Password

Old 08-25-2002, 04:51 PM   #31
Sokol

Server: Ayonae Ro
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Send a message via ICQ to Sokol Send a message via AIM to Sokol

Quote:
Originally posted by Asadd
Sokol is there anyway to shrink the Vert UI 8 Gem spell casting bar putting less room in between myaking them hug closer in other words...

I need it to be 230 Pixels Tall not the 270 its at...

Yes, if you know XML find the Location of the spellgems, and move them closer together. Unfortunetly you can't use the VERT background if you do this. (For the spell gems)

-Sokol

I'll see what I can do here, always been partial to a 4x2 format my self any way.
Old 08-25-2002, 05:02 PM   #32
Goah
A Snow Cougar

Default AA option

Sokol,
You know how there is the " - 100% + " thing in the AA options window that allows you to allocate the amount of xp goin to AA points? Well is there anyway to code that into the Player Info window? Horizontal or Vertical?

-
100% (with the - and + centered on the percentage)
+

- 100% +

I am looking for the vertical one on the right side of the window or the horizontal one on the very bottom under my little Str, AC and Hp icons ( I use the Original Vert style with some mods ).

I think this would be a neat mod for those that like to switch the amount of AA xp depending on the con of the mob or the amount of ppl in the group ( for those that arent 60 yet ).

Again I appreciate your help.

Last edited by Goah : 08-26-2002 at 02:46 PM.
Old 08-25-2002, 06:36 PM   #33
Nenelar
A Gray Wolf

Send a message via ICQ to Nenelar

Sokol -

Any idea where the setting that controls the flashing attack border is kept? I'd rather have the target window flash when attack is on that the player window. I took a quick look, but didn't see anything obvious.
Old 08-25-2002, 06:39 PM   #34
Asadd
A Treant

Server: Eci

Sokol I was able to do it like you suggested I also changed it so that it gave it a rectangular look instead of the original Vert Design I think it looks nice...
Old 08-26-2002, 04:34 AM   #35
Lithele
A Gray Wolf

Default inventory and spellbook

If I wanted to replace Verts inventory and spellbook with a different one, do I have to modify the xml because Verts ones are smaller.

Could someone explain to me the files I would need to replace.? I have tried and seem to mess up the whole UI.

thanks

Lith
Old 08-26-2002, 05:30 AM   #36
Breaker
A Gray Wolf

Default Re: inventory and spellbook

Quote:
Originally posted by Lithele
If I wanted to replace Verts inventory and spellbook with a different one, do I have to modify the xml because Verts ones are smaller.

Could someone explain to me the files I would need to replace.? I have tried and seem to mess up the whole UI.

thanks

Lith

...just throw the inventory and spellbook xml's in there, overwriting the others.
Old 08-26-2002, 05:54 AM   #37
Lithele
A Gray Wolf

I tried overwriting the xml, but if you then do ctrl b to go to spell book - its goes all screwy (as if the larger spell book I have downloaded can't fit into Verts smaller compact icon page) I think it has something to do with the windows. e.g. You create a new player window and you have to have a window6.tgs file.

When I overwrote the inventory xml file with a new one - nothing happened. I still had verts background and compact look.

I am thinking that I need to replace the window files corresponding to the inventory and spellbook - but which ones?

Lith
Old 08-26-2002, 08:40 AM   #38
Hedien
A Ghoul

Howdy again

Love new player windows with pet bar.

Is there a possibility to remove casting bar from there and also to remove all numerical stats but HP?
Old 08-26-2002, 09:44 AM   #39
fargus fabiyus
A Fire Beetle

Default Spell Gems

Kudane/Sokol,

Can you take the Vert Spell Gems and add the spell names to the right and the number of the slot to the left. One last request would be to put the ammo slot for horse bridals next to the spell book.

Would look like this:

1-Spell Gem-Spell Name
2-Spell Gem-Spell Name
3-Spell Gem-Spell Name
4-Spell Gem-Spell Name
5-Spell Gem-Spell Name
6-Spell Gem-Spell Name
7-Spell Gem-Spell Name
8-Spell Gem-Spell Name
Spell Book X Ammo Slot X

Fargus

Edited: Boggle....thinking about to many mods at once.

Last edited by fargus fabiyus : 08-26-2002 at 02:34 PM.
Old 08-26-2002, 11:03 AM   #40
Iluvatar
A Shissar Disciple

Server: Solusek Ro

Quote:
...just throw the inventory and spellbook xml's in there, overwriting the others.

...won't work!
THe spellbook background textures are loaded in the EQUI_Animations.xml.
Vert uses a smaller spellbook and edited the aforementioned file to load his smaller textures. Thus, when you overwrite his EQUI_SpellbookWnd.xml with another it uses the textures loaded with size information for Verts Spellbook --> crappy spellbook!
Hope that was understandable...

Velvet
Old 08-26-2002, 11:26 AM   #41
Filex
A Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally posted by Nenelar
Sokol -

Any idea where the setting that controls the flashing attack border is kept? I'd rather have the target window flash when attack is on that the player window. I took a quick look, but didn't see anything obvious.

I'll help with this one. It can't be done. The window flashing is hard coded into the player window.
Old 08-26-2002, 11:32 AM   #42
Filex
A Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally posted by Iluvatar

...won't work!
THe spellbook background textures are loaded in the EQUI_Animations.xml.
Vert uses a smaller spellbook and edited the aforementioned file to load his smaller textures. Thus, when you overwrite his EQUI_SpellbookWnd.xml with another it uses the textures loaded with size information for Verts Spellbook --> crappy spellbook!
Hope that was understandable...

Velvet

I've been toying with this idea myself. I might try that tonight and see if I can swap the vert spellbook out for one of those fancy ones. The theory on doing it is making your own animations file and including that in the spellbook xml file. Shouldn't be difficult. If I don't screw it up, I'll post it here =)
Old 08-26-2002, 11:37 AM   #43
Ikan
A Gray Wolf

Default Re: Group Window

Quote:
Originally posted by Ikan
Is it possible to make a group window where the font size for the individual group member's hp% is larger, with the pet's HP next to it?

Example:

Soandso 100 % | 100 %
Soandso 100 % | 100 %
Soandso 100 % | 100 %
Soandso 100 % | 100 %
Soandso 100 % | 100 %

Hehe, my question/request was burried in your answered messages, so I'm posting it again in case you didn't catch it.
Old 08-26-2002, 11:51 AM   #44
Iluvatar
A Shissar Disciple

Server: Solusek Ro

Quote:
I've been toying with this idea myself. I might try that tonight and see if I can swap the vert spellbook out for one of those fancy ones. The theory on doing it is making your own animations file and including that in the spellbook xml file. Shouldn't be difficult. If I don't screw it up, I'll post it here =)

Already did that, check out Vert Add-Ons thread
this one is modified back to original spellbook background sizes which t.king uses for his spellbook mods.

Velvet
Old 08-26-2002, 02:40 PM   #45
Lithele
A Gray Wolf

Quote:
Already did that, check out Vert Add-Ons thread
this one is modified back to original spellbook background sizes which t.king uses for his spellbook mods.

Velvet,

Thanks for the hints. On that page Hanse has the inventory still with Verts background that I want and I like the spellbook by t.king also.

I have download both sets of files. Do I need to modify the EQ animations file so that both of them are in there?

thanks

Lith