Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > Chit Chat
User Name
Password

Old 09-07-2002, 04:19 PM   #16
Zantaklawz
Manaetic Prototype IX

Server: Bristlebane, The Nameless, Xegony, Veeshan, Firiona Vie, Vallon Zek, and Venril Sathir
Send a message via AIM to Zantaklawz Send a message via Yahoo to Zantaklawz
Default Oooo!

Now I like that idea... I dont see anything wrong with sending Verant some feedback on an idea of such.. the worse you'd get from them is "Thank you for your contribution/idea. Our programmers are hard at work trying out new ideas. We respect your ideas/views. As many emails we receive from people like you we can't read and respond to all of them. Your views are important to us. If this is an urgent message, please visit our website at http://eqlive.station.sony.com/support/index.jsp Please do not respond to this email as it is an automated response email and will be deleted. Thank you on behalf of the Verant Programmers and Sony Digital Entertainment Industry." or something like that.. it couldn't hurt...

Zantaklawz

Proud to be an at EQ Roleplayers! Join us and spread the word!

Come and sit for a while and listen to the Tales of Zantaklawz! Tell one! Tell all!
Zantaklawz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2002, 04:00 PM   #17
Shadeweaver
A Snow Griffin

Server: Druzzil Ro

Well.. I am gonna try out the Everamp thing I found on the net the other day. Havent got a clue if it works, but would be neat if it did =)
Old 09-09-2002, 01:27 PM   #18
Honeydu
A Ghoul

Server: Terris-Thule
Send a message via AIM to Honeydu Send a message via Yahoo to Honeydu

When i started eq oct 99 the music was how i knew i was no longer lost and the guard would save my butt if i could just get there in time lol..
But.. soon it just would buzz or hang.. choppy so i started playing without sound and turned up the jam box.. which in turn got me doing.. /sings... role with it baby...
i got lots of response out of this and i became well known for bursting out in song.. and ppl started doing the same.. so.. i would like the idea of loading up my own music to listen to..
sometimes the lag mades it hard to type it as fast as its sung though.. have a guildie that will say.. Honey sing me a song. hehe.. now if this gets implimated i hope its easy to input in the game.. <newbie>
Honeydu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2002, 01:33 PM   #19
Shadeweaver
A Snow Griffin

Humm.... perhaps a karaoke plugin would be just up your alley?
Shadeweaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2002, 05:44 PM   #20
nato1099
A Ghoul

Quote:
Originally posted by Casanunda
we'll see much better ambient sound (a3d?)

I sure hope to god they don't use a3d... I think the only company who produced a3d cards went out of business anyway and I haven't seen a game support it, ever. EAX is definatly the way to go, although It would probably be a waste of time this late in EQ's life to redo the sound engine w/ something that jazzy. Just something that sounds nice would work for me and is always there =)
nato1099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2002, 08:17 PM   #21
Casanunda
A Shissar Defiler

Server: Fennin Ro
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Send a message via ICQ to Casanunda

Oh yeah, i just said a3d by default because I have an Aureal POC (Piece of Crap) Vortex driver in my system. Curse you, dell. EAX is the way to be ^.^
Fennin Ro"The Forgotten Server"
Go Kicky Fast Okay!
Casanunda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2002, 07:53 AM   #22
Tellgar
A Shissar Defiler

As I understand it, a3d was eaten (acquired) by EAX. hehe
That was my main reason for getting an SBLive back in the day when they were brand new... I saw a3d going extinct.
Tellgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2002, 08:19 AM   #23
lyreist
A Bat

Server: The Seventh Hammer
Default But a thought

Did you all know that the latest version of Windows Media Player will work in the backgrnd as you play EQ? temp fix perhaps and with little customization available, but still. Ambient music as you enjoyed with Winamp before the patch

Lyreist,
56th bard, Seventh Hammer
lyreist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2002, 04:50 PM   #24
Shadeweaver
A Snow Griffin

Hm.. winamp doesnt work anymore??? *calls down a mighty curse upon Verant*

I know winamp 3 doesnt work too well, but 2.x have worked untill now....
Shadeweaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2002, 05:25 PM   #25
Kiwi
A Bat

I would love to be able to control winamp from a window inside EQ. Now my question is...Is there a way to convert a window to send comands to winamp so you can control it. I.E. a winamp skin window? Of course I dont understand how to do the UI skins and I am prolly way off on my idea but I would use it.

Kiwi
Kiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2002, 04:31 PM   #26
Tellgar
A Shissar Defiler

There's already a plugin for WinAmp (at least prior to v3) that you can use to control play from inside EQ or any other program for that matter. It's called Sneaky Amp, just search the plugins for it.
Tellgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2002, 04:55 PM   #27
Mebashin
A Gray Wolf

I used to use Everamp until I found Spinner, and now I let it run in the background instead.

~{ Halcyon Conclave }~
Mebashin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2002, 05:18 AM   #28
Drusila
A Gray Wolf

Server: Xev
Default sound problems

I have exactly the same system as my pall Shadowfrost but she can get sounds ok while I freeze up, stutter, get a high pitched buzzing or just plain crash when i enable my sound
Maybe my PC is haunted by the dancing banana, it gets everywhere you know
Drusila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2002, 12:14 PM   #29
Zantaklawz
Manaetic Prototype IX

Server: Bristlebane, The Nameless, Xegony, Veeshan, Firiona Vie, Vallon Zek, and Venril Sathir
Send a message via AIM to Zantaklawz Send a message via Yahoo to Zantaklawz
Default Well...

Unfortunately, EQ and Sound Blaster are not a good mix anymore. In fact the official EQ Website stated that SB Live Series are having issues with their music program. Its a shame too, because I'm sure that majority (if not a large portion of the EQ community) are using SB, if not SB Live series. I dont know... I have a feeling that someone is spiking the doughnuts at the office and getting everyone hopped on Goofballs. If they are going to make changes to any programs, they should test them with the most available cards out. Im sure they dont program and test their game on one computer in some guy's cubical. "Hey Jeff... if your done with your accounting, Mary has to get in there and check her EULA additions and then I get it... I just had an idea for a new zone! And all these napkins with my maps are starting to get confusing."
Zantaklawz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2002, 12:34 PM   #30
HeroFromHyrule
A Ghoul

Default EQ and dynamic ambient music?

Zantaklawz is right, I use an SBlive card and I get sound problems all the time. Often while fighting the sounds will replay over and over again for no real reason. It gets quite annoying to keep hearing "ugh, ugh, ugh, ugh, ugh." I often have to turn off my speakers or just turn the sound effects all the way down in the options menu. I wish VI would fix these problems, but I wouldn't hold my breath. With all the crap going on with their CS I doubt they will take the time to fix their sound problems.