Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > Help ! ? ! ?
User Name
Password

Old 11-30-2012, 05:05 PM   #1
Stice
A Snow Griffin

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default close minimize help

Well I made a title bar so small that now windows with tabs the close and minimize buttons are behind the tabs on the end. rather then go and change the whole UI and move it down to make a gutter that i was trying to get rid of because I really love this titlebar i came up with. I did read you can not change the loc of them so I guess that is not an option, is their anyway to make it bigger and still work or longer to stretch out more to the ends and still work. Or maybe a way to move it out front so the tabs are behind. BTW not to not so good working with TGA files yet if it can be changed. have the title for WDT_RoundedNoTitle for the close and min button and changed this in the templates file
Code:
<Border> <TopLeft>A_InnerFrameTopLeft</TopLeft> <Top>A_InnerFrameTop</Top> <TopRight>A_InnerFrameTopRight</TopRight> <RightTop>A_InnerFrameRight</RightTop> <Right>A_InnerFrameRight</Right> <RightBottom>A_InnerFrameRight</RightBottom> <BottomRight>A_InnerFrameBottomRight</BottomRight> <Bottom>A_InnerFrameBottom</Bottom> <BottomLeft>A_InnerFrameBottomLeft</BottomLeft> <LeftTop>A_InnerFrameLeft</LeftTop> <Left>A_InnerFrameLeft</Left> <LeftBottom>A_InnerFrameLeft</LeftBottom> <OverlapLeft>0</OverlapLeft> <OverlapTop>0</OverlapTop> <OverlapRight>0</OverlapRight> <OverlapBottom>0</OverlapBottom> </Border> <Titlebar> <Right>A_InnerFrameTop</Right> <Left>A_InnerFrameTop</Left> <Middle>A_InnerFrameTop</Middle> <OverlapLeft>0</OverlapLeft> <OverlapTop>0</OverlapTop> <OverlapRight>0</OverlapRight> <OverlapBottom>0</OverlapBottom> </Titlebar>

here is a SS of what I am talking about too.

Any help or advice would be awesome,
Thanks,

Last edited by Stice : 11-30-2012 at 05:12 PM.
Stice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 06:36 PM   #2
firescue17
Premium Member

Server: Vox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stice
. . . is their anyway to make it bigger

What is "it" you are referring to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stice
Or maybe a way to move it out front so the tabs are behind.

No. There is no way to change the layering. Window elements will always overlap the close, minimize and help buttons if the titlebar is not tall enough.

firescue17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 07:24 PM   #3
Stice
A Snow Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by firescue17
What is "it" you are referring to?

Sorry was talking about the close or Min button itself being changed to a diff Icon button or resizing the close or min button.

thanks for the responce
Old 11-30-2012, 09:38 PM   #4
firescue17
Premium Member

Yes, one can change the graphic of the close, minimize and help button templates just like any other graphic.

The minimize button default location is offset by 1 px from the close and help buttons. If your new graphic is highly geometric or structured (no fades or blending), this will need to be compensated for with transparent padding so the buttons appear to line up.
Old 11-30-2012, 11:06 PM   #5
Stice
A Snow Griffin

thanks again for the reply.
Good to know they can be changed, that it just a little out of my knowledge on how to change icons.
I was looking for any way to change the target under the <WindowDrawTemplate item="WDT_RoundedNoTitle"> area from A_CloseBtn to another icon on a .tga file to find a larger button like a A_CheckBox or something like that that had all the correct 5 types such as Normal, Pressed, Flyby and so on. basically am asking if a guide on how to do that here that I am over looking? it doesn't need to be a X to close just something lager then the reg close button. I'm not so good at changing tga files so just was wondering. I did spend a bit of time looking but couldn't find anything on how, I am pretty sure it can be done like that, well i was hoping.

thanks,
Old 12-01-2012, 12:56 AM   #6
firescue17
Premium Member

Starting from the beginning:

In EQUI_Templates.xml is the template "WDT_RoundedNoTitle." This defines all the different graphics which make up the entire window when pieced together. The opening tag for this template starts with:

"<WindowDrawTemplate item="WDT_RoundedNoTitle">"

and ends with

"</WindowDrawTemplate>"

In this template are three sections with similar opening and closing tags:

"<CloseBox> . . . </CloseBox>" - graphics for the close button
"<MinimizeBox> . . . </MinimizeBox>" - graphics for the minimize button
"<QMarkBox> . . . </QMarkBox>" - graphics for the help button

Each individual button template is made up of a maximum of 5 images:

"<Normal> . . . </Normal>" - this is the default graphic
"<Pressed> . . . </Pressed>" - this is the graphic when the button is clicked
"<Flyby> . . . </Flyby>" - this is the graphic when the button is moused over
"<Disabled> . . . </Disabled>" - this is the graphic when the button is disabled, i.e. the graphic for the help button when the window doesn't have an associated help file
"<PressedFlyby> . . . </PressedFlyby>" - this is the graphic when the button is pressed and moused over. It's mostly irrelevant for the close, help and minimize buttons since they only have two states, pressed or unpressed. This template is only really used on checkbox type buttons.

