send a message via Yahoo to kudilukudzu

damm. ok, thanks.
kudilukudzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 08:24 AM   #6
SEYIYES
A Fire Beetle

Default Anyone have update for this UI for the Sept 2008 Patch?

Need help, need to find the update for this UI please. Email if you have located one or fixed your own.
SEYIYES
SEYIYES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 07:19 PM   #7
Savok
On tour since '99

Server: Innoruuk forever!

Send me a tell in game old man!
Old 10-08-2008, 10:30 AM   #8
srogala
A Ghoul

Blud, et al,

I spent several hours last night trying to get this going. Note that I have very, very little understanding (about 4 hour's worth now) of xml and how this is done, but I made some decent progress.

I'll try to post what I've gotten in the next day or so - I didn't deem what I had as acceptable, but was a decent proof of concept and showed me I should be able to do this.

The biggest problem with this UI is that the target indicator is embedded in a major part of the UI, the same piece that tells you your health, the con of the mob, the hott, etc. There's no room for the target's buffs in there.

I made an attempt to move the target's info (hps, buffs) to the aura window. I made a lot of progress, but I couldn't get the actual buffs to show up. The tooltip indicating that the buffs would show up there was working, but no buffs (and yes, when I switched back to default the same toon could see buffs). I may try to post the code to see if somebody can take a quick look at it, I'm sure I'm missing something easy.

I picked the aura window, but if any other users of this UI have any other ideas, chime in. It just occured to me that maybe I could just put the target's buffs off of the aura window, or something else.

I have the group window working and showing endurance and mana, but I need to just work on the thickness of the health bar before releasing it. But the big problem for this UI is how integrated the target's window is with the main bar, and if I can't find an acceptable way to change this then I'll probably look for another UI. I'm not going to be able to do any of the graphic editing (ample evidence of what a hack I am at that is shown by my spell bar posted earlier in this thread).
Old 10-09-2008, 08:36 AM   #9
yurdi
A Gray Wolf

Server: queylious

plz some one fix this ui too its great one.. ok am too dumb to help on this sorry
yurdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 06:36 PM   #10
BludvlSK
A Gray Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by srogala
Blud, et al,

I spent several hours last night trying to get this going. Note that I have very, very little understanding (about 4 hour's worth now) of xml and how this is done, but I made some decent progress.

I'll try to post what I've gotten in the next day or so - I didn't deem what I had as acceptable, but was a decent proof of concept and showed me I should be able to do this.

The biggest problem with this UI is that the target indicator is embedded in a major part of the UI, the same piece that tells you your health, the con of the mob, the hott, etc. There's no room for the target's buffs in there.

I made an attempt to move the target's info (hps, buffs) to the aura window. I made a lot of progress, but I couldn't get the actual buffs to show up. The tooltip indicating that the buffs would show up there was working, but no buffs (and yes, when I switched back to default the same toon could see buffs). I may try to post the code to see if somebody can take a quick look at it, I'm sure I'm missing something easy.

I picked the aura window, but if any other users of this UI have any other ideas, chime in. It just occured to me that maybe I could just put the target's buffs off of the aura window, or something else.

I have the group window working and showing endurance and mana, but I need to just work on the thickness of the health bar before releasing it. But the big problem for this UI is how integrated the target's window is with the main bar, and if I can't find an acceptable way to change this then I'll probably look for another UI. I'm not going to be able to do any of the graphic editing (ample evidence of what a hack I am at that is shown by my spell bar posted earlier in this thread).

My xml knowledge is virtually non-existent, I just played "copy and paste guy" until I had something workable when I did my "fixes". As far as the target's buffs window...maybe they can be made in a separate window for this UI? If not, you can put them onto the bottom of the Song/Short Duration window? Hell, I'd take the UI without the target's buff window working if you got everything else okay. If it didn't display target's buffs at all, it wouldn't bother me any - someone else could figure out how to get it to work later if you've got the rest of the UI working right.

Appreciate the time you've put into this though...very much.
Old 10-10-2008, 04:15 PM   #11
BludvlSK
A Gray Wolf

I made the offer of donating to whomever is able to come up with an update and workable version for the updates for SoD in the UIs download section.

Myself and I'm sure others would be willing to donate via paypal a little coin to get this UI updated. I'm currently using one, that while is a good UI, that I just can't get used to after many many years on this one.

I do have someone who is willing to look at the UI and see if he can do it, and if he does I'm going to upload his changes to the site and ask folks to donate some $$ via paypal for his time.
Old 10-10-2008, 11:40 PM   #12
srogala
A Ghoul

Here is a PARTIALLY working group window. This took a lot of trial and error and it's not quite there. I'll look at it some more this weekend.

Here's what I know of as far as issues at the moment:

1. Roles only work for the first member of the group. Fixing this is just going to take me time.
2. I'm not quite sure how I'm going to handle the group role when it is assigned to yourself (ie, not in the group window)
3. The % on health doesn't show up for members 4 and 5 for some reason. Should be easy to fix and is just cosmetic
4. The pet/mana/end bars are REALLY thin. The height of the health bar in the Delta 4 window is a little lower than other UIs I looked at. I made them very thin. Any thicker and it becomes very tough to not overwrite the player's name. With some TGA changes to the group window I may have more to play with.
5. I haven't tried getting the mic/voice indicator going yet. It should be fairly easy.

Anyways, I figured I'd get this out there as I finish up for the night and see if anybody found other issues with it before I got any further. I have no idea if I had to change other files (like using the default animations file, etc) in order to get this to work.
Attached Files
File Type: zip EQUI_GroupWindow.zip (3.3 KB, 11 views)
Old 10-14-2008, 12:25 PM   #13
lasu
A Bat

Someone please make this happen. I'm not a coder so I can't fix this. I've used this UI forever and I'm so lost without it and I'll be happy to donate to anyone who can get this fixed.
lasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 02:05 PM   #14
Savok
On tour since '99

Server: Innoruuk forever!

I actually started working on this in beta for Bludvl (he and I are guilded) but just gave up due to the way screen ids are hardcoded along with the way the UI is laid out it was just too much effort for the time.

I do hope that someone can make it happen though.
Savok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 10:32 AM   #15
srogala
A Ghoul

I was hoping to get some feedback on the group window UI before I went any further.

I agree, Savok, the way the window is laid out makes it take a lot of time to fix it.