Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > Help ! ? ! ?
User Name
Password

Old 01-26-2005, 07:32 PM   #1
X.d.c
A Gray Wolf

Server: Erollisi Marr
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default New UIerrors, Need a fix

Heya,
I just logged in to see that my xml wasnt compatable with blah blah blah. to be expected after a patch. Well even when in default UI, i still recieve the same error message.
Any idea what or where i can change this error to fix it.

[Wed Jan 26 18:18:47 2005] Error: Could not find child BankerFlagButton in window GuildManagementWnd

[Wed Jan 26 18:18:47 2005] ScreenPiece BarterWnd referenced but not found in XML.
[Wed Jan 26 18:18:47 2005] ScreenPiece BarterMerchantWnd referenced but not found in XML.
[Wed Jan 26 18:18:47 2005] ScreenPiece BarterSearchWnd referenced but not found in XML.

Thanks.
Keylah
X.d.c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 07:52 PM   #2
RandelFlag
A Treant

looks like beta info, do you play on beta testing DoN?

My Gear

Custome UIs
RandelFlag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 08:03 PM   #3
X.d.c
A Gray Wolf

Server: Erollisi Marr
Default Not beta

nope im not on beta, i just logged in a few min ago, and thats my errors.

Live server(Emarr to be exact)

So should i just ignore it then?

Key
X.d.c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 08:20 PM   #4
Mirion
A Treant

Server: Terris-Thule

Those windows are from the beta. I'm not sure of why the live servers are asking for them...

<Int Officer of Loyal Rebellion>
Necromancer of Prexus Thule.
Mirion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 11:50 PM   #5
vigor
A Ghoul

Server: Fironia Vie

I am also getting that same issue. ANy idea how to fix it would be greatly appreciated. I am not in beta either.
vigor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005, 12:12 AM   #6
RandelFlag
A Treant

after posting above , i now have same error , guess we just ignore them untill the expantion comes out and we know what we are dealing with
RandelFlag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005, 05:24 PM   #7
seltius
A Gray Wolf

Server: Fennin ro

Im having a slightly different problem my map now shows a quarter of map outside Map box. Its off centered to the right. Not sure how to fix this. It just happened with yesterdays patch. Using an updated version of Remix atm. Not sure where to begin to fix this.
Fennin Ro
seltius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005, 06:39 PM   #8
annalice
A Fire Beetle

It seems there are a few issues as of the last patch. Apparently they pushed some DoN items to live servers on accident, and in doing so created several issues. First, I've noticed that effect descriptions for many items are bugged. Second, occasionally I have noticed in the target window that a 0 shows up when you have nothing targeted, rather than just being blank like before. Other than thatit appears to be the annoying message when you log in, plus some other possible bugs.
annalice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005, 06:44 PM   #9
ahmetep
A Bat

Unhappy Map problem here ...

I am having the exact same problem as Seltius, any suggestions??
ahmetep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005, 07:15 PM   #10
EQKobara
A Treant

Server: Tribunal

Seltius and others having issues with map...

The new Lavastorm zone has moved from its original diameters and is now no longer mapped correctly yet by the in-game map. As a result, half of the new zone now runs off the displayed mapping area of the old Lavastorm zone. As far as I know, LS was the only zone affected by this move, but if any zones were downloaded yesterday with an EQG tag instead of S3D, the points in those zones may also be off.

If you are talking about a different problem, then I am sorry for jumping into the issue misguided. All my maps work correctly still after the patch except Lavastorm.

As an aside, I see that www.mapfiend.net has uploaded a new Lavastorm map file for use in-game that corrects my problem with Lavastorm and now correctly shows the zone.
EQKobara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005, 08:51 PM   #11
TbanaZ
A Fire Beetle

Server: Zebuxoruk

I thought the map issue was Lavastorm, too, since it's where I went as soon as I saw that it had been revamped. However, the map issue seems to be in all zones, at least, all the zones I went, I checked, and had the same problem.

Edit: I use Talyns' Tablets UI, if that info's needed.

Last edited by TbanaZ : 01-27-2005 at 08:55 PM. Reason: Adding info
TbanaZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005, 09:23 PM   #12
vigor
A Ghoul

Server: Fironia Vie

Well since they did another patch today to fix the XML errors, I don't get the XML errors per se, but I get could not load skin. Loading default.

