Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > Chit Chat
User Name
Password

Old 09-23-2005, 10:56 AM   #31
healingrose
A Hill Giant

Ok got a few ideas off the top of my head.

First has been said a done window on the merchant window but a done button on guild bank would be nice as well.

Second on the bazaar search could you add a thing to search by diety. This would help those looking for cultural for thier character.

Third on the barter window could you put a way to search by a specific buyer like the barter wondow has.

These all seem like good ideas that would help all.

Nylana
healingrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2005, 05:05 PM   #32
Epimethius
A Ghoul

Server: Povar

Wow,
It's great to know there's prettymuch nothing I would ask for that hasn't already been requested by others here!
I really like rangerlicious' idea for additional fast swap stuff akin to the bandolier (for that matter, why not have more than just 4 bandolier settings)?
I deffinately agree with all those asking for a "Done" button on merchant windows once again.
The always visible buff/debuff timer option would certainly please loads of folks - but I suspect that'd be one that really eats resources..
Honestly, I cannot think of much to add that hasn't already been covered - basically I am just chiming in to say "yeah, what they said!"
Cheers, Epimethius.
Old 09-23-2005, 06:28 PM   #33
Pini Uldar
A Shissar Disciple

My list of UI things off the top of my head. Not all are mod-oriented though 8)

1) Make <TextColor><R>200</R><G>0</G><B>200</B></TextColor> I set on the MVW_MapRenderArea change the color of the little You Are Here arrow. I make my map window background black and I can't see the little arrow and I have no way to change it's color. I get around this by placing a purple circle in the middle of the window and have to keep it centered properly to know my place.

2) Also with the map window, please save the values for the layers on/off. I have a black background map window and all the in game provided maps are made for the parchment background. This is fine since I make my own maps (or recolor yours) which look good for me. But I have to always turn off the B layer every time I open my map window.

3) Ideally all windows should have a done button. I personally turn off the title bars on all my windows because they take up space. But most windows have no done button, leaving only the esc button to close, which makes you unravel the stack of windows that are up. The worst here is the Merchant window which had a done button, but it got removed. Even if the default UI doesn't need a done button, it may be appropriate for others to add it because they turn off the title bar.

4) Oh man, I wish tabs could be modded. I'd like to be able to put tabs on the bottom, but I REALLY would like to be able to change their size (and make them smaller). Even if you replace all the tab graphics with 1 px images, the tabs take up the same size. Now that adding tabs to windows is frequent, being unable to really change tabs is frustrating. You should also be able to justift the tab image!

5) Pie in the sky change would of course be EQTypes for buttons so that we can move them to other windows. Buttons and such are stuck in their windows because of behind the scenes wiring right now which makes it hard to really mod anything.

6) I really wish icons were used with more thought. I personally use your icons except I color the backgrounds based on use (yellow = AC/HP/Resist buff, purple = mana regen, white = stat buff, blue = invis/regen, red = debuff, etc), but because of reuse of the same icons all the time, some are just weirdly colored. The worst example for me is Tash and Spirual Ascendance. I know the icons take on a red/blue border based on buff/debuff already and this is nice.

7) On Listboxes, control over the column heading widths is spotty, so if I resize a listbox smaller and change the header widths, they seem to reset when I log back in again. I'd expect them to stay where I left them when I logout and log back in, even if I drag them in game. This is most annoying on the vendor window where I can't read the plat column because it shrinks too small!

8) Add a flag to the right click context menu to control whether a window is or isn't closed on esc. I'd like for my notes window to be sticking sometimes so I can write down CH order or tank orders and glance at it, but if it closes on esc, it's more trouble than it is worth for example. If I could right click and "Stick" the window so ESC doesn't close it, that'd be great

9) Make it so I can rearrange my group either with drag and drop in the group window, or through /groupswap 2 4. I'm a cleric and I'm bad at targetting F6, but good at F2. I'd love to be able to put the enchanter on F2 with /groupswap 2 6 and then the two HP bars swap in the group window the F-keys change.

