Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > Help ! ? ! ?
User Name
Password

Old 05-28-2004, 04:38 PM   #1
zefkin
A Gray Wolf

Send a message via AIM to zefkin
Default AYA UI help please!

hi.

i believe i am in need of some AYA assistance! n_n

i downloaded AYA653.zip and followed the installation instructions accurately i believe. i was a tad confused when i got to step 4 when i had to rename the UI_Charectername_Server.ini file i named it UI_Zefkin_Solusek since i read another post stating that it works just fine without the actual code of your server.. i copied this .ini file to Everquests directory folder and it said that the file already existed so i overwrote it? was this my flaw? >< all the unzipped files are in C:\Everquest\uifiles\AYA not any sub-folders or anything.. so i can get to the charecter selection screne and select my charecter then go to load the world.. but right before it finishes loading the game crashes along with a message stating Virtual memory low and what not.. this never happened before i installed AYA.. but i have no way of switching back to my default skin and checking to see if the problem is EQ or AYA i am so confused >< please help me. i'd really love to use this AYA skin.. it's beautiful ^^

thanks for your help!

Last edited by zefkin : 05-28-2004 at 06:16 PM.
zefkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2004, 05:50 PM   #2
Wolvig
A Shissar Disciple

Go it your EQ folder and find that ini. file and add a number to the end this will keep the program from reading the file and the default will load. At least then you can see if it was the UI that crashed your system. This is what i usually do to keep from losing my original files if something like this happens.And it has. Since you overwrote this file without backing it up its pretty much gone now.

Hope this helps
Wolvig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2004, 06:15 PM   #3
zefkin
A Gray Wolf

Send a message via AIM to zefkin

k i deleted the UI_Zefkin_Solusek.ini file.. it actually lets me play now.. but no skin.. so i went to options and tried to Load UI Skin and went to AYA and after a few moments it crashed.. i got one of these..

UIErrorLog created at Fri May 28 19:09:13 2004
[Fri May 28 19:09:14 2004] Warning: file SIDL.xml not found in directory UIFiles\AYA\. Attempting to use file from Default skin.
[Fri May 28 19:09:17 2004] Warning: file EQUI_CharacterSelect.xml not found in directory UIFiles\AYA\. Attempting to use file from Default skin.
[Fri May 28 19:09:17 2004] Warning: file EQUI_FacePick.xml not found in directory UIFiles\AYA\. Attempting to use file from Default skin.
[Fri May 28 19:09:18 2004] Warning: file EQUI_ItemDisplay.xml not found in directory UIFiles\AYA\. Attempting to use file from Default skin.
[Fri May 28 19:09:18 2004] Warning: file EQUI_NoteWindow.xml not found in directory UIFiles\AYA\. Attempting to use file from Default skin.
[Fri May 28 19:09:18 2004]
[Fri May 28 19:09:18 2004] Error reading XML.
[Fri May 28 19:09:18 2004] Error loading skin: loading default skin instead.
[Fri May 28 19:09:18 2004]
[Fri May 28 19:09:18 2004] Error reading XML.

not quite sure what to make of that i guess i should just stick with default settings.. suck though AYA skin looks way smooth ;P

(when loading a skin like that should i click off 'keep your layout"? or does it matter)

thanks!
zefkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2004, 01:35 PM   #4
daelic65
A Bat

i also am having problems with this skin i can get into the game and goto /loadskin but i get no aya choice at all i can load the skin.... please help

Daelic
daelic65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2004, 02:54 PM   #5
danny91643
A Lost Soul

Server: Zek
Default Re: AYA UI help please!

Quote:
Originally posted by zefkin
hi.

i believe i am in need of some AYA assistance! n_n

i downloaded AYA653.zip and followed the installation instructions accurately i believe. i was a tad confused when i got to step 4 when i had to rename the UI_Charectername_Server.ini file i named it UI_Zefkin_Solusek since i read another post stating that it works just fine without the actual code of your server.. i copied this .ini file to Everquests directory folder and it said that the file already existed so i overwrote it? was this my flaw? >< all the unzipped files are in C:\Everquest\uifiles\AYA not any sub-folders or anything.. so i can get to the charecter selection screne and select my charecter then go to load the world.. but right before it finishes loading the game crashes along with a message stating Virtual memory low and what not.. this never happened before i installed AYA.. but i have no way of switching back to my default skin and checking to see if the problem is EQ or AYA i am so confused >< please help me. i'd really love to use this AYA skin.. it's beautiful ^^

thanks for your help!

If you are trying to use AYA 653 that is the problem. That is an old version and I am sure Kanon no longer supports that version.