Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > General UI Talk
User Name
Password

Old 03-13-2006, 11:09 AM   #1
Dastinar
A Ghoul

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default 3D Target Indicator

I am planning on updating the Elanthian Ring of Power target indicator I made a while back and wanted to find out if any major changes have been implemented by Sony on the Target Indicator since the GoD release. I am very tight on time atm and did look around the forums but have not seen any info. If there have been changes since GoD please let me know so I can implement them. Thanks again.

Dastinar
Dastinar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 12:27 PM   #2
Tegerian
A Ghoul

Server: Bertox

Still the same as far as I know.
Old 09-19-2006, 02:22 AM   #3
Saathy
A Bat

Server: karana
Question Elanthian Ring Of Power update for SS?

hI, Was wondering if you are planning to update the Elanthian Ring Of Power Target mod for SS expansion. I really love this ring, but the new con color changes from SS just killed it
Saathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 06:01 AM   #4
Tiane
A Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saathy
hI, Was wondering if you are planning to update the Elanthian Ring Of Power Target mod for SS expansion. I really love this ring, but the new con color changes from SS just killed it

I'm not sure if he is updating it or not, but I hate when my UI pieces break so I went ahead and updated it. Just finished uploading it here:

http://www.eqinterface.com/download....php?s=&id=4877

Dastinar if you DO come back and update yours, I'll just remove my version. 8)

Last edited by Tiane : 09-20-2006 at 06:21 AM.
Tiane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 08:45 AM   #5
Dastinar
A Ghoul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiane
I'm not sure if he is updating it or not, but I hate when my UI pieces break so I went ahead and updated it. Just finished uploading it here:

http://www.eqinterface.com/download....php?s=&id=4877

Dastinar if you DO come back and update yours, I'll just remove my version. 8)

It will be online in the next day or so
Old 09-21-2006, 05:21 PM   #6
Tiane
A Hill Giant

Cool beans. I wasnt really happy with the "Grey con" version I quickly whipped up. I have the same problem so many others have complained about, I find that the grey and white look way too similar.

I thought about maybe making one of the rings in your targeting circle light green with the others grey to sorta remind you what the con was, and to differentiate it from the white circle even more.

Anyways, just a suggestion. Look forward to your update.
Old 09-21-2006, 05:27 PM   #7
Inokis
Pale Scrawny Guy

Server: Bristlebane // Erollisi Marr
Send a message via Yahoo to Inokis

I don't know when this started happening, but text is inverted. If you use the vertical left edge of the TGA, you have to flip horizontally any text or else it will read backwards.
Old 09-22-2006, 04:31 PM   #8
Dastinar
A Ghoul

Quote:
Cool beans. I wasnt really happy with the "Grey con" version I quickly whipped up. I have the same problem so many others have complained about, I find that the grey and white look way too similar.

I thought about maybe making one of the rings in your targeting circle light green with the others grey to sorta remind you what the con was, and to differentiate it from the white circle even more.

Anyways, just a suggestion. Look forward to your update.

Updates are finished and I just need to do some testing in the next hour or so to make sure all is working well. So expect to see the update tonight. I also updated the static version (ERoC) and will update that as well.

As far as con colors go the grey I used is clearly different than the white con images but we will have to see how it looks in game. Since a lot of people don't like how the con colors are now I decided to make 3 color schemes. One uses the new EQ scheme and the other two are based off of the traditional color scheme. Hope you like at least one of them. I gotta see how they look in game before I upload the file.
Old 09-22-2006, 08:41 PM   #9
Dastinar
A Ghoul

The update is now available. I've tested the 3 color schemes and it looks like the 2nd or 3rd work nice. The grey on the first one does look a lot like the grey. The second uses a blue violet for the dark blue color and blue, light blue, and green. The third uses green and 2 shades of light blue and dark blue. Lemme know what you think.
Old 09-23-2006, 05:43 AM   #10
Tiane
A Hill Giant

Its good. I still think that a light green ring along with the dark grey may help with identifying the target from a distance.

My only complaint has nothing to do with your target ring.. but that changing target ring colours doesnt change the colours in the target box. That's Sony's fault. There are only so many primary colours, and some are indistinguishable to many people. They need to hire an aestheticist or something cuz they really have no clue.

I hate when they try to do too many things in one patch, and mess every single thing they tried to fix up.

Anyways, thanks for the update Dastinar. I had my update mod removed.
Old 09-23-2006, 07:23 AM   #11
xaraith
A Gray Wolf

awesome, i have the erop also, and have been avoiding the attempts to edit it myself. thx very much dastinar
xaraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 12:22 PM   #12
akenta
Warrior of Qeynos

Quote:
Its good. I still think that a light green ring along with the dark grey may help with identifying the target from a distance.

My only complaint has nothing to do with your target ring.. but that changing target ring colours doesnt change the colours in the target box. That's Sony's fault. There are only so many primary colours, and some are indistinguishable to many people. They need to hire an aestheticist or something cuz they really have no clue.

So does this mean it's impossible to change the color in the target windows? I finally changed the color of the rings so I can see close up what color mob is hitting me, but from a distance I have to rely on the window and I still can't see the difference between gray and white
akenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 12:46 PM   #13
Webslinger
A Treant

Can someone post a link to the download please. I'm using "Elanthian" to search downloads, but I can't find it anywhere.
Webslinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 12:50 PM   #14
Dastinar
A Ghoul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webslinger
Can someone post a link to the download please. I'm using "Elanthian" to search downloads, but I can't find it anywhere.

Hmmm very odd it's been taken offline for some reason. will re upload it now.