Here is the results from my errors log:

UIErrorLog created at Thu Jan 27 20:13:23 2005
Warning: file SIDL.xml not found in directory UIFiles\AYA\. Attempting to use file from Default skin.
Warning: file EQUI_CharacterCreate.xml not found in directory UIFiles\AYA\. Attempting to use file from Default skin.
Warning: file EQUI_CharacterSelect.xml not found in directory UIFiles\AYA\. Attempting to use file from Default skin.
Warning: file EQUI_FacePick.xml not found in directory UIFiles\AYA\. Attempting to use file from Default skin.
Warning: file EQUI_OptionsWindow.xml not found in directory UIFiles\AYA\. Attempting to use file from Default skin.
Warning: file EQUI_BookWindow.xml not found in directory UIFiles\AYA\. Attempting to use file from Default skin.
Warning: file EQUI_AAWindow.xml not found in directory UIFiles\AYA\. Attempting to use file from Default skin.
Warning: file EQUI_CursorAttachment.xml not found in directory UIFiles\AYA\. Attempting to use file from Default skin.
Warning: file EQUI_TrainWindow.xml not found in directory UIFiles\AYA\. Attempting to use file from Default skin.
Warning: file EQUI_QuantityWnd.xml not found in directory UIFiles\AYA\. Attempting to use file from Default skin.
Warning: file EQUI_SkillsWindow.xml not found in directory UIFiles\AYA\. Attempting to use file from Default skin.
Warning: file EQUI_SkillsSelectWindow.xml not found in directory UIFiles\AYA\. Attempting to use file from Default skin.
Warning: file EQUI_MerchantWnd.xml not found in directory UIFiles\AYA\. Attempting to use file from Default skin.
Warning: file EQUI_BazaarWnd.xml not found in directory UIFiles\AYA\. Attempting to use file from Default skin.
Warning: file EQUI_TrackingWnd.xml not found in directory UIFiles\AYA\. Attempting to use file from Default skin.
Warning: file EQUI_SocialEditWnd.xml not found in directory UIFiles\AYA\. Attempting to use file from Default skin.
Warning: file EQUI_HelpWnd.xml not found in directory UIFiles\AYA\. Attempting to use file from Default skin.
Warning: file EQUI_FeedbackWnd.xml not found in directory UIFiles\AYA\. Attempting to use file from Default skin.
Warning: file EQUI_BugReportWnd.xml not found in directory UIFiles\AYA\. Attempting to use file from Default skin.
Warning: file EQUI_BazaarSearchWnd.xml not found in directory UIFiles\AYA\. Attempting to use file from Default skin.
Warning: file EQUI_ColorPickerWnd.xml not found in directory UIFiles\AYA\. Attempting to use file from Default skin.
Warning: file EQUI_VideoModesWnd.xml not found in directory UIFiles\AYA\. Attempting to use file from Default skin.
Warning: file EQUI_TextEntryWnd.xml not found in directory UIFiles\AYA\. Attempting to use file from Default skin.
Warning: file EQUI_PlayerNotesWindow.xml not found in directory UIFiles\AYA\. Attempting to use file from Default skin.
Warning: file EQUI_LoadskinWnd.xml not found in directory UIFiles\AYA\. Attempting to use file from Default skin.
Warning: file EQUI_AlarmWnd.xml not found in directory UIFiles\AYA\. Attempting to use file from Default skin.
Warning: file EQUI_JournalNPCWnd.xml not found in directory UIFiles\AYA\. Attempting to use file from Default skin.
Warning: file EQUI_JournalCatWnd.xml not found in directory UIFiles\AYA\. Attempting to use file from Default skin.
Warning: file EQUI_BodyTintWnd.xml not found in directory UIFiles\AYA\. Attempting to use file from Default skin.
Warning: file EQUI_EditLabelWnd.xml not found in directory UIFiles\AYA\. Attempting to use file from Default skin.
Warning: file EQUI_GuildManagementWnd.xml not found in directory UIFiles\AYA\. Attempting to use file from Default skin.
Warning: file EQUI_TipWnd.xml not found in directory UIFiles\AYA\. Attempting to use file from Default skin.
Warning: file EQUI_SystemInfoWnd.xml not found Attempting to use file from Default skin.
Warning: file EQUI_AdventureMerchantWnd.xml not found in directory UIFiles\AYA\. Attempting to use file from Default skin.
Couldn't open or read UIFiles\Default\EQUI_AdventureMerchantWnd.xml
Error reading XML.
Error loading skin: loading default skin instead.

Would love to get this fixed.

I use the AYA theme (if you couldn't tell. hehe)
vigor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005, 11:25 PM   #13
Dathug
A Bat

Same thing XML problems with Sars Melee
Dathug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005, 12:51 AM   #14
Xtratos
A Bat

Same problem with maps in all zones as some others have mentioned. As well i use the TKing Celtica UI. For the most part I rarely have to download new updates. Now i'm getting the xml incompatable error msgs
Xtratos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005, 04:54 PM   #15
krong
A Gray Wolf

I didn't receive this message when I originally logged into the game, but I had to switch toons to my guild officer to tag someone, and as soon as I camped and loaded the new toon I received the message. I ignored it hoping it was only for the one toon, then when I switched back to my original character I got the message for him as well. So I came here to see what was up(and found out that my ui tablets future blue isn't being updated anymore ). If anyone know what is happening please let me know. I am also having the map problem and I haven't been to lavastorm yet.
krong is offline   Reply With Quote