Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > Chit Chat
User Name
Password

Old 05-07-2004, 12:45 PM   #31
Aleyla
A Ghoul

Default OoW

Actually kenney, youre the only one that looks stupid in this post, to me. Kudane has brought up some very valid points.

As for the SOE thing, trying to fix and better their old expansions, posting on a messageboard istn enough help, in my view. The only way that this would be fixed is if most of the Everquest community took the time to write SOE and plastered them with emails about fixing things (with respecatble words and understandable type, mind everyone.) When their customer base speaks in volume, the company will listen. Otherwise,t heyw ill still continue to attempt to placate their customers with new expansions that add more, instead of fixing whats wrong, so that they can get more money. because $$ is what makes the world go round.

But, I will be buying the expansion. I am interested in it. Mainly the new Wizard Epic, it looks yummy.
Aleyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2004, 11:28 AM   #32
kenney
Bad Ass Kitty

Server: if you know me you know =P
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default Re: OoW

---EDITTED BY ADMIN--

i have done /bug and /feedback every freaking day, and so did evey other bl ..

Last edited by Kudane : 05-08-2004 at 02:35 PM.
kenney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2004, 11:32 AM   #33
Bikther
99% EVIL, 1% Cute Bunnies

Server: Innoruuk

Look can we stop the damned flaming and just discuss the new expansion...don't use these forums to see who can out-flame eachother.
The fact is this is a private forum that we are allowed to use so just cut the crap before they decide to stop shelling out the cash to keep it up for us.
If you need to flame this badly take it to another website so the rest of us can enjoy this one

/rant off
Bikther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2004, 11:37 AM   #34
kenney
Bad Ass Kitty

Server: if you know me you know =P

True thats my last post on this .. i would like to see it end myself..

Sorry if i inflamed anyone this is a close subject..
kenney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2004, 06:19 AM   #35
Qinadwen
An Executioner

Server: Venril Sathir

Quote:
Originally posted by zone
Quote:
Follow the Wayfarers Brotherhood to the war-ravaged Realm of Discord to help end the tyrannical ways of the Muramites once and for all. Mata Muram, the leader of the Muramites, is rumored to be building the ultimate invading army. It's up to you to thwart his plans.

As most of the description concerns Discord - will GoD be needed to play OoW?

I know I posted this question before, but havent gotten any response - doesnt anyone know or arent anyone willing to guess?

Baron Qinadwen Loreseeker, Koada'Dal Conjurer of the 56th plane.

Thomas Jefferson:
"Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have ... The course of history shows that as a government grows, liberty decreases."
Qinadwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2004, 10:57 AM   #36
Bikther

Well as far as I understand no Expansion has required a previous expansion. I could be wrong thought..its been known to happen...a lot /sigh
Old 05-09-2004, 01:49 PM   #37
Qinadwen
An Executioner

Server: Venril Sathir

bugger - ok, thanks Bik
Qinadwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2004, 02:53 PM   #38
Gena
A Snow Griffin

Default OoW .... Wupty Doo

OoW is IMO an add on pack for GoD.

The screenies released show NO new mobs from GoD.

Knights have had a rough time since GoD but if GoD/OoW was a single expansion then the extra 5 levels would have helped us Tank content we at present cannot and this would have ment no need to redo an entire expansion.

No way will old content be revamped with the addition of the extra 5 levels, now we have just about any class capable of soloing Kunark Dragons.

Sure PoP is going to be easier, Luclin was easier after PoP, Velious was easier after Luclin......

If the extra 5 levels are tied to AA points spent then this could be quite a decent expansion. Require 100 spent aa's to get from 65 to 66 and another 100 from 66 to 67 would require to actually hit 70 that the toon has post 500aa's. This may look alot but how many reading this play multiple toons with 200 on each rather than 1 toon with 500?

Content could be aimed exactly at the level of the toons per level.

And when you saw a 66, 67, 68,.... 70 you would know that it wasn't a twink.

Genadine
Xev
Gena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2004, 11:56 AM   #39
Elffie
A Ghoul

Server: Fennin Ro

imo SoE just milking EQ till WoW comes out & they lose 60% of thier customerbase.... but that is justimo
Old 05-10-2004, 01:17 PM   #40
Haliken
Quintessence of EQUI XML

Elffie, I don't consider the effort required to remake all 3D models and build a new graphics engine from the ground up to be "milking" by any means. They're rejuvinating the game and this expansion is gonna be awesome (except for having to say OoW, what a stupid title).