And please do fix the /reload crash. It makes fixing things for big patches like DoD really really annoying!

For reference if you're curious, my UI is available here at my guild's forums. I don't maintain it here for various reasons.

- Pini
Pini Uldar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2005, 12:14 AM   #34
Kavrvnwlf
A Wooly Rhino

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Almost if not all the windows in the UI have the ability to "lock" them into place... why is it the bags can not be locked down?
Kavrvnwlf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005, 08:16 AM   #35
cerinity
A Snow Cougar

Server: Druzzil Ro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavrvnwlf
Almost if not all the windows in the UI have the ability to "lock" them into place... why is it the bags can not be locked down?

/AGREE! it is VERY annoying to accidentally click a box & drag it out of placement, then have to set it back. (i'm a nit-picker, what can i say)

and 2 words i'd like to see on the loot window --LOOT ALL! add like a confirmation though, so in case you click it when looting your corpse before a rez, you don't wind up kicking yourself in the bum, but that would save so much time if you could just cilck 1 button instead of everything on your corpse. ><

LOOT ALL FTW! =)
cerinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005, 09:47 AM   #36
ArcherPhate
A Predatory Creeper

Server: Ayonae Ro

actually, u cant kick urself in teh bum no more. corpses stay around till the rez timer runs out when empty.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
“Despite everything, I believe that people are really good at heart.”
Anne Frank
ArcherPhate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005, 04:09 PM   #37
danny91643
A Lost Soul

Server: Zek
Default Guild Window

Guild window does not always show the proper member Levels. It's not a big deal but it would help when setting up Raids to know the proper level of each member.
Old 09-25-2005, 05:00 PM   #38
Desideratus
A Shissar Disciple

Server: Venril Sathir

That was fixed with last patch but levels that were wrong will stay wrong until a toon either levels or is deguilded / reguilded.
Desideratus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005, 05:04 PM   #39
danny91643
A Lost Soul

If it was it isn't working on this end anyway. We had six Guild members gain a Level last night during our raid and neither of them shows the new level in the Guild window.
danny91643 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005, 05:33 PM   #40
Desideratus
A Shissar Disciple

Server: Venril Sathir

dang, more SOE propaganda then :/
Desideratus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005, 08:06 PM   #41
soran
A Tundra Mammoth

HotButtons. Currently we have no control over Hotbutton text. It is centered in the middle of the button. It would be nice to have control of the default location of button text within hotbuttons.

default location, wrap/nowrap/color, etc...

Thanks
Soran
soran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005, 08:31 PM   #42
danny91643
A Lost Soul

A Big YES to that one. I just put in all morning Modding My hotbuttons and I have it just the way I want, but the text within is a PIA.
danny91643 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 09:48 AM   #43
Kavrvnwlf
A Wooly Rhino

Something I know alot of people would be very gratefull for, an added button to the tradeskill window to do multiple combines in one click, say either 10 or even a full stack of 20, I spent alot of time making alot of tradeskill sub combines and man is it tedious. Not sure if this is doable, but hay we can dream right
Kavrvnwlf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 10:34 AM   #44
Drakah
Skinning Guru

Here are some of my questions of perhaps future additions to the functionality of modding interfaces.

1) Code to color the Title Window text to a customized color. Currently it is set to White and cannot be altered.

2) The use of customized INI files, within a customized folder, which the game would parse when a skin is loaded in-game to reference window locations and filtering. We need to get rid of the method of using custom UI INI files from the EverQuest main directory since most people have specific text filtering and tradeskill favorites that get lost when installing a custom insterface via INI file. When using /loadskin, the game should re-parse the INI file instead of ignoring it. Helpful when editing the INI file in-game for precise window locations.

