Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > Help ! ? ! ?
User Name
Password

Old 10-12-2008, 06:07 PM   #1
crystaluck
A Treant

Default Group window update request

http://www.eqinterface.com/download...nfo.php?id=1432

is the group window that I use. Does anyone know how to modify this for SoD expansion?
- I don't use the voice stuff (though others might and someone knows how to include that).
crystaluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 01:34 PM   #2
crystaluck
A Treant

Still looking for aid if anyone has time. I've experimented a bit but it's turned out pretty disasterous.

The link above or either of these 2 links is what I'm trying to adapt so it works with all patches.

http://www.eqinterface.com/download...nfo.php?id=2309

http://www.eqinterface.com/download...nfo.php?id=2438

~ If someone doesn't have time/inclination to aid, does anyone know of an existing UI package that uses a group window like this? I've been searching through all of the compilations and featured ones but haven't yet found one that's close to SoD/2-11-09 compliant either. Any tips or links much appreciated.
Old 02-15-2009, 07:20 PM   #3
akenta
Warrior of Qeynos

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Well, I'll go ahead and plug mine...

http://www.eqinterface.com/download...nfo.php?id=5710

But, I will look at yours and see if I can modify.
akenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 08:37 PM   #4
akenta
Warrior of Qeynos

Default Maybe fixed?

Here's what I got so far: added sta and mana to each group member (moved pet bar down). added icons to the right side of the name.

I was only able to test on me and cleric merc. No other group members and no one with voice or pets.

Let me know if I was close.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg crystalgroup.JPG (7.3 KB, 8 views)
Attached Files
File Type: xml EQUI_GroupWindow.xml (59.8 KB, 3 views)
Old 02-17-2009, 01:45 PM   #5
crystaluck
A Treant

Thanks for trying!

Think I realized one problem. Now that there are the stamina and mana bars, the group window I was using is way too small. As a cleric, I live/breath by being able to see/click the health bars easily and looks like what I really want is a group window that has a very very large health bar. (I do use F keys to target as often as I mouse.)

I liked yours but the F2-F6 health bars were just a bit too tiny to see at a glance. Looks like it would work really well for some, just not for the way I play. I did look at the mock up you did from the one I linked, but in addition to the tiny health bars it still had that one issue where you can't click on the health bar and get the person's name on target - from a few patches or when SoD came out, I forget when that bug was created.

Think I'm off to the drawing board to look through more interfaces, but thank you again for taking the time to help!
Old 02-17-2009, 09:38 PM   #6
akenta
Warrior of Qeynos

I'll keep on trying since I wasn't that far off.

I thought about making the group window bigger, but my small bars fit so I didn't. I played around with it a little bit tonight and made the health bar larger, but for some reason clicking on does nothing (all my other group windows will target the correct person). On the other hand, clicking on the stamina or mana bars will target the correct person - merc doesn't have a pet, but I'm guess that bar will work too).

Do you want all the bars made bigger or just the health bar. I notice that the square on the left keeps track of the hp% and changes color - might be why I didn't mind the smaller health bar.

I'm thinking if I can get the health bar clickable, then you'll have 3 (or maybe 4) bars to click on to target the person. Would that work, or do you want all the bars a little thicker?

I understand how once you have a window you like, it's hard to switch.