Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Developer Discussion > Graphics modification help.
User Name
Password

Old 09-20-2003, 04:51 AM   #1
Antics
A Ghoul

Send a message via ICQ to Antics
Angry Frustration 101...getting a crash course in it

Okay, this is about putting in my own backgrounds in my ui windows. I found a thread on this board pertaining to this (http://www.eqgui.com/showthread.php...nge+backgrounds), but it's not going well. I've tried using the directions on this thread, but I can't seem to get it right. I've tried putting the tags in various places in both the template xml file and the window file I want to change, but I still have the same result.....nothing =P. I see that this thread is almost a year old, so is there a variation of this that I need to do to get the effect that I want?
Old 09-20-2003, 05:57 AM   #2
ArcLite
A Crystal Gargoyle

Server: X

Hi Antics, Now I may have misunderstood what you are trying to do and it surely wouldn't be the first time I misuderstood someone.

Here is how I change the backgrounds in my custom guis....

Find wnd_bg_dark_rock.tga and wnd_bg_light_rock.tga. Replace them with whatever you like.

For instance. I'm using a heavily modded Celtic GUI from T.King but I didn't really like the backgrounds in all the windows. I found a skull background someone made (don't have the link handy sorry) . I renamed the wnd_bg_dark_rock.tga and wnd_bg_light_rock.tga to something else (ie. wnd_bg_light_rock-default.tga) and copied the new ones into the folder.
VIOLA!

Hope that helps.

Arc
ArcLite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2003, 02:57 AM   #3
Antics
A Ghoul

Okay, from that last post, here is the question that may solve my problems. When you want to change the background, does the file that you want to use have to be in a certain file name format for the game to recognize it? Like in yours, the name was almost the same with only a little difference from the original. In mine however, the file name for mine is darkblue_bg.tga. Is that possible what the problem is?
Antics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2003, 03:19 AM   #4
Antics
A Ghoul

Well, I tried all manner of different file names and such, and I just can't seem to get anywhere. I have to be doing something wrong =P
Antics is offline   Reply With Quote