Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Developer Discussion > XML modification help.
User Name
Password

Old 06-22-2011, 04:57 PM   #1
Zatris
A Treant

Server: Druzzil Ro
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default im getting an error here.

It works right but i get xml error in game
Code:
<Label item="Player_NameLabel"> <ScreenID>NameLabel</ScreenID> <Font>2</Font> <TextColor> <R>240</R> <G>240</G> <B>0</B> </TextColor> <RelativePosition>true</RelativePosition> <EQType>1</EQType> <NoWrap>true</NoWrap> <AutoStretch>true</AutoStretch> <TopAnchorOffset>0</TopAnchorOffset> <BottomAnchorOffset>150</BottomAnchorOffset> <LeftAnchorOffset>5</LeftAnchorOffset> <RightAnchorOffset>125</RightAnchorOffset> <LeftAnchorToLeft>true</LeftAnchorToLeft> </Label>

Zatz - The Combine(Drizle Ro)
Zatris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 06:25 PM   #2
Zatris
A Treant

This is the default with the <EQType>1</EQType> taken out and moved to a separate Label_item (like first post) since I want to change how the name appears and its placement.
when I add <EQType>17</EQType> to this the HP bar disappears

Code:
<Gauge item="Player_HP"> <ScreenID>PlayerHP</ScreenID> <TextColor> <R>240</R> <G>240</G> <B>240</B> </TextColor> <RelativePosition>true</RelativePosition> <TextOffsetX>1</TextOffsetX> <GaugeOffsetY>31</GaugeOffsetY> <FillTint> <R>240</R> <G>0</G> <B>0</B> </FillTint> <GaugeDrawTemplate> <Background>A_GaugeBackground</Background> <Fill>A_GaugeFill</Fill> <Lines>A_GaugeLines</Lines> <EndCapLeft>A_GaugeEndCapLeft</EndCapLeft> <EndCapRight>A_GaugeEndCapRight</EndCapRight> </GaugeDrawTemplate> <AutoStretch>true</AutoStretch> <TopAnchorOffset>145</TopAnchorOffset> <BottomAnchorOffset>185</BottomAnchorOffset> <LeftAnchorOffset>2</LeftAnchorOffset> <RightAnchorToLeft>false</RightAnchorToLeft> </Gauge>
Old 06-23-2011, 05:05 AM   #3
Makavien420
A Tundra Mammoth

your screen id doesnt match your item name
Old 06-30-2011, 03:29 AM   #4
Zatris
A Treant

AFIAK only the label name needs to match the <pieces> not the screenID. after looking at the eqtypes list, I am confused now since most do not match current default UI examples I have seen. Do I have to add "Label" on each screenID name like the default UI stuff or not as in the eqtypes listing?

<ScreenID>NameLabel</ScreenID> OR <ScreenID>Name</ScreenID>

is this correct too?
a/ <ScreenID>CharacterLastName</ScreenID> OR
b/ <ScreenID>Character Last Name</ScreenID> OR
c/ <ScreenID>CharacterLastNameLabel</ScreenID>

Last edited by Zatris : 06-30-2011 at 04:01 AM.
Old 06-30-2011, 08:45 AM   #5
valaury3169
Enhanced Imperial Golem

The text you choose for the ScreenID tag for custom pieces is inconsequential. For some 'stock' pieces, there is an exception to this rule for things that do not have an EQ Type, such as Pet Buff Icons and the LAA target buff icons. Neither of these have an EQ Type and are referred to in Sony's code by their ScreenID. if you change the text on those type of things, they will cease to function. Items with an EQType, for the most part, ignore the ScreenID.

I am curious though, when you say "get an xml error in game", what does that mean exactly? Do you get red text saying something to the effect of "xml files are not compatible", but the UI loads and functions properly? Or does the UI fail to load, and it reverts back to default?

In either case, if you look in your UIErrors.txt file in the EQ root, you can find information in there that will point to the problem. Perhaps you could post the last few lines of that file for us to review. It is quite helpful.
valaury3169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 12:02 AM   #6
Zatris
A Treant

will post errors when I get back home. Yes i get the red text xm not compatible, as i stated in the OP that appears to be the source. Again everything works fine with no useability issues. Ive been ignoring the red text for years thru all the updates and figured it was time to try to fine the source of the error.

If you want to test it out, take the default player window and remove only the eqtypes 1 line and create another label to use eqtypes 1 with and save. see the op. simple test.
Old 07-04-2011, 01:20 PM   #7
Halelen
Lord Doljonijiarnimorinar

Server: Povar

player hp label not player name label should solve xml issue

Hal
Halelen is offline   Reply With Quote