Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Interface Gallery Discussion > Released
User Name
Password

Old 09-04-2004, 04:07 PM   #1
Aridale Belmont
A Ghoul

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default My EQ2 UI

I dunno if any of you have seen it but I released my EQ2 ui for EQ1 a while ago and Ive been makin updates and improvements etc since then. What I was wonderin is if you guys have seen some screenshots of the eq2 ui the spells are hotkeys right to your hotkey bar theres no spell gems in eq2. So the hotkeys of spells are just the spells icon the full size of the hotkey button. Ive made that work for eq1 and heres an ingame pic. What I was wonderin is if anyone would WANT this in eq1? It works well Im usin it right now and everything is fine. I think it might cause some trouble for icons like the combat abilities window and stuff but I havent tested it yet. Anyway thoughts feedback etc?

Heres my ui.
Old 12-14-2004, 03:20 PM   #2
gaelon
A Gray Wolf

hey i've downloaded and installed and am running your ui now.. i absolutely love it.. here is my only concern with it.

If you wish to run and eq2 ui with spells located in the hotbutton area, would you not want two hotkey bars?

I don't know how to do it or i would for my own..

example.. i currently use my hotkey bar for multiple tasks.. ie.. insta invis aa, harmony spell, snare spell, root spell, ranged attack, assit hotkey, incoming hotkey, direct damage spell, guardian aa, tracking.

that is my primary use hotkey bar.. i have several others memmed for mgb's dragging corpses, spells flat out (for your ui) etc etc..

it seems a bit of work to be switching out because i use the primary hotkey setup almost all the time, but i get a request at raids for atk buffs or i need to quick heal the chanter or whatever. on the fly i think it may be tough to hit shift 2 and get my spell bar up.

i would love to see some way of forming multiple hotkeys.. i could use three in reality, but two would work fine.. i just don't know if there is any way of having two up and having them both work individually as in eq2.. in eq2 you can right click the bar and there is an option to create another bar just as you would a chat window. i keep three running most of the time in eq2 for fight, buff, and other. i've been thinking about it, and i've come up with you could probably duplicate the window in the xml, but i think when you hit shift2 to bring up the spell set it would bring it up for both windows, because the program isn't written to run them individually.

so, is there anyone out there smart enough to work this out? I know there's got to be if people can write programs into games for botting.. why can't someone work something into it for a good use lol. If any devs read this.. check into it for a patch.. people are leaving this game and going to the new ones.. i've put 5 years into it and my guild isn't going anywhere new and i'm not either.

anyway.. love the ui i am going to keep using it, and would love to help develop it further if i can be of any assistance.. i am no programmer, but i know my game

gaelon
68 ranger
druzzil ro
Tenacity
gaelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004, 04:12 PM   #3
gaelon
A Gray Wolf

ok on further investigation into the spells... i loaded several different sets of spells into different pages of the bars, but as i was afraid .. whatever spells i memmed when i loaded the ui are the only ones available to me on any page.

am i doing something wrong? i may have to search for a spell window to insert cus i can't seem to get it the way i want and i constantly use way more than 9 spells
Old 12-14-2004, 05:19 PM   #4
gaelon
A Gray Wolf

Thumbs up

spellbar works perfectly with ui

i hope this is ok with the creator of the ui and the spellbar.. i don't mean to jump all over it.. i just fell in love with their work, and this solves any spell casting difficulties. totally functional and a work of art guys thanks

Last edited by gaelon : 12-14-2004 at 07:00 PM. Reason: fixed my problems maybe it will help others too
Old 01-08-2005, 09:16 PM   #5
ElennaEQ2
A Fire Beetle

Server: Antonia Bayle (EQ2)

Do you still need screenshots of spells and window layouts, etc? I would be more than happy to post up a few.
ElennaEQ2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005, 12:28 PM   #6
Teneniel
Enhanced Imperial Golem

Server: Druzzil Ro, The Nameless
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Send a message via ICQ to Teneniel Send a message via AIM to Teneniel Send a message via MSN to Teneniel Send a message via Yahoo to Teneniel

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaelon
am i doing something wrong? i may have to search for a spell window to insert cus i can't seem to get it the way i want and i constantly use way more than 9 spells

Not doing anything wrong. EQ1 allows one hotbutton window/bank of keys (10) and one set of spells memmed (9max)
As of this time there is no work around. The only addidtional 'hotbuttons' you can use are to leave a page of social button open in your actions window and use those in addition to hotbuttons. Its not quite the same thing but it is the only way you can have multiple hotbuttons so to speak. Ive been doing it for years mostly for menial aa skills i need on a regular basis but dont want to waste hotbutton slots on.

And as for the programmers you mentioned in a previous post. Unless the sony Devs make it its against the EULA and you could get banned for using it.