Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Developer Discussion > XML modification help.
User Name
Password

Old 08-13-2002, 01:21 PM   #16
oakwood
A Ghoul

Ok, I am still confused.

I am using the Geddine target, and a modified version of Wylem's Melee Compact player info (ac & atk replaced with xp %)

I want the autoattack indicator on the target window.

What i understand so far:
switch the file names of player and target window
add something about pet_hp to the new target window (now named PlayerWindow)

What I am not understanding:
what exactly about the pet_hp do i need to add to the new target window (now named PlayerWindow)

Thanks
oakwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2002, 04:44 PM   #17
Morturi
A Ghoul

Server: Druzzil Ro
Send a message via ICQ to Morturi Send a message via AIM to Morturi Send a message via Yahoo to Morturi

Quote:
Pet_HP is tied to the PlayerWindow. It *must* exist in the <Pieces> in the Player Window.

I totaly removed all the pet hp information out of my player window, and it works great, but would that be why i get an error in eq when zoning only?

ill try it now and answer my own question.
Morturi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2002, 12:57 AM   #18
Stryhf
A Gray Wolf

I swapped the contents of Player Window with target window.

One thing I did to make it more visible is I "stretched" the Target_HP gauge within Player window, and center it on my screen above my chat windows. Makes it a little easier to see when it's blinking, the location is more centralized. It also prevents the smooshed look on long Mob names.

You don't need Pet_HP gauge to get the modified skin to work... it'll just complain every time you log in and zone that your files are not correct (but at least it won't crash). I have actually found it useful to have Pet HP gauge as a thin line under my target's HP bar.

Also if you end up combining the contents of the Player data with the Group Data in the Group window (does that sound confusing yet?), you can free up the Target Window for something else, like Arista's Timers.

That way you can think Alt-P for Party (including yourself) and Alt-T for Timer's window.
Stryhf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2002, 01:35 PM   #19
marcin
A Snow Griffin

Server: Bertoxxulous
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Quote:
I totaly removed all the pet hp information out of my player window

Any time you totally remove anything that is checked for from a window you will get that red message that tells you that your UI isn't compatable even though it will still load it up. This is very sloppy coding, I see too many people doing this.

If you wish to remove an element just size and location it to 0,0, as VI still checks for many of the pieces in order to load certain windows even though they don't have to be displayed.