Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Developer Discussion > Interface Wish List
User Name
Password

Old 08-05-2002, 03:04 PM   #1
UniDyne
A Tundra Mammoth

Server: Veeshan
Default GroupBox Widget

A GroupBox widget needs to be added to SIDL to "group" other widgets into one unit. This would become a container class similar to the Page widget.

Let's say that we have such a widget. We could place all of the Labels used to make the stats in the inventory screen inside an instance of GroupBox. If at some point we wanted to rearrange the inventory, we could simply move the GroupBox to change the position of the stats, rather than change the coordinates for each label.

Conversely, once a GroupBox and its contents have been defined, the code could simply be copied and pasted into another window if a user needed the same information and layout in a different place. The user would only need to change the position of the GroupBox in the new window.
UniDyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2002, 03:27 PM   #2
arantius
A Crystal Gargoyle

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

A little nice, but mostly wasted code. Look at the long term and you'll see that you don't really change your XML code all that often.
Old 08-13-2002, 01:51 AM   #3
Sylphan
A Predatory Creeper

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

I believe there already is one.

The merchant window works sort of like that. The merchant window contains a subwindow with its own border, scrollbar, and contents. The subwindow contains the 30 inventory pieces.

I've modified my merchant window two have two subwindows without scrollbars instead of one subwindow. I suspect you could group window pieces in the inventory window in the same way.
Sylphan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2002, 05:11 AM   #4
Wolfran
A Tundra Mammoth

Aye...this does exist. Basically make a <Screen item> and place it within another <Screen item>. The example of the merchant window was given. Hence why there are location tags within <Screen items>. These work when the screen item is places within another <screen item>, but don't work on the screen itself (Because the UI_<char>_<server#>.ini file overwrites it.

Or something like that.
Old 08-17-2002, 04:14 PM   #5
UniDyne
A Tundra Mammoth

Server: Veeshan
Thumbs up

Cool! I had never tried nesting screen items before.
UniDyne is offline   Reply With Quote