Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Interface Gallery Discussion > Released
User Name
Password

Old 12-23-2003, 08:02 AM   #31
Drunder40
A Ghoul

Yea I have never seen it either .. Really weird. As for the missing "Yes" and "No" on rezz windows or when Looting "No Drop" items, I had the same problem about a month ago with this UI and the Default. I was taking some time looking for a new UI and did alot of replacing files from other UI's and figured I screwed things up. Even after copying over all files in the Custom UI dir with the orig files that I know worked, was still missing the Yes and No (Default UI included). I reloaded EQ completely and no change

I wiped and formatted the HDD (Ah what the heck. It had been atleast been 6 months since last wipe/format), reloaded/patched the OS and re-installed/patched EQ and things were back to normal. Reloaded this UI and again all was good. Really freakin weird..

Thanks for the reply!!
Drunder40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2003, 12:23 PM   #32
Fozzik
A Shissar Defiler

Server: Solusek Ro
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

I'm pretty sure I've pinned down the problem of the laggy inventory. Post here if you are still having the problem... and tell me if your char is a wizard. =)
Fozzik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2003, 05:55 PM   #33
mulluane
A Snow Cougar

Server: drinal
Default attack indicator missing

For some reason my attack indicator is gone, any ideas
mulluane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2003, 07:45 PM   #34
Fozzik
A Shissar Defiler

What UI are you using exactly?
Old 12-30-2003, 09:14 PM   #35
mulluane
A Snow Cougar

Server: drinal

infiniti2 on the patch fix it said to add the attack indicator files into the playerwindow file, but infiniti2 has 2 player window files, normal and melee, I tried fixing just normal, both normal and melee, adding a straight playerwindow file. It either did not work or crashed me at character select. Only error I get in the log is

[Tue Dec 30 19:07:12 2003] Error: Could not find child A_TargetBoxStaticAnim in window TargetWindow
mulluane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2003, 06:48 AM   #36
Fozzik
A Shissar Defiler

Infinity2 actually contains three player window files.
These two files are not used:

EQUI_Playerwindow-normal.xml
EQUI_Playerwindow-melee.xml

The only one the game actually reads is:

EQUI_Playerwindow.xml

Make sure you make all the changes in the patch thread pertaining to the player window to that file (EQUI_Playerwindow.xml) and see if it works.
Old 01-04-2004, 03:44 PM   #37
hooped02
A Fire Beetle

Thumbs up Infiniti2 v2.8

First off, I love the UI. I've tried a bunch and this is definitely the best.

I have a suggestion/request regarding the target window though. I kinda bastardized mine to make the con color show up and it works, but isn't as pretty as the original. Also, I saw on another UI (Delta3_Spaghetti I believe) where they had the HP of the target in the window. I thought these two things would make your UI even better.

Thanks.
hooped02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2004, 09:15 AM   #38
hxj007cnss
A Bat

Default ?

Which is better ?
hxj007cnss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2004, 05:55 PM   #39
pangaea
A Gray Wolf

Server: Saryrn
Default UI button bugs

Okay, I am hoping this will help some of you, this is what I was told to do by EQ tech support to fix bugs with buttons. My specific bug was not being able to click on the "Skills" button on only one of my characters and go to skills page. Basically the "skills" page was bugged. Soo....here's the fix...

From your EQ directory...
Delete the "uifiles" folder
Delete eqclient.ini
Delete eqgfx_dx8.dll
Do a search for UI*.ini - and delete those files

Notice, you delete your uifiles directory so you will have to redownload your UI's. My guess...is that if you create a character after having installed custom UI's it bugs your new characters, as those were the only characters that had any problem for me. Hope that helps.

Oh and I absolutely LOVE the infinit2_8 UI : ) though I wish there was a way you could put a line around the spell windows and song windows to resize them without having to switch out of the UI.
Later folks : )

Pangaea
55 Dark Necro of Saryrn
Arthor
47 Dwarven Cleric of Saryrn

Arthor
Dwarven Cleric of Saryrn
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=778424
pangaea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2004, 06:47 PM   #40
Lueamdar

Server: Tunare

There is another fix for windows not coming up, like the Skills window...etc.

If you look in your UI_charname_server.ini under the different [headings] you will see positions for different resolutions you have used.

For example, if you are running in 1280 x 1024, and your skills window isn't showing up, under the heading [SkillsWindow] you would see 2 lines like:

XPos1280x1024=0
YPos1280x1024=0

If they are 0 (zero) then that should be the problem.

Change these 2 values to something like 100, save the .ini file, and log your character back on. You should now be able to see your Skills window pop up, and then move it to where you like.

This was a fix for me about a week ago, so I thought I would add it in.

Hopefully it helps someone out.
Columbus. But remember, they also laughed at Bozo the Clown."
Lueamdar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2004, 09:01 PM   #41
Fozzik
A Shissar Defiler

I saw on the tech support forums that the fix Lueamdar posted works for most people. The patch in the middle of december caused the skills window to be resized to 0,0 for some reason.
The lines you want are just below the ones Lueamdar mentioned. Search the ui_character_server.ini and find this section:

[SkillsWindow]
XPos1024x768=0
YPos1024x768=0
Width=0
Height=0

The first two lines are position. If they are set to 0,0 it just means the skills window will be in the upper left corner of the screen. The second two lines are size... if they say 0,0... change it to something like:

Width=300
Height=300

And then log in and resize the skills window however you like.
Old 01-08-2004, 11:34 AM   #42
az4x4n
A Ghoul

Default yes/no buttons

I'm glad to know I wasn't the only one exeriencing missing yes/no buttons on rez/teleorts, etc..

My experience with the first missing yes/no button was on a mass Teleport out of chardok after doing the Overking... whole raid teleported out and there I was ... the lone ranger in chardok LOL good thing I'm a ranger and used to dying

I petitioned and the GM said "never heard of it, sorry" well... after deleting ALL my UIs and repatching... still bugged... and after pulling my hair out... I finally decided to delete all files having anything to do with my character's name.. and voila all fixed.
Old 01-11-2004, 01:41 AM   #43
Brimstone
A Gray Wolf

Default Concerning Infiniti 2

Quite a nice UI indeed. Only one problem. After I open up a new chat box, I can't find a way to close it down again. Any help on this subject please?
Brimstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2004, 02:08 PM   #44
Drunder40
A Ghoul

Quote:
Originally posted by Fozzik
I'm pretty sure I've pinned down the problem of the laggy inventory. Post here if you are still having the problem... and tell me if your char is a wizard. =)

Yes I am a Wizard and am having the lag problem (As I stated earlier) when the Inventory window opens. I am gonna install the latest version of the UI tonite.

Thanks and again Very impressive UI =)
Old 02-03-2004, 06:57 AM   #45
Drunder40
A Ghoul

I installed the latest Infinitymix.zip dated 1-20-2004 and I still get Lag when the Inventory window is up. It doesnt happen all the time but does occasionally. After about a minute the lag stops. My character is Wizard as stated earlier.

Just letting you know.

Other than that, Love this UI!!