User Name
Password

Old 10-30-2014, 04:15 PM   #211
HSishi
Premium Member

Server: Antonius Bayle
Default 14.0 - ExtTarget window borked

Hello Halelen,

the Redux Evolution set has a borked Ext Target window, all three UI versions (Caster, Hybrid, Melee). Can you look into that?

- The targeting feature does not work.
- Special slot assignments work, but their HP percentage value and mana gauge do not match the slot where they should be.

Not sure if both problems are the result of the flexibility of the slot placements.

Last edited by HSishi : 10-30-2014 at 06:07 PM.
HSishi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 07:04 PM   #212
Halelen
Lord Doljonijiarnimorinar

Server: Povar
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default Not Borked

Actually not borked. I changed from location to Tile layout box to give users a more flexible option. Sony started with 30 slots , then cut it back to 24, and only like 13 are actually active. So I took a gamble and rolled the dice. If you use them on auto hater they work fine or if used sequentially they work fine. but if you want to use auto hater on 1 and main tank on 5 , that's when the issue pops up. That being said im not sure im going to mess with it unless enough people use more then 13 targets. you can also use the old one with no issues.

Hal
Attached Files
File Type: xml EQUI_ExtendedTargetWindow.xml (52.3 KB, 1 views)
Halelen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 01:07 PM   #213
HSishi
Premium Member

Mh, just 13 target slots ... I already wondered about the sheer amount of fields you reserved .
For now, I simply masked the not-yet-in-use "pieces" out ("<!--" / "-->" tags) so I can add them later at any time SOE brings out new ranks.

I replaced the file in the UIs with the file provided above and noticed your file only has 9 slots open.

I still try to figure out why the flexible window does not work. If I get myself in target and assign "Current Target" to any ExtTarget slot, the name, HP, endurance / stamina and the correct Target Type icon is placed properly to the slot I chose.
But ... the HP and aggro percentages (number values) and mana gauge aren't displayed at the correct slots. Those values simply fill up slots beginning from first. Removing a target with HP and mana will cause the gauges / values to go up one slot.

Sorry if I confuse you a bit, I can't describe it properly in english .

For the targeting issue, I noticed the clickable area for targeting was limited to the TargetType icons. I figured out how to change that:
In the "ETW_Role0" section, change the Size CX value from 16 to 125.
In the "ETW_Roles" section, chance the Spacing value from 112 to 2.

//HSishi

Last edited by HSishi : 10-31-2014 at 05:28 PM.
Old 04-25-2015, 07:34 AM   #214
LGriffonslayer
A Fire Beetle

Default I Love this UI!

This UI is my absolute favorite! Is there any chance it is still going to see updates?

L
LGriffonslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 08:04 AM   #215
Halelen

It isn't currently working?
Old 04-25-2015, 02:04 PM   #216
HSishi
Premium Member

Oh, it is. Latest version works without major issues.

Only the resizeable Extented Target window still has troubles:
- Does not assign Mana bar and Health percentage to the correct slot, if something else than "Auto" is used for slots not at the beginning.
Endurance bar IS at the right slot, though, which makes it a bit weird ...
- In second slot, mob's name appears always in white instead of the correct con color
But this misbehaviour is in this window since it first was integrated.

Besides that, no issues with the UI, even after last patch which had some UI modifications.
Old 04-25-2015, 03:34 PM   #217
LGriffonslayer
A Fire Beetle

I guess I need to try to reload again. After the patch that introduced the advanced loot window my UI borked back to default and wouldn't load.

I must have messed up when I tried to reload it again after that.

Edit:

I deleted everything in my UI folder and downloaded and reloaded it again and it worked! SO happy to have it back!

I'm still not sure what I did to screw it up.

Last edited by LGriffonslayer : 04-25-2015 at 04:20 PM.
LGriffonslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 10:34 AM   #218
Iceburst
A Bat

Default Quartz

I've been using Quartz UI from the beginning. It's the best UI out there.

I'm glad it's still around in some form.

But, there is a few problems with this one, that maybe you could fix.

When you have many big many slotted bags, and open them all at the same time, they don't all display their slots.

The group window, the mana bar is very hard to see, it's more like a shadow, and it feels more like guessing where the line is, then being about to just glance and see it.

The spell bar, won't stay locked at one size, and keeps getting a little bigger, and starts to over lap other things.

I had to stop using this UI, because it won't display my bags correctly, and won't let me use the default bags instead, and forces me to use this UI's broken bags.

I really wish someone could update this UI, and fix these problems. I'm forced to use a UI that is only passable. I'd rather being using this one.
Iceburst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 04:56 PM   #219
Jolinar
A Ghoul

Default Been a while

Been a while since an update... Like the other's I wish it was updated to reflect the changes wondering if any of the game UI file changes are negatively affecting the UI?? I might have to teach myself some programming in my spare time
Jolinar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 01:28 AM   #220
HSishi
Premium Member

The last update wasn't that big, UI-related.

All stats in the Inventory's Stats tab still exist and work, they got only re-arranged in Default UI (and DBG did mess even that up a bit). There are no new stats to display, just the formula's to calculate them changed and the calculations are done on the server.

There's a new column in Raid window which shows if someone in raid isn't flagged for the intented zone. Not sure if this has also be coded in the UI or if the contents of the "Chars in raid" field is managed serverside.

Same goes for the consolidated AA's - they don't need an updated AA window.

Though, I wish there is a still-working WYSIWYG layout editor for EQUI files. The ones which used to work years ago got no updates to support current Java runtime lib's and their lists of stats, value or bar indicator are outdated for a decade now .
I can't believe there's no other software which can handle EQUI files and treats the UI bits as what they are - bits of Text, values and bar indicators which are represented by a placeholder in the editor.
Old 05-27-2016, 10:04 PM   #221
fryguy503
A Shissar Disciple

Server: Xegony

SIDL still works pretty good (Do not try to mod the Inventory window, it will crash).

It generally gives a crash error on startup, just do not dismiss the error, go into the tools and options and disable check update on startup.

fryguy503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 10:08 PM   #222
RickeySnakes
Premium Member

Where can one get SIDL?
RickeySnakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 09:12 AM   #223
fryguy503
A Shissar Disciple

Server: Xegony

fryguy503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 10:58 AM   #224
Halelen

The last I checked this UI still functioned. If that is not correct let me know what isn't working and I will fix.
Old 09-21-2017, 01:19 PM   #225
HSishi
Premium Member

Hi Halelen.

The Sept. 20th 2017 patch "finally" broke the Redux Evolution UI. Before that, version 14.5 (Melee) worked fine.

In earlier patches I was able to add small fixes (if there were needed any) until a overhaul was done but yesterday's patch was too much .
Unfortunately there isn't a UI files change list (yet).

The UIErrors.txt file doesn't help much. Lots of "... not found, trying to load from default" which weren't an issue in the past, but there are now some "... referenced but not declared" reports:
Quote:
XML reference error! ButtonDrawTemplate[7]:BDT_FindItem[41] referenced but NEVER declared!
XML reference error! ButtonDrawTemplate[7]:BDT_ExportCalendar[42] referenced but NEVER declared!

Error validating symbol table.

Any hint for fixing those errors?
Thanks in advance.

//HSishi