Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Developer Discussion > XML modification help.
User Name
Password

Old 07-29-2002, 09:13 AM   #1
Izzin
A Gray Wolf

Default Reversing Spell Fill Direction

I have tried numerous times to reverse the direction of the spell buff icons filling in a Horizontal window to no avail.

Is this even possible? I really would like them to fill from LEFT to RIGHT instead of backwards.

Also, feature request we should submit to VI is the ability to reference a unique Spell Icon for each spell. I know they reuse alot of the same Icons for spells across classes. Unique Icons would allow us to add a graphic change to each to diferentiate one spell from another. WIthouth having to have the 16-20 character wide text at the end of a icon.

Izz
Izzin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2002, 12:44 PM   #2
Braniff
A Fire Beetle

Ive been trying to make them go left to right also but no luck... Any help would be awesome!
Braniff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2002, 07:23 PM   #3
Geddine
A Wooly Rhino

Server: Morell-Thule
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

The fact that the client ignores the position settings in the XML leads me to believe that the buffs are hard coded, this is to allow for the resizing/moving of the buff window.

In my mind this ability is now redundant and should be removed. I'd say everyone puts there buff window where they want in the shape they want and it stays there unmoving.

The fact that now we can make any window resizable and shiftable leads me to believe that this coding really isn't needed anymore. Actual fact I think a post to Verant is needed.
Bye for now
Old 07-31-2002, 04:26 PM   #4
Cinius Shade
A Ghoul

It's hardcoded but you should be able to change around the locs. Send me the code you're using for now Izz and I'll look at it.

Geedi!! Go debugg your buff window I stole your bitmaps to use for my "Very small Very Tiny Text Only" buff window. Redid all the code and found...a few problems that is unless you've updated the code in the last few days...and what the hell is up with your webspace.....??

Cinius
Cinius Shade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2002, 09:02 PM   #5
Geddine
A Wooly Rhino

hehe I tried replying to your e-mail but the address is faulty.

Here is my reply to it

Quote:
The locations of buffs are hard-coded (don't think this was changed in the
31st Patch but have yet to log on) so setting the buff locations to whatever
you please it doesn't affect the running of the game.
Descrepancies in sizes? would you be able to point them out to me, although
I may find them when I redo the window later today. The original buff window
was finalised at like 3AM and it looked fine at the time
What changes have you done to the window? I think I have attachments
disabled on my e-mail account.

Further to this, I've left the coordinates of Buff0 and Buff1 the same so I'll be able to see when Verant allow us the ability to set the position.
Geddine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2002, 01:46 AM   #6
Cinius Shade
A Ghoul

Ahh okies... use this addy:

[email protected]

I destroyed that other email program right after it did all that BS.

When I redid the xml for what I wanted it to do having the same loc on 0 and 1 caused the window to resize the bmp within the window which meant the bmp didn't get shown. Of course it only did this when I zoned(actually one of the ppl that wanted the code told me about it while I was still playing with the UI stuff).

Sizes on some of the labels were like 260, then 344(on most of them), and I think a 440 or something tossed in there too(don't have the code up right now and about to go to bed).

What about the NoTitle in the Drawtemplate? I know in the buffwindow it's not that critical but switch those tags around in the other windows and it screws the look up somewhat..

Hoping to roll out the UI myself and a friend are working on by next week. It's a little different and we're hoping it has a few nice items that will appeal to some ppl in it.

Holler at me from time to time!

Cin
Cinius Shade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2002, 02:41 AM   #7
Geddine
A Wooly Rhino

Ahhhh the text label sizes Thats just my laziness there. When it got to about 2AM I didn't feel like going through editting 15 slots which had no effect on the appearance. And since it looked fine I never quite got back to going through and fixing it up

Still stumped about the positioning though, I tried literally for hours to move those buffs with no success. Just wondering if a patch was out there that changed it. I did have this buff window completed about 2 weeks into going live on test server. (Well before the new spell gem came in anyways.)
Geddine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2002, 04:21 PM   #8
Granbel
A Bat

Server: Lanys T'vyl

After spending about an hour messing with the buff window last night, I was able to reverse the direction of the text labels only. The buff icons still fill in the normal direction. Hard coded: sure. Fix coming up in the next patch: hope so but doubtfull. Looking at the default buff window, looks like VI intended the buff window to have 5 rows of 3 icons which I can only assume is to give a reference point for wrapping icons in a smaller window or possible just a predefined template for when they actuall do implement client side modification.

As I am new to the mod scene, I may be a little off base here. I'm sure someone will let me know.
Granbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2002, 05:04 PM   #9
Wolfran
A Tundra Mammoth

My guess is they hard-coded the current buff window to work the same as the old buff window; one that you could resize in any way in-game and the buffs will fill the space provided (1x15, 2x8, 3X5, etc). Could be either something they haven't got to so they made a default, hard-coded window for the beta test; or they intend it to remain that way.

The game already provides only 15 slots to put buffs into. Should be rather simple for Verant to keep the current functionality (in-game freedom of resizing) while providing freedom for developers to make the buff window as they wish. Hopefully they do it.