3) Code to choose whether or not the Title bar background becomes stretched or tiled. Currently the graphic gets stretched only and is problematic when creating specific texturized graphics.

4) The Target-of-Target window has become a necessity. We need a EQType for the Name of the Target-of-Target. Also, this window needs to stay up all the time, unless closed. Recently. the Potion belt was altered to stay up all the time, and this method would be very useful for the Target-of-Target window along with the Bandolier window as well.

5) Code to add shadows to text instead of duplicating to make them look like they have shadows. This is important since some EQTypes and default code only display in certain situations. When adding in black text, it does not automatically disappear with the original.

6) EQ2 has font files that are customizable and is very smooth in-game. Would like to see this carry over to EQ1 as the fonts used in Windows viewed in-game are very poor.

7) UI Interface Sounds to be added/customized.

8) I would like to see the Escape to Norrath Spell Icons used in the Default. As for the actual interface, no, unless there was a toggle between what the game would parse for custom interfaces.

9) Code to allow graphics to be layered on top of the Chat window area. Currently, no matter how you layer it, the chat window always wants to stay on top.

10) Ability to add in customized XML windows from scratch, with code to determine whether or not the window is always visable, or disappears upon zoning. This would greatly fix the need to alter already created windows into something totally different (example: in-game web browser instead of using Alt-Enter to goto the web)

11) Tabbed Chat windows.

12) Buff duration timers should have a line around the icon that shows the time left, graphically. Also, buffs that are about to fade sometimes does not blink, Some are quicker to disappear from the buff windows than others. Unknown reason why.

13) Remove the UI_Animations file and place code within their respected XML files. This way 1 file modded would not break the entire interface. All main code should be a part of the XML it is referencing.

14) Ability to click off Pet buffs.

15) Ability to toggle the Levitation bouncing animation.

16) Pointer grid option to turn off the gridwork. Somehow the game snaps to a 2 or 4 pixels when it should be just as fluid as Windows itself. This can get frustrating when using the slider bar for the gamma setting that it jumps a setting on the bar because of this snap feature. (goes from 31 to 42 instead of 31 to 36 to 42).

17) Window location grid option to set how many pixels it should snap to (0 to 10).

18) The Window Selector now has potential to be used as a misc window, since now we have the EQ button to select windows open/closed. Would like to see the Mail button featured somewhere within this as well since the Window Selector window is the only place where this is housed.

19) Able to click threw the invisable areas of windows. Any blank area of a XML window causes you to still click the window instead of something in the environment.

Drakah

shakahr.com
Remember...it is only a GAME

Last edited by Drakah : 09-26-2005 at 10:47 AM.
Drakah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 08:17 PM   #45
ArcherPhate
A Predatory Creeper

Server: Ayonae Ro

Quote:
14) Ability to click off Pet buffs.

haven't played in a few days ( damn college classes, who wants to wake up at 11am) but i thought we could already do this..

Quote:
19) Able to click threw the invisable areas of windows. Any blank area of a XML window causes you to still click the window instead of something in the environment.

Would make a lot of current windows broken. if its really a problem, you can usualy just close/move the window, click what you need and put it back. Also, minimalists wouldent be to happy, as many of their UI have low opacity(sp). Many current UI use an invis border as there move handle.

Quote:
7) UI Interface Sounds to be added/customized.

This would be great, but has the posibility for overuse. It would get really annoying after hearing bart simpson say "eye-crumba" every time i use hot button 1. It really would be cool for the first few times its used. I know many players play with sound off ( or maybe its just necros, we are abusive to our pets so we ignore them via sound off). It would work for seldomly used windows, examples would be; tribute window, skills window, and GoD-Expedition/ldon windows.

Quote:
an added button to the tradeskill window to do multiple combines in one click

That Would defeat the purpose of subcombines.

I would like to see some of the hard coded things heated up so they get soft coded. *cough* auto-invintory *cough*
ArcherPhate is offline   Reply With Quote