Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > Chit Chat
User Name
Password

Old 10-17-2003, 07:40 AM   #31
Ellyana
a_HappyEQCustomer_01

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

wow I cant believe people are getting so upset over SENSE HEADING lol Whats the big deal? Just look at it this way.. now any alts you create wont have to go through the same hassle.
I think the changes are great!
Old 10-17-2003, 08:08 AM   #32
Margrave
A Shissar Disciple

I can see people getting upset over the sense heading skill issue, alot of people, myself included, have spent alot of time working that up to a good level to use, and on more than one character as well. Although, I do think it is a good change, as long as they set everyone to that level and not just new characters. It would be nice if SOE would give something to characters that already have a 200 skill in that, but knowing them I don't expect them too.
Margrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2003, 08:14 AM   #33
Taleisin

that new conning system with the con border around the target window is going to suck... think I'll find a way to disable it in Lunix.
Old 10-17-2003, 08:33 AM   #34
LiamLee
An Icepaw Kobold

Server: Mithaniel Marr

Now that some people have said that the new CONSIDER feature looks terrible around the target window I really (repeat really) hope that SOE makes it a gauge, an EQ Type or something else that can be moved around inside the window or moved to another window (like the player window, see earlier post in this thread). It could be that the color of the target's text name, the color of the target's hp gauge or a little square (or circle) by the target's name would all be good ideas for this feature.

LiamLee
LiamLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2003, 08:44 AM   #35
Ellyana
a_HappyEQCustomer_01

I think they should combine the new "Targeting circle" that helps you identify which mob you have trageted with the /con. make the circle that surrounds the target also be the con color.

?

Last edited by Ellyana : 10-17-2003 at 09:10 AM.
Ellyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2003, 08:45 AM   #36
Taleisin

I'd move to test just to check this stuff out.. but patching test on a 33.3 connection sucks all to hell
Old 10-17-2003, 09:17 AM   #37
Fozzik
A Shissar Defiler

Server: Solusek Ro

I was just playing around on test...

The con box is indeed horrible. I tried it with several different mods and it's going to make quite a few of them very hard to live with. We can only pray they add it to the xml so it can be moved and resized... or something. I like the idea of the target name... maybe if nothing else put a 1 pixel box around the target name.

I tried out all the fonts I have on my computer.. it doesn't actually reload the UI, just all the fonts change. I'm not sure how it's done. A lot of the fonts on my computer ( I have tons) defaulted back to arial. It looks like most fonts that are to far from normal text will default back. It shows the name of the font you picked as the current font, but all the text on the screen stays in arial. The difference between size 4 and 5 in the chat windows is still just as huge with most fonts... it's like fontsize 4 is 8 point and fontsize 5 is 20 point or something. =(
Fozzik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2003, 10:36 AM   #38
Margrave
A Shissar Disciple

Yeah I dont like the idea of the border around the target window at all either, the target name or the target circle sounds like they could work well if done right.
Old 10-17-2003, 10:37 AM   #39
forry
Enhanced Imperial Golem

Server: Tarew Marr

I have to agree with everyone else on the target con box...it doesn't look pretty! Here is a screenshot of what it looks like with the forry 3.1 ui.

added attachment to message body as image--- Kudane

Last edited by Kudane : 10-17-2003 at 05:28 PM.
forry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2003, 10:46 AM   #40
Margrave
A Shissar Disciple

Yup, that's bad alright.
Old 10-17-2003, 12:11 PM   #41
LiamLee
An Icepaw Kobold

I think Ellyana has the best idea of combining the features of the targeting circle with color of the CONSIDER feature. This way it wouldn't be involved in any window just a feature of the game as targeting is now. Just my 2 cp's worth.

LiamLee
Old 10-17-2003, 02:13 PM   #42
Teddyboy420
A Snow Cougar

Server: Firiona Vie

The idea to combine the "con" color and target circle is how it works in EQoA. WHen you target something a colored circle appears on what you have targeted, and the color of the circle is the "con" color
4:20

Last edited by Teddyboy420 : 10-17-2003 at 02:20 PM.
Teddyboy420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2003, 02:51 PM   #43
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Now that I can be completely subjective (ie I'm speaking for myself here) ...

The "con" border around the targetting window is ugly ugly ugly and is going to completely destroy the appearance of many custom UIs. Also, make it or the red flashing "attack border" movable. I want them on the same window. Consider how many folks have completely swapped the player and the target windows, in order to have the flashing border around the "target".

In all practicality though, I too like the idea of the mob's name being the color it cons. I think that would be a much better implimentation of it.

As for the targetting circle ... what targetting circle? Has it not been implimented on Test yet, or am I just not seeing it? Because I certainly don't see it.

I'd also love to see them impliment the ability to change the font size. It's nice that we can now pick and choose whatever font we want from what is installed on our computer, but give us the ability to scale them, too.

Co-Founder & Admin: MMOUI
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group

Last edited by Cairenn : 10-17-2003 at 02:59 PM.
Cairenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2003, 03:02 PM   #44
Ellyana
a_HappyEQCustomer_01

Cairenn-

Quote:
Targeting - Sometimes it can be difficult to tell which NPC you have targeted. With the next update we hope to add a targeting indicator of some sort (something like the ring that surrounds your target in EQOA). The exact form hasn't been decided, but the goal is to make seeing what you currently have targeted much easier.

my suggestion (and I have done feedback on it) was to combine the
Quote:
ring that surrounds your target
with /con making the ring be the color of the /con. So that the /con of the mob appears around the target instead of around the target window.

Last edited by Ellyana : 10-17-2003 at 03:30 PM.
Ellyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2003, 03:24 PM   #45
LiamLee
An Icepaw Kobold

If the unfortunate happens and they leave the /con feature as it is on test then I have an idea for those of us that have our target info in another window. Make the target window transparent and size it down to 1x1 pixels and move the target window next to where the target info is in the UI. When something is targeted then a small box should (Mind you I have not tested this) appear next to the target info. I still like Ellyana's idea better but I think this might work if it stays as it is now on test.