Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > Help ! ? ! ?
User Name
Password

Old 10-21-2015, 12:23 AM   #1
Jegehrke
A Gray Wolf

Default Pet window trouble with Simple_Stice UI

Hi, I downloaded and installed the Simple_Stice UI and like everything about it except I am getting pet windows where the buttons say "none" and don't funtion when I charm something. I switched out the EQUI_PetInfoWindow for the Bard pet window EQUI_PetInfoWindow. This window only has three buttons which were labeled right but didn't function. Tried Stice's Old Pet Window and then nothing so the default would load. Both of the last two gave me windows where the buttons were labeled "none" and would not function. At this point I am guessing the problem is somewhere else in the UI. Anyone have any ideas on where I should look next or how to try to fix this? Thanks
Jegehrke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 03:55 AM   #2
firescue17
Premium Member

Server: Vox
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jegehrke
Hi, I downloaded and installed the Simple_Stice UI and like everything about it except I am getting pet windows where the buttons say "none" and don't funtion when I charm something. I switched out the EQUI_PetInfoWindow for the Bard pet window EQUI_PetInfoWindow. This window only has three buttons which were labeled right but didn't function. Tried Stice's Old Pet Window and then nothing so the default would load. Both of the last two gave me windows where the buttons were labeled "none" and would not function. At this point I am guessing the problem is somewhere else in the UI. Anyone have any ideas on where I should look next or how to try to fix this? Thanks

Unlock the Pet Window and right-click to assign a command to the button. The Pet Window buttons will function just like any other hotkey which requires a command to be assigned.

firescue17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 01:29 PM   #3
Jegehrke
A Gray Wolf

Default Still not working

Hi, thanks for the response. I did not know those buttons could be assigned like hotkeys. However, that does not seem to be my issue. I tried what you suggested (made sure window was unlocked and right clicked on all buttons in all the pet windows I had downloaded [4]) and none of them responded. Meaning that no dialog box came up to edit with.
Just another piece of info, in all the pet windows the buttons will depress when I click on them like they should work but nothing happens. Seems almost like a disconnect somewhere. Just not good enough with this UI stuff yet to even guess at where to look next. Appreciate any ideas anyone else may have. I really like this setup and got it just like I want it just need to get this Pet Window working. Thanks again.
Old 10-22-2015, 11:21 AM   #4
Stice
A Snow Griffin

Not sure what is going on here, I just tested mine and it works as it should.
Old 10-22-2015, 12:56 PM   #5
Drakah
Skinning Guru

Just a shot in the dark here.... do you have "Enable Context Menu's" turned off under options?

Drakah

shakahr.com
Remember...it is only a GAME
Drakah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 06:29 PM   #6
firescue17
Premium Member

Server: Vox

You have to have a pet out to set the buttons. The buttons are disabled if the pet is dead or suspended.
firescue17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 06:53 PM   #7
Jegehrke
A Gray Wolf

Default You guys are all great

Hi all, first let me thank you, Stice, for such a great interface. I knew the problem was probably going to be something outside the interface. I liked the "shot in the dark", Drakah, because that would have been the sort of thing that it could have been and I never would have known to check, but alas the button was highlighted. So the answer turned out to be what firescue17 suggested, that I needed to set the keys with the pet up. Since I am playing a bard and you don't get to keep your pet for long I never played with the buttons during combat. I just made a Pet Attack Hotkey and was working around the Pet window problem until the fight was over. Then I was trying to figure out what the window problem could be. So thanks everyone for taking the time to share your ideas and especially Stice for your hard work.