Genadine, I like your idea of tying number of AA to being a level requirement; I wish the EQ devs'd read your post. ^_^

Kudane, telling someone their grammar sucks is ripping them (a.k.a. giving them a hard time), regardless of if your intentions were good (as opposed to mean). Heck, you "ripped on" me for what I said.

Anyway, this expansion will let the nice little RP guild I'm in finally step up to tier 2 and 3 content if all goes well.

Enok
Haliken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2004, 02:09 PM   #41
Drumstix42
A Snow Griffin

Server:
Send a message via AIM to Drumstix42 Send a message via Yahoo to Drumstix42

Considering half of us play this game every single day for many hours, you sure HATE it a lot.

I've seen a lot of complaints about the collisions and things of the sort. This new patch, if you've read up on most of it, is acctually going to fix this.

I think many people need to just re-think their lives or something. Go make your own game if you dislike it 'so' much (that's my 2cents on that one).

Within the first 2 minutes of seeing this expansion, I couldn't wait. Already pre-ordered, ect. Come on guys and girls.... it's EverQuest, lets try to have fun here. Though I'm sure the work of EQII is causing this huge 'disammount' of work pointed towards EQI, not sure who developes what though.

I for one can't wait. You can tell me ANYthing you want; you won't be changing my mind.
Drumstix42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2004, 09:13 PM   #42
culley65
A Gray Wolf

Server: Sullon Zek

Sorry, but whey so many expansions? Obviously this isnt enough content to call it an expansion...and it is not cool to keep releasing every new thing they come up with for 30 dollars and calling it an expansion..nuff sed
culley65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2004, 09:43 PM   #43
Dorren
A Gray Wolf

sad fact...Sony's only in it to make money. Don't be expecting them to go out of their way to fix anything that isn't a complete hinderance to their making money. That also explains the release of an "expansion" every few months and I gotta agree with culley65 that most of em aren't really worth being called expansions and the 30 buck charge. But then I'm an addict so I'll probably fork over the 30 for it just like everyone else.

Gotta say though, I really wish they woulda just updated the epics rather than making a whole new quest for em. I'm a druid, mine was reletivaly easy compared to some, but even so I'm not sure I'd wanna do another whole epic quest. Course it's just speculation so maybe they'll surprise us.

No, it shouldn't require GoD to have OoW. Other expansions have added stuff to previous ones...and if you didn't have the previous or what not...you just don't get it.

One thing I will say is they need to get dx9 fully working before they go screwing with graphics anymore. I still know some people who are having problems with it.

Oh and on the comment of adding things from other games. I'm all for it if it improves the game and isn't just something stupid. I gotta say, it would be nice if they added the instanced housing system of FF Online. They could keep with a promise made LONG ago and we know from experiance (aka LoY) that they can instance zones
Dorren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2004, 09:44 PM   #44
danny91643
A Lost Soul

Server: Zek

Quote:
Originally posted by Drumstix42
Considering half of us play this game every single day for many hours, you sure HATE it a lot.

I've seen a lot of complaints about the collisions and things of the sort. This new patch, if you've read up on most of it, is acctually going to fix this.

I think many people need to just re-think their lives or something. Go make your own game if you dislike it 'so' much (that's my 2cents on that one).

Within the first 2 minutes of seeing this expansion, I couldn't wait. Already pre-ordered, ect. Come on guys and girls.... it's EverQuest, lets try to have fun here. Though I'm sure the work of EQII is causing this huge 'disammount' of work pointed towards EQI, not sure who developes what though.

I for one can't wait. You can tell me ANYthing you want; you won't be changing my mind.

If I read the Press Release correctly the new Graphics Engine is for OoW, no mention of it covering previous expansions, no mention of it correcting the problems we ALL have had with the current DX and graphics changes.
Yes I will continue to Play and have fun. But I will also save myself 30 Bucks and wait to see if they ever fix what is wrong now.

Then too I will be checking out Guild Wars on May 12 to 14. No monthly fee is very tempting.
Old 05-11-2004, 12:21 AM   #45
Bikther

I am looking forward to the Graphic Engine upgrade a lot and will pay the $30 just for that.

Heck I bought GoD a few days after it came out and have not seen any of the new zones or gotten any of the new AA's.
At least I will get something with this one hehe