Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > Help ! ? ! ?
User Name
Password

Old 11-06-2003, 10:39 AM   #31
Sanaelya
A Bat

Send a message via Yahoo to Sanaelya

im having the exact same problem, tried everything multiple times, default ui custom ui changing settings in eqclient.ini enabled in options everything, still no targetting indicator
Old 11-06-2003, 11:20 AM   #32
Mckenna
A Hill Giant

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Quote:
Forry, did you remove the <TextureInfo Item ="Targetbox.tga"> back out of the Animations file and put it in the Target window?

One of my UI's has a custom animation file. I did a search in my custom UI Animations file and Targetwindow file and couldn't find this line there. The only place I have found this line is in the default Targetwindow file. What exactly should I be doing? I need to update more than one UI and so far I only have the 3d ring on both.

*edit*

Ok, I researched again. It's very odd. I just put in "targetbox" to lessen the search and not one line with that text included in it is in either custom UI. Again, the only place I see that text used at all is in the default TargetWindow files. It would lead me to believe I'm missing a huge portion of code from my custom UI's to get the targetbar coloring function.

Any idea's?

Kenna~

Last edited by Mckenna : 11-06-2003 at 11:45 AM.
Mckenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2003, 11:51 AM   #33
kabbus
A Snow Cougar

Quote:
Originally posted by forry
I'm having some touble of my own, but its different from most of these above. I am able to get the target ring around the MOB to appear by copying the 2 needed files into my custom UI folders. The problem that I'm currently trying to fix is the color that appears in the target window itself...its not showing up on my interface. If I load the default UI, its there, but my personal UI won't show.

My target window wasn't working either (but the target circle does work).

I copied the two files mentioned on the main news page of this website, but that didn't fix my target window. I finally got it working by copying over one more file named "EQUI_TargetWindow.xml"

Not sure if it will help your problem or not. Its working for me now, although for some reason I now have two target windows. Something in my custom UI file must have used some other window for its target window.

Personally I think the color coded target WINDOW is the best item in this patch. Its so much nicer than having to right click everything.
kabbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2003, 12:35 PM   #34
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Quote:
Originally posted by Mckenna
One of my UI's has a custom animation file. I did a search in my custom UI Animations file and Targetwindow file and couldn't find this line there. The only place I have found this line is in the default Targetwindow file. What exactly should I be doing? I need to update more than one UI and so far I only have the 3d ring on both.

*edit*

Ok, I researched again. It's very odd. I just put in "targetbox" to lessen the search and not one line with that text included in it is in either custom UI. Again, the only place I see that text used at all is in the default TargetWindow files. It would lead me to believe I'm missing a huge portion of code from my custom UI's to get the targetbar coloring function.

Any idea's?

Kenna~

Did you add it as per the info in the Patch Fixes thread for yesterday?

Co-Founder & Admin: MMOUI
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Cairenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2003, 12:41 PM   #35
Mckenna
A Hill Giant

Rofl!~

Bah, ok, I'm silly. I looked at that forum yesterday and the coding wasn't there yet, teehee! I didn't realize the post was unfinished, lol.

Thanks!
Mckenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2003, 01:34 PM   #36
Mutley
An Icepaw Kobold

Last night's patch seemed to do nothing for the target ring.

But I was experimenting more last night and noticed something weird. On the WinXP system at 1078x768, when I get very close to some mobs, their entire body seems to be very subtly "flashing" is the best way I can describe it. Textures are set to medium on this sytem, which might explain why it's not noticeable on the 800x600 system.

On some mobs, such as the Priest of Discord with a reddish center down the robe outlined in purple, the purple areas of the robe flash and it's very noticeable.

But you need to be standing immediately next to the mobs to see this. If you back off even a bit, it stops.

I'm still thinking it's coding for AMD chips possibly after noticing this.
Mutley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2003, 04:40 PM   #37
Mutley
An Icepaw Kobold

Fixed on one of my two systems. Read this in the Sony thread and tried it and it works for me on the WinXP system with a ti4600 card.

Add these 2 lines exactly as is to your eqclient.ini file:

UseTNL=1
Show3dTargetIndicator=1

You may not have either line or they might be set to 0 (off). Add them if they're missing.

My file had UseTNL set to 0, once I set it to 1, it worked.

