User Name
Password

Old 09-10-2003, 06:31 PM   #1
Fyste
Enhanced Imperial Golem

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default FysteUI - Patch Notices

***** No update for Nov Patch *****

( To my knowledge, there's nothing that needs to be fixed for the Nov patch. If anyone is having problems, please post here and I'll look right into it. Thanks! )

***** Updated for the 10/9 patch, see below *****

FysteUI ( a modified SarsUI v3.0 ) has been updated for LDoN as of today ( 9/10 ).

It's completely compatable now ( to the best of my knowledge .... )

Grab it Here

Any issues that you find, leave messages here or PM me.

Thanks!

( My Interfaces ) ( RETIRED )

Last edited by Fyste : 11-07-2003 at 02:16 PM.
Fyste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2003, 11:33 AM   #2
Guhmee Bear
A Ghoul

Do you plan on updating for use after the 10-9 patch?
Guhmee Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2003, 09:33 PM   #3
Fyste
Enhanced Imperial Golem

Yep, patched and updated !

A few changes that I hadn't planned on dropping into this patch... but since I was a bit taken aback by the amount of changes in this patch, you get what I was using

First, the Hotbox:

The casting window has been pulled OFF the hotbox and is now a floating cast bar. In it's place I put the Stamina bar back, and at the bottom left of the window ( where "Energy" was ) is now the percentage of Experience you have going to AA Exp. I did this for three reasons, 1) playing a caster is REALLY a pain when you have to keep glancing aside for your cast bar, 2) starting a newbie char is a pain when you can't see your Stamina ( it matters at low levels ), and 3) I got sick of opening the AA window to see what my AA Exp percentage is.

I can play with this some if people really are bothered by it... but I'm giving you two choices. First, the standard "floating" cast bar. It's really small, in fact it's just a cast guage and the borders around it. Position it right at the top of your Hotbox and you get pretty much what you had. Second, a "hanging" cast bar, which is what I used in the picture that's updated. I position mine INSIDE my chat window on the upper right corner, but it can hang anywhere... for example top center of screen under the options bar.

It defaults to the hanging CastBar. To change it, copy the file in the CastingWindow folder into the main folder, and overwrite the default one.

And... SpellGem bar:

I never liked the original Sars3.0 spellgem bar. "Casters" were never high on his priority list ( to be mild ) so when I started playing my lil Cleric again, small things started bugging me. So, the SpellGem ( CastSpellWindow ) bar has been redone to be something more "Sars-Like" that fits in better with the UI.

Next, Colors:

It's skinned in Grey now. Everything is Greyscale... take a look at the example pic. BUT before you yell... I also included the good old Sars3.0 Blue buttons. There are two folders under the "fyste" tree now, GreySkin and BlueSkin. Just drag and drop all the files from either folder into the main folder and overwrite whatever's there, then reload the IU. That will switch you from Blue to Grey or back.

Last, extra windows:

I cleaned out a couple of windows that REALLY didn't need to have special version in this UI. Most notably, the Loot window and Pet window. The result is they might draw a few pixels larger than the last revision, but they will work through all patches.

General Cleanup:

Fixed the QuestionMark help buttons, they're now drawn in the right places.

Fixed the draw problems with the group window, it's now the right scale and the lines won't look broken anymore.

PetWindow note:

I had been working on a Horizontal Pet Window ( after seeing one someone else had done, I got fired up about it )... I actually had it cleaned up and was going to put it into this release. Well, you can imagine what this patch did to THAT plan. The default PetWindow is in there right now. When I have the horizontal one working, I'll post that up in another patch. Also, I'll clean up the "old" Sars PetWindow while I'm in there to encorporate the new buff icons. But for now the default will have to do.

Enjoy

As always, comments are welcome!

Last edited by Fyste : 10-10-2003 at 09:42 PM.
Old 10-12-2003, 07:38 PM   #4
nivek23
A Ghoul

I noticed something with the hotbutton window, I dont know if it was unintentional, but theres a bit of a transparent line inbetween the stats (EXP HP AAEXP bars etc) And the clickies area It may be graphic, it may be XML I dont know, but it might be something to look into (To acually prove this, for all you 1024/786 people, type in /viewport 0 0 1024 567 and you will see what I mean) And the compass is off.

Other than that GREAT UI

Last edited by nivek23 : 10-12-2003 at 07:43 PM.
nivek23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2003, 11:49 PM   #5
Fyste
Enhanced Imperial Golem

It's actually because in the original Sars 3.0 UI he left the background behind the clickies transparent, so even smallest allignment problem will show through that way. I've been meaning to play with that and see what it looks like with a solid background, if there was a reason for doing it that way...

I'll take a look when I get home, travelling all this week. In the meanwhile, thank you for the compliment It's nice to know someone besides me actually uses the thing !
Old 11-07-2003, 02:15 PM   #6
Fyste
Enhanced Imperial Golem

Like the top message says... no update for this patch. BUT if you have a problem I'm not seeing, or there's a feature missing that I might not use, PLEASE post here and I'll get to it!

Tanks