Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Interface Gallery Discussion > Archive
User Name
Password

Old 08-20-2002, 09:22 PM   #31
Xadavus
A Ghoul

I am working on Sokol/Verts GUI as well , tweaking here and there, got many requests from my guild for change minor things.
But along the line few ideas came up that some may like it, some may not.

However I have a question. Has anyone been able to make the spellbook open without using the spellbook icon? Such as click over ClassAnime to open book, or any other button?

I know sounds strange or impossible, but it would make sokol/vert skin worth having with few tweaks i have in mind.

Xad

PS: Please let me know how to post pics up here, no i have no website.
Old 08-20-2002, 09:31 PM   #32
Existe
A Ghoul

A few things:

1) Anyone able to get Vert 1.1 to work with Thom Kings spell books properly?

His spell books and gems can be found here:

T. King Spell Books

When I add these to Vert UI, the book works its just the bottom left hand corner of spell book is inverted and edge graphics are not correct....just curious!

2) Possible to get the Hotbutton file with the following "slots" in order from top to bottom: Bracer, BP, Legs, Boots

Thanks for all your hard work on this mod it is incrediable!!

Existe
Old 08-20-2002, 10:38 PM   #33
Taefist
A Gray Wolf

Server: Drinal
Send a message via ICQ to Taefist
Thumbs up

Fantastique !! i love that Interface . Tank's alot for that link it's very nice

Thx alot .

Taefist kijutai
Monk 54 Fist

Drinal server

Last edited by Taefist : 08-20-2002 at 11:15 PM.
Old 08-21-2002, 12:45 AM   #34
Keben
A Gray Wolf

Server: Xegony
Send a message via ICQ to Keben Send a message via AIM to Keben
Default Spellbook/Misc

I am having the same problem with T.Kings spellbooks on Vert/Sokol UI Skin/Mod. It inverts it and infact the whole left side of the book is messed up, you can't even see the top-middle graphic.

Also I just wanted to mention that if Sokol and Vert team up.. I would be very excited as well. When I first saw Vert1, I knew I would be using it for a long time. The other UI mods/skins just can't compare with this, its just amazing, and the fact that it doesn't just change the background look, but actually changes the stat bars and all that, and the sizes and well.. its just sweet

I'll be watching you guys very closley, and as a druid, that canabis version of Vert will be great.
Old 08-21-2002, 05:36 AM   #35
Astrim
A Fire Beetle

Hiya, I'm trying to modify a player window but staring at all the code without really knowing what most of it does is giving me a headache. Are there any guides for beginners on how to change this stuff?

If anyone has some specific tips, I'll give my situation:

I'm a minimalist for the most part. Only need the basic info and I dont like a lot of clutter on the screen. I'm trying to modify Vert's Player Window so that hp/hpmax appears in the top right instead of the lower left. Nix the labels on the left side (f1, F, xp, aa). Add a full size air guage between stamina and xp, and have

AC <value left side> ATK <value center> WT(weight) <wt/wtMax right side> (Without brackets)

on the bottom of the window without the icons, and listed horizontally.

I think I am correct in assuming x.y is a coordinate position in pixels, but some of the values I saw didnt add up. the first position (player name) started at 16,-1 but if it starts at neg 1 it would be off the window? it doesnt show off the window in game.. the next value (hp guage) is at 3,12 but this doesnt entirely make sense in my mind since it's overlapping the line above it by 4 pixels.. The size of the player name section is CY=15 but that would also cause an overlap in my mind since the next item starts at 12.. I dunno. I'm prolly confusing myself more than helping, the answer is probably pretty simple but I'm not seeing it.

A simple guide would probably be the biggest help, or some pointers on how to accomplish the things I'm doing. Once I start to learn how it works I hope to make a complete interface, but it's gonna be a while if I cant figure out the first window I want to change. I read aboutSIDL.doc but that thing just confused me even more. And looking thru the posts here, most seem to be oretty specific with not a lot of general info for the xml-newbie.

Thanks for any help,

-Astrim
Old 08-21-2002, 05:42 AM   #36
Astrim
A Fire Beetle

Btw, I'm a monk so I dont need the mana/pet stuff in there, and my resolution is 1280x1024 if that helps any.

(couldnt edit my previous post for some reason)

Thanks again,

-Astrim
Old 08-21-2002, 08:42 AM   #37
Sokol

Server: Ayonae Ro
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Send a message via ICQ to Sokol Send a message via AIM to Sokol
Default Astrim

Ok, the player name is -1 because it's how do you say this LARGE, for it's space so by placing it at -1 it is where it needs to be. IE lets say it's 10x10 they whant the text name to be at 9 they make it -1 so this happens.

