Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Interface Gallery Discussion > Released
User Name
Password

Old 10-24-2002, 03:43 PM   #16
wolja
A Treant

Server: veeshan

Arista
One more question given my non XML knowledge.

I have created a slider timer in the friends window. How do I move it as the border is gone. It comes up immobile in the middle of the screen.

Thanks in advance
Wolj
wolja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2002, 06:39 PM   #17
Arista
TimerMod Creator

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Quote:
Originally posted by wolja
How do I move it as the border is gone. It comes up immobile in the middle of the screen.

First, make sure your window is not locked (via right-click context menu). Then, click and hold on the bottom edge of the window, just below the bottom-most timer. When you click and hold, the move cursor should appear - if it doesn't, click around until it appears. Once you see it, you can then drag the window to wherever you want.

The left edge (just to the left of the timers) or the right edge (just to the right of the timers) will also work, but the bottom edge works the best. Note that there is no place to click on the top edge that will allow you to move the window, due to a transparent overlapping element there.

Arista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2002, 07:03 PM   #18
Casanunda
A Shissar Defiler

Server: Fennin Ro
Send a message via ICQ to Casanunda

Oh, no problem, ari...I know how Real Life can get in the way often...I'm still in high school >.< Sorry to seem like I was rushing you. Take it easy. And thanks for the banana!
Fennin Ro"The Forgotten Server"
Go Kicky Fast Okay!
Casanunda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2002, 08:09 PM   #19
Jarlo
A Fire Beetle

Server: The Tribunal

Does this run post POP? I installed POP then tried to slap in a custom timer and had no luck

Wanted to hear that it worked for someone before messing with it more
Jarlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2002, 11:53 AM   #20
Arista
TimerMod Creator

Quote:
Originally posted by Jarlo
Does this run post POP? I installed POP then tried to slap in a custom timer and had no luck

I have just confirmed that the timer still works after the 10/25 patch. What expansions you've installed shouldn't affect whether or not a UI mod works, as everyone gets the same UI files (just some features aren't enabled based on your expansions). However, since I don't have POP yet, if someone with a timer installed can confirm that, please post here.

That being said, your problem is most likely due to a mod installation issue. Here are some troubleshooting tips, for common problems that people have:

1) Make sure you've waited for the full XML file to download, by scrolling down to the bottom and making sure that the last line is </XML>. If you grab the source before it is fully downloaded, you can end up with a partial file.

2) Make sure you've created a directory directly under EverQuest\uifiles and that the directory name is one word only (no spaces).

3) Make sure you have saved the XML file using the correct file name. The name you should use is specified near the top of the XML file. This is the most common error that peple make, and causes the timer to not show up at all. The correct file name always begins with "EQUI_" and corresponds to the window that you generated the XML for.

4) Make sure your graphics file is also named appropriately. Again, the correct file name for the graphics file is also specified near the top of the XML file.

Once you log in, and type /loadskin FOLDER 1, what happens? Look in your UIErrors.txt file (in the EverQuest directory) and see if there is a line with "Error" in it (lines with "Warning" are normal and expected). If there is an error, post it here and I'll take a look.
Old 10-26-2002, 02:58 AM   #21
dialatid
A Gray Wolf

Default change colors

This timer is awesome!!

Is there a way to change the tick-down bars color to be a different color then the ones you have listed?

I wanted a dark purple clock, thx
dialatid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2002, 03:45 AM   #22
Tipop
A Snow Griffin

The bars colors are set in the graphic file. If you want to twiddle with that, just load it into a paint program and go to town. (Just be sure to preserve the alpha channel.) That's how alternate skins are made for the timers, after all.
Tipop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2002, 04:17 AM   #23
Shasriel
A Treant

I installed PoP and haven't noticed any problems with my timer that i had before I got PoP, everything works just fine for me.

Shasriel
Shasriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2002, 04:24 AM   #24
tadashya
Pixel Pusher

Server: erollisi marr
Send a message via ICQ to tadashya Send a message via AIM to tadashya

dont spose the pointers *have* to be pink yellow blue, etc? could they be variants of say... natural colors like brown and green? Or would that confuse people.

Original Artwork by Tadashya my current favorite sig slice
tadashya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2002, 11:39 AM   #25
Arista
TimerMod Creator

Yes, the "look" of the timer is definitely customizable any way you'd like. To modify the timer graphics (colors, textures, etc.), start with the default graphics file, which can be downloaded from the following URL:

Download default graphics file

The file looks like this:

(The image shown here is JPG for browser display only, you should download the TGA version for editing.)

Once you've downloaded the default file, you can open it up in a graphics program and make modifications to it. As long as the graphical elements stay in the same locations, the timer XML will load up your graphics correctly.

Modifying the timer graphics is definitely encouraged! If you create a timer skin that you'd like to share (see Tipop's skins for excellent examples), send it to me and I'll post it on the user-submitted skins section of the timer site.

Last edited by Arista : 05-14-2003 at 03:48 AM.
Old 10-26-2002, 12:07 PM   #26
Arista
TimerMod Creator

Quote:
Originally posted by Shasriel
I installed PoP and haven't noticed any problems with my timer that i had before I got PoP, everything works just fine for me.

Thanks, Shasriel, for confirming. I'm most likely not going to be PoP-enabled for some time, seeing as I spend less of my free time playing the game these days than working on the timer.
Old 10-26-2002, 03:43 PM   #27
Arista
TimerMod Creator

Quote:
Originally posted by Casanunda
Any chance you could put the analog tick dial clock on the Actions window? As a seperate tab on the actions window?

This mod is done, and is now available from the "Other Downloads" section of the timer site. The rest of the original default actions window has been preserved as-is; the only change is the addition of a new tab with the dial/digital timer on it.
Old 10-26-2002, 03:45 PM   #28
Casanunda
A Shissar Defiler

Server: Fennin Ro
Send a message via ICQ to Casanunda

Thank you!! *hugs*

It looks great! I can't thank you enough. You can have this banana though, for whatever reason you might want it O.o
Casanunda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2002, 12:31 AM   #29
Arista
TimerMod Creator

Default Version 3.2 Released

Casanunda - you're welcome. Thanks for the banana.

I've investigated the slider problem that Marcin mentioned, and have released version 3.2 to fix it. This new release includes the following changes to the slider timer:

1. The slider will no longer be able to move past its boundaries. This bug is reproducible in the 3.1 (and earlier) slider timer by moving the slider to either end, then clicking around on the bar. Not a serious problem, but you can download version 3.2 for a fix.

2. It is now easier to move the timer window. You can now click and hold on any of the four edges, as well as any space between the timers, to get the move cursor.

3. In addition to dragging the slider, there are now two other options for moving the slider. You can click on the bar to either side of the slider to move it in large increments, or you can use the buttons (full version only) to move it in small increments.
Old 10-28-2002, 12:47 AM   #30
marcin
A Snow Griffin

Server: Bertoxxulous

Very, very nice. Wasn't a serious problem but it was very annoying, thanks Arista.