This fix did not work on my other system with a SiS video chip onboard though.
Mutley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2003, 06:12 PM   #38
Fyste
Enhanced Imperial Golem

I've got two machines, one that's 198Meg ram and 3DFX video card, it's an OLD box... no target circle there no matter what I do. The other is my main box, 2Ghz AMD processor, 512Meg RAM, Radeon 7500 VE video card.

On the second box I get a target circle, but it's got a sharp edge, like a tight circle around myself... and when I turn slowly with myself targetted, I get these wierd flashing things around me.

Sony is saying it's ATI related... could well be AMD related, who knows. I'm gonna shut it off, until someone figures it out. It's pretty... but not THAT pretty.

I'd rather know if the neat color changing target window background can be used in other windows... for those of us that have the target name on a window that's NOT the target window ( ie: HotBox )

( My Interfaces ) ( RETIRED )
Fyste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2003, 09:17 PM   #39
andrX
A Snow Cougar

Default =(

After reading through all the threads I could find about this and trying every fix that was suggested I still can not get the 3D Ring to work for me either.
It won't work in my custom UI (Tablets_Future) or with the default.

andrX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2003, 07:22 AM   #40
dedara
A Hill Giant

if you dont get 3d targetring to showup, logout of EQ.
lookup texture.txt and open it to see where EQ tries to load the targetindictor files from.
copy the 2 targetindicator files from default to that folder and login to EQ again.

Sony made a big mistake with this, apperently the files only get loaded at startup of EQ, not when doing a loadskin or switching toons on your account. Neither do 2 files get loaded from default when missing in custom ui, like normal missing files do. In fact there are no reference to them in the animation.xml at all.

As the finishing touch, God created the dutch.
dedara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2003, 10:21 AM   #41
Qinadwen
An Executioner

Server: Venril Sathir

Quote:
Originally posted by dedara
if you dont get 3d targetring to showup, logout of EQ.
lookup texture.txt and open it to see where EQ tries to load the targetindictor files from.
copy the 2 targetindicator files from default to that folder and login to EQ again.

Sony made a big mistake with this, apperently the files only get loaded at startup of EQ, not when doing a loadskin or switching toons on your account. Neither do 2 files get loaded from default when missing in custom ui, like normal missing files do. In fact there are no reference to them in the animation.xml at all.

Great idea, but ... the file shows that EQ tries to load the indicator from my custom UI and the files are present, but still no indicator. I will try copying a little back and forth and see if it helps.

Baron Qinadwen Loreseeker, Koada'Dal Conjurer of the 56th plane.

Thomas Jefferson:
"Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have ... The course of history shows that as a government grows, liberty decreases."
Qinadwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2003, 10:55 AM   #42
Orpington2019
A Shissar Disciple

Red face texture.txt

[Fri Nov 07 01:47:40 2003]00097:_t3dLoadBMInfo: unable to load "UIFiles\Default\Character.tga" (not found)

This is the message that my texture.txt is showing...I don't have a Character.tga anywhere on my puter...am I missing this file for some reason? If I am could someone please post it for me? thanks...

-Orpington

Last edited by Orpington2019 : 11-07-2003 at 11:07 AM.
Orpington2019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2003, 11:02 AM   #43
RonsterM
A Gray Wolf

Well, I've tried everything! I've copied the files to my custom UI folder. My texture.ini shows no errors. I've ensured that the option is turned ON. I've added the "tnl" statement to my EQCLIENT.INI.

Still no 3D Target Window. Bah! Any ideas, gang?

Thank you!
RonsterM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2003, 11:03 AM   #44
RonsterM
A Gray Wolf

BTW, doesn't work for character using the Default UI on my box either. I am using a supported vid card too.
RonsterM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2003, 11:14 AM   #45
Fyste
Enhanced Imperial Golem

Ok, texture.txt was a new one for me, so I went to look what's in there. Got a bunch of:

[Wed Nov 05 19:32:44 2003]00005:_t3dLoadBMInfo: unable to load "UIFiles\fyste\TargetIndicator.tga" (not found)

But I fixed that, ( copied the files ) so I figure those messages must be old. But my personal favorite was the last message:

[Wed Nov 05 19:33:35 2003]00006:_t3dLoadBMInfo: unable to load "" (not found)

What the heck do ya suppose THAT is?

I know... broke

Thanks for the tips!
Fyste is offline   Reply With Quote