Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Developer Discussion > Graphics modification help.
User Name
Password

Old 07-18-2006, 09:05 PM   #1
Quelthalas
A Ghoul

Default is there a max size for the tga dimensions?

is there a max size for the dimensions of the tga

Last edited by Quelthalas : 07-18-2006 at 10:51 PM. Reason: reworded
Quelthalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 12:53 AM   #2
magu2k
A Fire Beetle

I"m not an expert here, I'm askign a questiopn on a similar topic.. BUt I believe the maximum is 1024x1024. Do nto quote me on that. My question is what ar ethe overall specifications of TGA files that Everquest requires? Size, dimension, bit depth, etc etc.
magu2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 12:59 AM   #3
Stoplaughin
A Tundra Mammoth

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quelthalas
is there a max size for the dimensions of the tga

Unless EQ forces a max, the max texture size is dependent on your video card. Any video card with shader model 3 supports at least 4096x4096.

Quote:
Originally Posted by magu2k
My question is what are the overall specifications of TGA files that Everquest requires? Size, dimension, bit depth, etc etc.

EQ should be able to load any valid bmp, dib, hdr, jpg, pfm, png, ppm, tga, or dds image. I haven't test all those formats though. There are two limitations that I know of.

The dimensions of a texture must be a power of two (2, 4, 8, 16, 32, ...). It does not have to be square though. One side can be 128 and another 256.

With the exception of dds files, all image formats that I have tested are compressed using DXT3. DDS files are loaded in whatever format they were saved in. But full mipmap chains are created for dds files. That means that they take an extra 1/3 more memory in memory, which in many cases is not significant.

There is some more discussion at http://www.eqinterface.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=19809.

Last edited by Stoplaughin : 10-09-2008 at 01:14 AM.
Stoplaughin is offline   Reply With Quote