Password

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-12-2003, 02:52 PM   #1
Kudane
Co-Founder

Server: Xegony
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default Nasty Virus on the Loose!

W32.Blaster.Worm is a nasty little virus that is attacking systems all over the country. The effected OS's seem to be Windows XP, NT, 2000, 2003 Server. The only un-affected OS at the moment is Windows ME. If your using XP or any other NT platformed Windows OS Read below. (please note EQInterface.com/EQGui.com and our files do not have this virus, we are sharing info to help stop the virus)

You can read Symantec's write up on the Virus including symtoms and removal here. If you know you have picked up this virus they have released a worm removal tool you can download here

Microsoft has updated thier window's patcher to fix the hole that this virus is coming in through. To download the stand-alone patch to fix this you can go to Microsoft's site here. Please read the whole page, you will find specific information about how to apply the patch and links to the patch files.

As I said, this is a nasty little bug. To be clear the virus is not hiding in any of our files. We are sharing this with you out of concern, as always our files are checked for virus regularly.

And a special thanks to Fazzelan, Scottpero, and Kuthbert from my Guild Stone for the information and links they provided. The were quick to find all the info needed to prevent/cure/fix this virus.

- Kudane

Last edited by Kudane : 08-12-2003 at 03:03 PM.
Kudane is offline   Reply With Quote