Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > Request
User Name
Password

Old 07-27-2002, 02:08 PM   #1
Bramblee
A Fire Beetle

Server: The Rathe
Send a message via ICQ to Bramblee Send a message via AIM to Bramblee Send a message via Yahoo to Bramblee
Lightbulb Request for Complete set Large Font UI for Sight Challenged Players

We have a member in our guild that has failing eyesite. He cannot use the new UI because of the size of the font. It would be so wonderful if someone would develop a set with large font size for ppl with this disability.

Thank you!!
Noxe Level 13 Rogue<
"If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day, so I never have to live without you."
Winnie the Pooh
Bramblee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2002, 02:15 PM   #2
psychogears
A Shissar Disciple

Server: Xev
Send a message via ICQ to psychogears Send a message via AIM to psychogears Send a message via Yahoo to psychogears

How big is his screen? I made a UI that was just for me to fool around with the new SIDL which had big HP and Mana gauges (updated art inspired by Devil May Cry). I was thinking of scrapping it, but I could go all the way and make thicker gauges and bigger fonts... althought it would take some time for me to do it by myself. here's a picture sample http://www.bol.ucla.edu/~tolaes/interface1.gif

If you like, I could go ahead and complete this UI skin.

-TJ

of Xev
psychogears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2002, 02:26 PM   #3
Bramblee
A Fire Beetle

Send a message via ICQ to Bramblee Send a message via AIM to Bramblee Send a message via Yahoo to Bramblee

He uses 800 x 600. He has a hard time reading the font in messages and reading what things are. He can change the chat to 5 and that helps but it's still hard to read. Any help would be appreciated. He is such a great person. When he has all the windows open at 800x600 he can't see anything on his screen but the bars. So I'm not sure how to go about it. I can get him on here later he can probably explain better. Maybe this gives you an idea.
His biggest problem is the font size..

<<I looked at all of those but none fix my basic problem. I will make due with the lowest resolution settings untill they code the option to fix font sizes in each window. >>

Bramblee

Last edited by Bramblee : 07-27-2002 at 02:33 PM.
Old 07-27-2002, 03:04 PM   #4
psychogears
A Shissar Disciple

Server: Xev
Send a message via ICQ to psychogears Send a message via AIM to psychogears Send a message via Yahoo to psychogears

Not sure how big chat font 5 is. It would help if he took a screenshot of what his setup looks like the way it is now and posted that up, then proceeded to say what he needs enlarged and what he has trouble seeing still.

-TJ
psychogears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2002, 04:29 PM   #5
buzweaver
A Shissar Disciple

Server: Bertoxxulous
Send a message via AIM to buzweaver

A friend of mine was complaining about the Font size of his Hot Box, this was after he downloaded the new Large Hot Box, geez, not sure how big he'd want his Hot Box.

Retired
BuzzFelinous (26 Bard)
BuzzVar(40 Shaman)
BuzzSilverThor (68 Storm Warder )
buzweaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2002, 08:05 PM   #6
Bramblee
A Fire Beetle

Ok. I'll get him to do that. Thanks so much for your help guys.

Bram
Old 07-27-2002, 09:54 PM   #7
Geddine
A Wooly Rhino

Server: Morell-Thule
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

All text in the new UI has a default of size 3.

Not sure how good his coding is but he could go into each file in the uidirectory (after he makes a copy of default and renames it)
He'll notice under each item which contains text this line
<!-- <Font>3</Font> -->
So verant have the line there they have just commented it out. Just change the line to
<Font>5</Font>

The only problem I can foresee is that the positioning of certain items relys on the smaller text. Oh and things like the hotbuttons have adjustable sizing depending on the amount of text in them.
Old 07-29-2002, 06:20 AM   #8
Balezamon
A Bat

Smile Fonts and Icon sizes in New UI

While it is very sweet of Bramblee to have come here asking for help for me, it wasn't necessary Bramb.

For me the 640 by 480 screen resolution makes every Icon and font size readable to me with a chat font of 4. This resolution however if you know doesn't allow a whole lot of screen left over for actual combat and seeing the world, but it is doable.

All I was whining about to my guild was the 800 by 600 resolution is much better for seeing the world but the box sizes and fonts/icons get so small at that resolution, I almost have to put my nose on the monitor to see it. Not a good way to play EQ mind you.

Thanks for the suggestion about the UI files I will look at them and see if I can change the defaults myself.

Benibinik Qanuk
52 Vicar of Brell
Balezamon is offline   Reply With Quote