Password

Old 10-26-2002, 02:33 PM   #1
Kaori
A Hill Giant

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Thumbs up KaoUI

See screenshot/download

* Important Info:
When extracting the files from kaoriv4.zip, make sure you have 'Use folder names' checked and extract to your /uifiles/ folder.

* How to change colors:
In your /kaoriv4/alternate/ folder, you will find 3 different folders for each color. Open the folder that contains the color scheme you want and copy those files to your /kaoriv4/ folder (choose overwrite files if you are asked).

* How to change class animations in your actions window:
In your /kaoriv4/alternate/ folder, you will find 15 different files, all numbered and labeled for each class. Find your class and re-name the file to EQUI_ActionsWindow.xml (without the number and class name). Then copy the file to your /kaoriv4/ folder (choose overwrite files if you are asked).

* How to change inventory slots of the extra tabs in your hotbuttons window:
If you are using the hotbuttons window with extra tabs (see instructions in the next heading on how to get it), you can easily change the slots you want to use. Open the EQUI_HotButtonWnd.xml file in wordpad or notepad and find the line "<!-- CAKE INJECTION POINT -->" (don't ask). For the next 20 pieces of code, you will see 'NewslotQ' where 'Q' is the slot number from 1 to 20. In each piece you will see <EQType>W</EQType> where 'W' is an eqtype number from 1 to 29. Just change 'W' to the eqtype number of the slot that you want:
1 is Left Ear
2 is Head
3 is Face
4 is Right
5 is Neck
6 is Shoulders
7 is Arms
8 is Cloak
9 is Left
10 is Right Wrist
11 is Range
12 is Hands
13 is Primary
14 is Secondary
15 is Left Finger
16 is Right Finger
17 is Chest
18 is Legs
19 is Feet
20 is Waist
21 is Ammo
22 is Inventory slot 1
23 is Inventory slot 2
24 is Inventory slot 3
25 is Inventory slot 4
26 is Inventory slot 5
27 is Inventory slot 6
28 is Inventory slot 7
29 is Inventory slot 8

The slots go in this order:
Tab 1 ---- Tab 2
1 6 ------ 11 16
2 7 ------ 12 17
3 8 ------ 13 18
4 9 ------ 14 19
5 10 ----- 15 20

* Other extras in your /alternate/ folder:
You will see a hotbutton window with extra tabs, a smaller compass window, and the textured target window from v3.0. If you want to use one of these files, rename the file to its proper name (by removing everything before EQUI_...) and copy the file into your /kaoriv4/ folder. There is also a tga file for your compass window that will display location signs (0, +, -), and if you want to use it, rename the file to window_pieces04.tga and copy it to your /kaoriv4/ folder.

* Other notes:
All windows in this UI are independent. That means that if you want to replace or delete one, you can do so without messing up any of the other windows. If you want to use a window from another UI, you should be able to, as long as it is compliant with the default UI (the one that came with the game). For example, you may want to use one of T.King's spellbooks or spell gem bars, or one of Arista's timers. T.Kings buff/gem icons also go nicely with this UI.
The EQUI_Animations.xml file is extra long in this version, so be careful when you are editing it. Do not use a different T.King inventory window unless you are experienced with xml, because all the inventory's Ui2D animations are now located in the EQUI_Animations.xml file. I moved them so that if you do not want to use the Standard Stone inventory included with the UI, you can delete it and use a regular one.

That about covers it. This post is subject to change.

Have fun!

--------------------------------------------------
Attached Files
File Type: zip extra tabs equi_hotbuttonwnd.zip (2.6 KB, 2751 views)

Last edited by Dolby : 07-17-2004 at 02:32 AM.
Kaori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2002, 10:26 PM   #2
Kaori
A Hill Giant

See top of main post ;p
Attached Files
File Type: zip wnd_bg_dark_rock equi_chatwindow.zip (696 Bytes, 604 views)

Last edited by Kaori : 10-27-2002 at 04:30 PM.
Old 10-27-2002, 01:11 PM   #3
Kaori
A Hill Giant

Quote:
1) Regarding the buff window. I too couldn't find it. Its just not anywhere on screen. I have the suspicion this is because i had it right up in the top right corner with the old UI (with buffs going down vertically) and on your screenshot i see the buff window is now horizontal. Is it possible it has gone off screen? If so anyone know a way to reset it? (I was thinking wipe the correct line in the ini file but i dunno) Which also brings me to part b) of this... i would prefer a vertical buff window to a horizontal one. Can i just sub in the buff window from v3? Will save you some trouble

Check out your UI_Yourname_XX.ini file.. find the buff window and make all the coords 0,0 and save.

Quote:
4) Bring back the arcane casting window I really liked that.

http://pub165.ezboard.com/ftranscen...icID=28.to pic - Go for it

Quote:
(c) could you make the font size for atk and ac a little larger/bolder/more noticable? (c is the most significant change really)

I attached a file with the font size for atk and ac larger for the long compass bar. I wouldn't mind that myself actually.
Attached Files
File Type: zip larger atk ac equi_compasswnd.zip (1.9 KB, 880 views)
Old 10-27-2002, 04:24 PM   #4
Kaori
A Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally posted by Comos
i got a question everytime i try to change the inv it crashes ;/ like a bit smaller inv. also will this take tking icons ?

also anyway to make the spell names transperent again?

Comos

If you replace the Standard Stone inventory with another inventory that is compatible with the default UI (the one that came with the game) and is not another T.King inventory, it should work. What is making it crash? Check your uierrors.txt file in your /Everquest/ folder after you try to load EQ with the bad inventory.

