Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > Chit Chat
User Name
Password

Old 07-02-2004, 01:29 PM   #1
Desdinova
A Fire Beetle

Server: Fennin Ro
Talking New UI changes coming

Just saw a post on the EQLive boards that oughta shake up some UI's.

http://eqforums.station.sony.com/eq...essage.id=18898

Lists some of the upcoming changes in the July 8th patch. Among them, Mana and Endurance will now have numeric values. The EQTypes are listed as well.
Desdinova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 01:34 PM   #2
maedieeq
A Shissar Disciple

Quote:
3) For the UI people out there if you want to get to work here are the EQ Types:

Mana: 124
Max Mana:125
Endurance:126
Max End: 127

yup, definitely deserves one of these
maedieeq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 01:48 PM   #3
Fyste
Enhanced Imperial Golem

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Thats pretty cool...

Not sure the End numbers will make a huge diff, but the finger-wagglers have been asking for Mana numbers for a LONG time. Good to see that finally go in !

And I wanna see pets zone with masters... someone go to BoT and dire-charm one of the elementals & run around PoT with it !

( My Interfaces ) ( RETIRED )
Fyste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 01:53 PM   #4
Kudane
Co-Founder

Server: Xegony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyste
someone go to BoT and dire-charm one of the elementals & run around PoT with it !

I am betting dire-charmed pets are exempt to this rule.. THOUGH it would be fun to see. I know BL will be happy to be able to summon and buff thier pets (again) before going into a dungeon. Last BL i was with missed first 3 mobs we fought cuz he was summoning and buffing pet (we didnt hold it against him.)

And the Buff Timer was actually suggested at the Summit by an EQInterface member who came as the photographer (but asked not to be named). When he asked about it, John Smedley replied "We don't do that??? Why not" (looking at Dev people). Soooo good to see this one go in!

Also if you click the link below for May 14th patch, there is a reference to Veshaan's Peak being worked on in May of 2003.. hehehe funny its just now getting out!

/bow

.: Have a question? Read this :.
[ F.A.Q ]
Kudane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 02:30 PM   #5
maedieeq
A Shissar Disciple

only summoned pets will zone with their masters. No charmed pets.

(and, since people keep asking this in various forums, the Monster Summon that mages get that summons a pet that resembles a mob in zone, is actually only a "skin" of a mob wrapped around the default "pet" model. When they zone with that mob as pet, the pet that pops up in the new zone will be wearing a "skin" of mob specific to the new zone. )
maedieeq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 05:55 PM   #6
Inokis
Pale Scrawny Guy

Server: Bristlebane // Erollisi Marr
Send a message via Yahoo to Inokis

The pet zoning is definitely a nice change and one I've longed for ever since i was able to cast a pet.
Old 07-02-2004, 06:52 PM   #7
Zantaklawz
Manaetic Prototype IX

Server: Bristlebane, The Nameless, Xegony, Veeshan, Firiona Vie, Vallon Zek, and Venril Sathir
Send a message via AIM to Zantaklawz Send a message via Yahoo to Zantaklawz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inokis
The pet zoning is definitely a nice change and one I've longed for ever since i was able to cast a pet.

Well originally Beastlord's warders use to zone when the masters did.. Then they took it out when the other pet classes whined that they couldn't do it and it wasn't fair...

Proud to be an at EQ Roleplayers! Join us and spread the word!

Come and sit for a while and listen to the Tales of Zantaklawz! Tell one! Tell all!
Zantaklawz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 07:13 PM   #8
Faerwynd
A Treant

Quote:
Buffs will show a countdown timer when moused over.

Doesn't that take away from one of the leadership abilities "Inspect Group Buffs"? or something like that?
Old 07-02-2004, 08:17 PM   #9
ArcherPhate
A Predatory Creeper

Server: Ayonae Ro

WWWWOOOOTTT

ok im done with that

About the Inspect group buffs, that just tells you what buffs tehy have on.

Hmmmm now that they have timers maybe itll tell u how long till they fade in teh inspect buff thing???

And another thing, Does this meen that there may be a chance( probibly slim) that we will be able to see others' mana bar??? probly not but would bee cool

And dont flame me for that last comment i know its hotly debated here.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
“Despite everything, I believe that people are really good at heart.”
Anne Frank
ArcherPhate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 09:37 PM   #10
neebo
A Gray Wolf

Even if you could take a direcharmed pet outa bot it wouldnt work. Zones WILL not load a certain monster model if its not flagged to be there.. such as. a BoT lighting giant couldnt be spawned in Potranq or emerald Jung, etc.
neebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 10:23 PM   #11
mareeuh
A Shissar Disciple

Inspect buffs at the first leadership level tells you which buffs characters in your group have on, at the next level it tells the duraction left on each buff they have.
mareeuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2004, 03:42 AM   #12
Qinadwen
An Executioner

Server: Venril Sathir

Quote:
Originally Posted by mareeuh
Inspect buffs at the first leadership level tells you which buffs characters in your group have on, at the next level it tells the duraction left on each buff they have.

And that is great, the groupleader can see how much time is left on your buffs - time for ourselves to be able to see it, no? I think it is great that they will now implement this and the numerical mana.

Baron Qinadwen Loreseeker, Koada'Dal Conjurer of the 56th plane.

Thomas Jefferson:
"Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have ... The course of history shows that as a government grows, liberty decreases."
Qinadwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2004, 05:17 AM   #13
Kudane
Co-Founder

Server: Xegony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faerwynd
Doesn't that take away from one of the leadership abilities "Inspect Group Buffs"? or something like that?

Not at all.. the leadership ability lets you see OTHER'S buffs and how long they have.. this will only let you see YOURS

sooo still a good reason to get the leadership one.

/bow
Kudane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2004, 11:25 AM   #14
Sylphan
A Predatory Creeper

Part of the change to allow removal of augments is changes to the Augmentation Sealer, and hence to EQUI_Container. I fiddled with this a bit on test, here's what I've learned.

The existing container pieces haven't been changed at all, just six new pieces have been added, which are only shown in the Augmentation Sealer. The positioning of the new pieces has no effect on the stretching of the window. This is good because existing mods won't need any adjustment at all, but bad because it's easy to position the new pieces off-screen if you're not careful.

Normally the width and height of a container are determined by the size and placement of the screen pieces. That's why a single file works for both 2-slot and 10-slot containers -- it's automatically stretched to fit the visible pieces. But the Augmentation Sealer is sized a little different... it seems to be the width and height of a normal 2-slot container but with about 228 added to the width. Why 228? I don't know... I guess it just suits the default UI.

The six new pieces are: Augment_Label, AugmentInfoLabel, AugmentList, InsertButton, RemoveButton, DeleteButton. Note that these fields don't have the Container_ prefix... someone got sloppy with naming convention. The three buttons are all at the same size and location. Interestingly, the Augmentation Sealer no longer displays the Combine button, so you might be able to put those buttons in the same location. Augment_Label is silly, you can safely set it to size 0 by 0, but the other two augment fields are important and should be left full-size.
Sylphan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2004, 05:12 PM   #15
kenney
Bad Ass Kitty

Server: if you know me you know =P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zantaklawz
Well originally Beastlord's warders use to zone when the masters did.. Then they took it out when the other pet classes whined that they couldn't do it and it wasn't fair...

yes i remeber this but again the pet lost all buffs and even the lvl off the pet.. back when we had to make the pet and then lvl buff him then reg buff.. that was a pain in the A$$..I play a bl on test< well hes my tester bl hehe> and i tested the pet zoneing and im happy with it, hope it stays this way
kenney is offline   Reply With Quote