Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Interface Gallery Discussion > Released
User Name
Password

Old 12-09-2003, 10:14 AM   #1
B_Delacroix
A Snow Griffin

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default Glass UI

The Glass UI is missing one button for the Options window at this time. Otherwise it is working.

I plan to upload a new update after the big melee window changes.

In the meantime, if you must have the missing button (which is so insignificant to me I can't remember what it is) you can delete the EQUI_Optionswindow.xml file from the custom UI directory and the game will use the default one.
Old 12-11-2003, 09:02 AM   #2
Keilia
A Hill Giant

Server: Tunare
Default Looking forward to it =)

I am looking forward to using this UI again. I absolutely love it for my rogue.
Old 12-19-2003, 10:10 AM   #3
B_Delacroix
A Snow Griffin

I'm on vacation for the holiday week. Be looking for something soon after that, though.
B_Delacroix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2004, 09:27 AM   #4
B_Delacroix
A Snow Griffin

Uploaded an update to GlassUI that fixed the missing button.

Here is what I've done for the next update. Not uploaded until I figure out a "can't stay logged on" problem.

I changed the containers to a style I liked and saw on the Drakah WOW remix. It was a real bear as I would get mystery crashes and nothing in the uierrors.txt. After painfully changing one section at a time and reloading the UI over and over, it came down to exactly one entry referring to a texture I was not using nor ever created.

It was the equivelant of missing a semicolon in a large program that is otherwise perfectly fine. Once that line was fixed it all fell into place just like it was supposed to.

The differences from the Drakah WOW remix containers are:

* I didn't use the 30 item merchant box.
* I changed the window border and background to match the style of the rest of the glass UI. IE: its made of that textured slightly tinted glass.
* The inventory click boxes are 40x40 rather than 30x30. I use a high resolution screen and I had trouble seeing the items when they were so small.

Some minor problems I haven't been able to figure out:

*Altering the container windows is a real exercise in guesswork. Most everything that makes sense for every other UI component is different for the containers. As a result, in containers that hold 8 or 10 items, the right edge of the final two items is slightly cut off. I have no idea why yet.

* There is a sliver of completely transparent texture at the bottom of each container window just above the bottom border. The window background texture should be tiling so I don't know why there is this empty sliver. You have to look for it to see it.
Old 01-05-2004, 10:46 AM   #5
Fozzik
A Shissar Defiler

Server: Solusek Ro

One thing I discovered that screws up the way the game tiles backgrounds: If the background texture is of a non-standard size, or is called incorrectly.

What I mean is, tga's must follow the doubles rule... they must be 16, 32, 64, 128, 256, etc pixels on a side.

Normally, if you make a texture that is not a correct size, like 92x64... the game will just warp the tga to fit. But in the case of tiled backgrounds, I've noticed that it leaves strange artifacts like little boxes or circles.
Also, if the file is 64x64 and you call it as a different size, like in the animations file you call for it to be 32x64... the same thing can happen.

I hope this makes some sort of sense. =\
Fozzik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2004, 09:09 AM   #6
B_Delacroix
A Snow Griffin

That may be what is happening. I know the tile is of a power of 2, but I may have inadvertently resized it somewhere.

I have uploaded change 2 today.
Old 01-12-2004, 12:14 PM   #7
B_Delacroix
A Snow Griffin

Me again.

Some revisions to GlassUI not uploaded as yet.

I looked at Rax's 3D Map Window and decided it fit well within the theme and purpose of the GlassUI. I've added to my personal UI folder (just drops in no conflicts). If he doesn't mind, I'll leave it in for the next upload of the GlassUI files.

Also, I switched to using the larger, but more colorful, Elanthian Ring Of Power. Also simply dropped in. You can clean up a little by removing the old .tga files for the Raxthorne animated rune ring. Again, if Dastinar doesn't mind, I'll leave this in the next upload.

If either of you do mind, I can easily remove them before upload.
Old 08-02-2004, 09:33 AM   #8
Dastinar
A Ghoul

Don't mind at all... I just gotta check out your GlassUI now heh. Glad to see my 3D is getting used I will be working on a newer version that has the GoD features as I get time. After I post it feel free to use it in your UI.

Dastinar Elanthian
Dastinar is offline   Reply With Quote