None of the above five images are required. They will not crash the UI if not included. For example, <Disabled> I often just omit entirely for a blank graphic.

In each individual graphic tag is the individual graphic template, for example: "<A_MinimizeBtnNormal>." This is the default graphic used for:

<MinimizeBox>
<Normal> . . . </Normal>
</MinimizeBox>

This image template is found in EQUI_Animations.xml starting with:

"<Ui2DAnimation item="A_QMarkBtnPressedFlyby">"

and ending with:

"</Ui2DAnimation>"

The image template consists of two parts:

"<Cycle>true</Cycle>" - true / false: This defines whether the images has one static image (frame) or rotates through multiple images (frames). This is not a required parameter. The UI will not crash if you omit it entirely. I often do.

"<Frames> . . . </Frames>" - AT LEAST ONE FRAME IS REQUIRED If you don't have at least one frame, there is no image to be drawn. This defines the number of images the graphic will rotate through if <Cycle> is set to true.

The <Frames> consists of five sections:

"<Texture>window_pieces01.tga</Texture>" - TEXTURE IS REQUIRED! This defines the file which contains the graphic. If you open this image and look at it, you will see the graphic the button looks like. The texture file must scaled by powers of two to render properly in EQ: 2px x 2px, 4px x 4px, 8px x 8px, 16px x 16px, 32px x 32px, 64px x 64px, 128px x 128px, 256px x 256px, 512px x 512px. 512px should be the maximum dimensions due to performance issues. I have personally used up to 1024px x 1024px in EQ just to see if it would work.

"<Location>
<X>136</X>
<Y>90</Y>
</Location>
"

LOCATION IS IMPORTANT! This tells the game the X and Y coordinates in pixels of the top, left hand corner of the image, in this case 136px from the left of the image and 90px from the top of the texture file "window_pieces01.tga." If you open the texture file and count over 136px and down 90px you will see the button graphic. Location is not required, it will not crash the UI if omitted, it will default to 0, 0.

"<Size>
<CX>12</CX>
<CY>12</CY>
</Size>
"

SIZE IS REQUIRED! This tells the game the dimensions of the graphic to draw, in this case 12px x 12px. If you open the texture file and count to the right 12px and down 12px from the starting point defined in <Location> you will see the bottom, left hand corner of the graphic.

"<Duration> . . . </Duration>" - This defines the duration in milliseconds each frame will display if <Cycle> is set to true.

"<Hotspot> . . . </Hotspot>" - I don't know what this does. Never used it. Always deleted it and it has never broken anything.

So, to draw your own graphics, you need to define the texture, define the location and define the size of the new graphic. Then insert the animation into the button template, insert the button template into the windowdraw template, and insert the windowdraw template into the window.

The End.

This is a terrible tutorial. Feel free to ask for clarification.

Last edited by firescue17 : 12-01-2012 at 04:19 AM.
Old 12-01-2012, 03:55 AM   #7
Stice
A Snow Griffin

Thank you for your help, it seems that the close button is in the title bar itself. I ran thru this tutorial and used a diff much larger Icon and it still was the same to try to close it, although the bigger button would act like I was able to click it closed. I could still close the windows but it wanted to move the window and had to get in the "sweet spot." I changed it out to A_TabFrameTop and it seems to work well and match my UI nice, guess it needs at least 2px to click it closed in the title.
Guess that is one for lesson learned. I knew it was to good to be true or someone would have done that before.

Thanks again,
Old 12-01-2012, 04:18 AM   #8
firescue17
Premium Member

In order to have fully functioning close, minimize and help buttons, you MUST have a titlebar at least 3 px tall. This will provide 1px for a top margin, a 1px button, and a 1px bottom margin.

The smallest I've been able to make a title bar looks decent (in my opinion), provided enough white space to line up all the buttons evenly, AND is fully functional is about 9px tall.

Anything less than 3px will cause layering issues with the window elements and/or clipping of your graphic. That's just how it is with the hard-coded button locations in the titlebar.

You can get creative using taller titlebar images in conjunction with top margin transparencies; however, that will cause issues with clicking and dragging of the windows in game as well as trying to open doors, pick up groundspawns, etc. depending upon where you use that particular titlebar.

What you're experiencing is why all the truly minimalist mods have chat windows (at least) which require dragging the window into place from the four borders as opposed to drag and drop windows.