As for over laping, the SIZE of a text field determines the size of the text, so while it would over lap if the field was full, it is usualy only afew letters, so this never happens.

Hope this helps a little.

-Sokol
Old 08-21-2002, 10:49 AM   #38
Kazzim
A Gray Wolf

I like the mod very much and I apprieciate the time both Sokol and Vert have spent on it. If someone has time, I would very much like to get a copy of just the gauges and the spell cast window so that I can use them in for my Mod. I would use the entire Vert Mod, but it seems to put some strain on my week comp and slows down framerate a bit.

Thanks for any assistance,
Kazzim
Old 08-21-2002, 04:34 PM   #39
JeckDanniels
A Bat

Send a message via ICQ to JeckDanniels

you Vert mod just rocks !!

like Asadd already mentioned, and since im a wiz too, i use robe and primary slot often .. as well as leg slot. I like the hotkeys with 4 or 8 inventory slots and maybe add to the right of that the slots : chest, primary , legs ,and maybe if it doesnt make much work ( only then ) a feet slot ...

and maybe the hitpoint counter in the playerwindow file could be done in a bit more larger font ? that would be awsome

the rest of that mod is perfect imo

Jeck Danniels
60 wiz
Antonius-Bayle

email: [email protected]
Old 08-21-2002, 05:40 PM   #40
Grippo
A Gray Wolf

Default Vert with Tking

I use a mix of both The Vert UI and the Tking icons and books. I have fixed the books to work with this mod. Both the Tking books and Remelio's condensed versions. It just took a small modification of the Animations file.

If you want a copy of the animation file I use PM me and I will send it to your email address since we can't download anything here.
Old 08-21-2002, 06:54 PM   #41
Existe
A Ghoul

One more requested modification if I can? =P

My alt is a necro...so is it possible to change the hotbutton file to simple replace the inventory and item quick slots with the Pet window (alt F1) ?? That would be very nice if it can be done!

Thanks a million, hope the DL start to work again soon! =P

Existe
Old 08-22-2002, 01:24 AM   #42
Asadd
A Treant

Server: Eci

I made a UI hotbuttons recently and I'll be zipping it up and stuff... As well It has a second for epic, robe, belt and bracer right next to the hotbutton as well as it has the 8 sloot backpacks for easy access... now you can use your hotkeys for things like manaburn and Imp familiar... I'll get you a pic shortly...

T.King, Rombus UI, VertUI and My own editing of XML and I have this layout so far... I like simple yet functional... Also I'm going to look at the spellcasting bar and throw around some Ideas... If you want me to email you the files zipped up PM me and I'll email it out to you.... What you also dont see is that the Target and group bars have been tweeked I like the small minibar on the bottom of the gauges so I re added it and changed it to look like your normal... health bars... I'm going to work on tweaking them back to the original colors of Vert when I have more time...
I didnt choose T.kings gems b/c I found that some of the Default ones were better to look at then the ones he created... There are some Default ones that had like no effort put into them but I cant stand looking at a tornado and thinking okay that's a magic based spell.....

Last edited by Asadd : 08-22-2002 at 01:43 AM.
Old 08-22-2002, 01:33 AM   #43
Kunis Marfury
A Shissar Disciple

Server: Sébilis
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

hi

just to say once more : GRATS !
awesome mod !

i currently use Vert's mod with hotbutton/inv_slots from you Sokol
that kicks ass for monks i think

and since your are taking some requests i'd like to know if you could do a little something for overweighted monks:

this is what i'd like to see as a window (using the pet one maybe) :

-------weight-------
--[copper]-[silver]
------Destroy-------
--[Platinum]-[gold]

think that's doable ?
Old 08-22-2002, 09:42 AM   #44
ShadowcatK
A Ghoul

Default Requests

Sokol,

1) Make it show only 8 bags/items and no inventory slots in the lower left 'hot box'.

2) Make the Spell book bigger, say 1 1/2 times the size it is now, with the ability to minimumize and maximumize with ease like the other boxes.

3) make the T. King SpellBook skins fully compatable with the Vert

thats it as far as i can tell, everything else is prrrrrrfect heh.

Shadowkat NightStalker
54 Vah Shir Beastlord
Lanys T'vyl
Old 08-22-2002, 10:41 AM   #45
Asadd
A Treant

Server: Eci

Sokol is there anyway to easily make the spell bar smaller? Maybe shrink the distance between them? Anyway to shrink the Icons?

Or I was wondering if you could make a Horizontal 4 on top of 4? Rectangle type of Casting box... I have room under my Buff box or I was thinking of moving it around...