Attached is a mod for the spell gems window that does not have colored backgrounds.
Attached Files
File Type: zip no colored backgrounds equi_castspellwnd.zip (2.1 KB, 599 views)
Old 10-28-2002, 10:53 AM   #5
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Here you go folks:

Player;
Group;
Target (non-textured);
Pet;
Memmed Spells;
Compass (long);
Hotbuttons (both with and without the extra tabs); and
ActionsWindow (for all classes)

in my 1024x786 (which will also work in 800x600 with re-arranging).

Please note, I have NOT included any of the other files necessary for this mod, JUST the ones that I personally modified to make smaller (listed above). You will still need Kao's original, just unzip mine over top.
Attached Files
File Type: zip kaov4cair1024x786.zip (57.3 KB, 2990 views)

Co-Founder & Admin: MMOUI
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Cairenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2002, 04:10 PM   #6
Kaori
A Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally posted by lauralantha
Heyas

I really like this mod, my only problem is that Im using 600x800 reso, and thus would like the buff window and the spell icon bar smaller (latter without the names next to them, as I already know what spells Ive memmed, duh )

I downloaded this minibuff window thing (http://www.eqinterface.com/sdownloa...info.php?id=163) from marcin, and also tried another (buffwindow-2.zip from geddine) - but I can't get either to work with yours - I keep getting default skin if I try

Ive followed the readme file to marcin, I assume he's using some files that you havent..

Anyways..Im a complete idiot when it comes to these things, so my main reason with this post was to ask if you would mind releasing a complete set with smaller buffwindow (your current ones are good enough, they just take too much space of my already small screen )/ an alternate for the spell bar for us who knows what spells we got up (aka only spell symbol gems, no text)?)

Either that or if some kind soul will help me getting the minibuff thing to work :/

Thanks in advance

For both Marcin's and Geddine's buff windows, all you need to do is to extract is EQUI_BuffWindow.xml, ignore the other files.
Attached Files
File Type: zip thin sta bar and no mana bar equi_playerwindow.zip (1.7 KB, 103 views)

Last edited by Kaori : 10-29-2002 at 04:31 PM.
Old 10-28-2002, 09:07 PM   #7
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Additional:

Combined Player & Group Window
Group Window now as Stats/Inv Window
Attached Files
File Type: zip kaov4cairplayergroup.zip (6.0 KB, 219 views)
Old 10-28-2002, 10:40 PM   #8
Kaori
A Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally posted by ugglan
i can't get your skin to work, the UIErrors-file is attached to this post.

it seems as if this skin is an upgrade to some skin, if it is, where can i get the base-package?

Thats really odd.. judging by the attached file, there was no problem except for the last line, which didn't have an explanation. When you extracted the zip file, did you have 'Use folder names' checked? (see pic at top of main post)
Attached Files
File Type: zip tking celtic inventory tkinventory.zip (296.2 KB, 405 views)

Last edited by Kaori : 11-02-2002 at 01:58 PM.
Old 10-30-2002, 10:38 AM   #9
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Same as I did last time, here is a short Player/Group window that has the sta/casting, exp and aaexp bars ripped back out of it.

Attached Files
File Type: zip kaov4cairshortplayergroup.zip (2.5 KB, 30 views)
Old 11-01-2002, 01:02 PM   #10
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Fixed the problem with the mana percentage not showing up.

In the zip file are 3 choices, the regular player window, and both options of the combined player/group window.
Attached Files
File Type: zip fixedplayer.zip (6.9 KB, 726 views)

Last edited by Cairenn : 11-01-2002 at 01:45 PM.
Old 11-01-2002, 05:50 PM   #11
kagetan
A Treant

Default Small modification

Made a few modifications to the KaoUI v4 skin.. The 'blue' theme looked a bit too blue (too bright) so I decided to change the skin a bit. I changed most of the gold/brown pieces (like the gauges, window borders, etc.) to gray because it looked better, changed the scroll and title bars to a paler shade of blue, and darkened the background texture a bit. Also included in the .zip is t.king's Celtic inventory mod.

Here's the screenshot: (click to enlarge - may load a bit slowly)

One final note, this mod does not include any new .xml files, it only contains .tga's. In other words, it shouldn't screw up your window mods that are already installed in the mod directory.

edit: spelling
Attached Files
File Type: zip kaomod.zip (306.2 KB, 326 views)
kagetan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2002, 05:10 PM   #12
Kaori
A Hill Giant

Group window with Invite/Disband/Follow/Decline buttons is attached, updated main post as well.

Vertical buttons in this order:
Invite
Disband
Follow
Decline
Old 11-19-2002, 10:56 PM   #13
Leiloo_EQ
A Gray Wolf

Default Amalthea's Pet Window

My change to the pet window. It's based off the Kaori one, I just made it longer (so it's the same length as the player and group windows) and made the attack and back off buttons bigger.

Attached Files
File Type: zip equi_petinfowindow.zip (1.4 KB, 57 views)
Leiloo_EQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2002, 10:42 AM   #14
Leiloo_EQ
A Gray Wolf

AVA v2 container (smaller) type for the Kaori UI...
Basically added a visable combine button, made it big and added 4 customizable slots that fit at the top of each bag for quick swaping things. This one has primary, secondary, range and ammo as the swap spots, but if you go to the <!-- CAKE INJECTION POINT> each of the four EQTypes is the setting for each slot (use the same guide you did to do the hotbox).
Attached Files
File Type: zip equi_container.zip (2.0 KB, 74 views)
Leiloo_EQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2002, 12:57 AM   #15
hortania
A Ghoul

Server: karana
Lightbulb

was trying to remove some stats on the Long compass bar and add music windows control on it... to make a single bar with stats and music.... but it dont wanna work.. why ???

can ya download my EQUI_CompassWnd.zip and check why it doesnt work ? plz
Attached Files
File Type: zip equi_compasswnd.zip (1.9 KB, 27 views)
hortania is offline   Reply With Quote