Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Developer Discussion > Graphics modification help.
User Name
Password

Old 09-23-2002, 03:44 PM   #1
Rolleo
A Snow Griffin

Default problem editing window_piece01

Here is a before and after view of the problem. I am trying to change the recessed box image which is stored in the window_piece01.tga file. Anyway, what i'm doing is creating a 41x41 image the way I want it, and super-imposing it over the image emedded in the window_piece01.tga. The problem is, after I save the window_piece.tga file into my custom directory, and re-view the part I altered is corrupted, as seen below.

Anyone have a clue what the problem is? I noticed, when viewing the properties of the default file, that there is a mask saved to the file, but I can't figure out what it would be. I'm not changing any area the would have a transparency, i'm taking up the exact same space the normal image does. /boggle

The left image is how it is supposed to look, the right image is how it looks after I save it.

Rolleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2002, 05:40 PM   #2
Rolleo
A Snow Griffin

nevermind, I figured it out.
Old 09-24-2002, 01:12 AM   #3
Iluvatar
A Shissar Disciple

Server: Solusek Ro

Quote:
Originally posted by Rolleo
nevermind, I figured it out.

Share your wisdom with us, then, so that we don't make the same mistakes...
Old 09-24-2002, 03:05 AM   #4
Rolleo
A Snow Griffin

Oh, sorry. hehe

I forgot that once you touch the window_pieces they lose thier mask/transparency/alpha flag. So, once you make your change to the individual item (in this case, the recessed box) within the image map, you need to redo the transparency/mask/alpha channel (whatever you want to call it) for that particular window_piece.tga

In my case, what I had to do was select the black background, invert the selection, and save it as the Alpha channel. Then just save it as the normal 24bit compressed .tga as you would for anything else.