Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Developer Discussion > XML modification help.
User Name
Password

Old 07-27-2002, 05:06 AM   #1
Kryscha
A Fire Beetle

Default Removing that annoying Spellbook Icon

Been doing a bit of playing with the spell bar, and I thought I had successfully removed the spellbook icon from the bar. However, when I ran the skin, EQ crashed me back to desktop. It didn't give me an XML error which I was getting to start with, so I'm assuming that I coded it correctly.

Anyone know of a way to remove it properly, or does EQ require that the spellbook icon be on the bar (or somewhere on your interface) to hook into it?

Kryscha
Kryscha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2002, 06:16 AM   #2
Nennayan
A Shissar Disciple

Server: Brell Serilis
Send a message via ICQ to Nennayan Send a message via AIM to Nennayan

For some stupid reason, every single item has to be intact or the skin won't load. You could try resizing it down to 1 pixel and/or making it unclickable.

I'm not sure if either of these things would work though.
Old 07-27-2002, 06:27 AM   #3
Veirna
An Icepaw Kobold

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Be sure you remove the <Pieces> for the spellbook icon at the bottom of the .xml file... that should fix it.
Old 07-27-2002, 06:40 AM   #4
Nennayan
A Shissar Disciple

Server: Brell Serilis
Send a message via ICQ to Nennayan Send a message via AIM to Nennayan

Another solution I forgot to mention is that you can resize the window so that the spellbook icon doesn't display.
Nennayan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2002, 10:28 AM   #5
Amaprotu
A Snow Cougar

Send a message via ICQ to Amaprotu

Veirna: That solution unfortunatly does not work. EQ expects to find the buttons there as someone else said.

My work around has been 2 fold:
Change the X, Y, CX, and CY (position and size settings) all to 0. This doesn't cause any errors.

Replace all graphic calls with A_WhitePixel. I do this because the graphic isn't shown but I don't trust EQ not to load it anyways. It might not be necessary but I dunno, A_WhitePixel is quite a bit smaller than any other button image.
Amaprotu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2002, 11:15 AM   #6
buzweaver
A Shissar Disciple

Server: Bertoxxulous
Send a message via AIM to buzweaver

A friend of mine was complaining about the Spell Book Icon on his Spell Gems. Have you guys made a change to the Spell Gems that he could download?

Retired
BuzzFelinous (26 Bard)
BuzzVar(40 Shaman)
BuzzSilverThor (68 Storm Warder )
buzweaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2002, 05:49 PM   #7
Saprano
A Bat

Default spell icon bar with no spell book

I've emailed this to the site a few times, but it hasn't been posted yet...this is a vertical spell icon bar with no spell book....enjoy =)

I attached a .txt copy of the file to this post...not sure exactly how it works since this is my first day using this board, but hopefully that works for you =). Just remember to either change the format back to .xml or just copy and paste everything inside into your current cast spell window xml.
Saprano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2002, 04:12 PM   #8
Khallin
A Gray Wolf

I ran into this error when I first tried to remove the Invite/Disband buttons from the group box. It crashes, even if you remove all reference to those, so the game is expecting them to be defined & called.

The only way I know to really get rid of it, as was said, is to reduce the CX & CY to 0. And to think of it, I've changed the window size so that it's not even showing (moved bottom edge above where the buttons were set).
Khallin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2002, 12:57 PM   #9
Epiphany EQ
A Treant

I found the same thing. There are several different default UI items that will crash you to desktop if you remove them. The Group Invite button, the Inventory Auto Equip Area, etc. You cannot remove them, and you cannot remove the <Pieces> for them either. What you can do is change their size to 0 x 0 to make them invisible.

Apparently the code specifically references some of the UI items, and is extremely ungraceful in what it does when they are missing. On the whole I've been very unimpressed with how much "customization" they gave us.
Epiphany EQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2003, 07:48 AM   #10
Grippa
A Bat

Server: Torvonnilous

UI mod newbie here.

I started playing with my UI yesterday and foud that I can remove the spell book icon from the spell bar. I get an error logged in the errors file but see no adverse effects in game. So it looks like this problem has been fixed, at least in part.
Old 02-26-2003, 10:13 AM   #11
Caleal
Enhanced Imperial Golem

The following line is your friend.

<ButtonDrawTemplate />

Change the size of the button to 0, 0 and replace the ButtonDrawTemplate stuff with the line above and you will still have the button in the window to keep EQ happy, but it will load no graphics for it.

You can also use it to make functional buttons that are invisible.

Another neet trick is to use it to make an invisible generic button that is sized nearly the same size as the window. Have it load as the first <Piece> and it will keep that annoying right click menue from popping up when you misclick, but everthing on the window will still be functional.
Shadowed Soul
Caleal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2003, 05:38 PM   #12
Sparxx
Featured Artist

Featured Artist

Or, convert the Icon to Text as I did here:

EQUI_CastSpellWnd.Zip
Sparxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2003, 06:35 PM   #13
RobynnMerrilin
A Treant

Server: E'ci
Send a message via ICQ to RobynnMerrilin Send a message via AIM to RobynnMerrilin

I also have a non-spellbook icon gem window. Small gems, small, innocuous button at the bottom with no icon and no text so you can still use the favorites.

Check out my skins to see it.
Old 07-10-2003, 01:49 PM   #14
Scubby
A Gray Wolf

Server: Maelin Starpyre
Default YIKES! no spell book icon!

Well, now with the latest patch giving us the AWESOME feature of memed spell sets by right clicking on the SPELL BOOK ICON, it would seem like that little icon has a WHOLE NEW ROLE!

So, now all of those mods that eliminated the spell book icon are rendered useless overnight! LOL, dam SOE. Really tho, kudos to them for adding a GREAT FEATURE.

Anyway, get to work all you spell book moders and put that spell book icon back!
Scubby is offline   Reply With Quote