Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > Request
User Name
Password

Old 08-01-2005, 04:34 PM   #1
Zereh
A Fire Beetle

Default UI Scale

Ok, not even sure this is a viable request since I know exactly squat about XML, but is there any way to "scale" a UI? Preferably with a slider bar ~

I just bought a nifty new 21" monitor and it really just pounds home the fact that my UI takes up huge amounts of space that it doesn't really need too. (And yes, I know it was the same on my old monitor; I just never bothered to ask if it were possible...)

I want it to keep the same look and feel of my UI, I just want to shrink it so that I can view more of the game. I don't need buttons the the size of half-dollars. =P Nor is there any reason that my buff bar should extend across 90% of my screen. I want tight, compact, non-fussy UI with lots of gaming view!

Z

Just wanted to add that I play using the max resolution, if that makes any difference.

Last edited by Zereh : 08-01-2005 at 04:40 PM. Reason: added the resolution comment
Zereh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 04:27 AM   #2
Wymp
A Shissar Disciple

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Kinda hard to know how to help you out without knowing what you're using right now.

Default, some other custom UI, a mix of mods ?

You might find some things you could use to streamline yours some in the Downloads section under Complete Sets --> Minimalist.

Also, just knocking the titlebars off windows can save some space and make everything look cleaner, as well.
Wymp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 08:28 AM   #3
Kavrvnwlf
A Wooly Rhino

Would also have to know what resolution you are running at. on a 21" monitor, everything shouldn't be that big unless you are using a low resolution.
Kavrvnwlf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 09:49 AM   #4
Sylphan
A Predatory Creeper

What you want to do is increase the resolution you're running EQ at.

Spell icons and buff icons are (almost) always 40x40 pixels. Doing the math based on your buff bar, I figure you must be using 1024x768 resolution. It's a lot of work to change that, because there's about a thousand different icons and window borders and other little parts that would all need to be resized. Most people who don't want buttons the size of half dollars just switch to a higher resolution, perhaps 1600x1200. The icons are still 40x40, but take up less of the screen at that resolution.
Sylphan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 09:58 AM   #5
Inokis
Pale Scrawny Guy

Server: Bristlebane // Erollisi Marr
Send a message via Yahoo to Inokis

You can easily use viewport and move/resize the screen area independent of the UI and still be able to view the whole game.
Old 08-03-2005, 04:28 PM   #6
Vaanoor
A Gray Wolf

I think he is looking for the feature that WoW has where you can dynamically resize the UI elements on the fly.
Probably not going to happen with EQ unless the UI display code can already change the redraw size and it is just not turned on for us.
Vaanoor is offline   Reply With Quote