Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Interface Gallery Discussion > Released
User Name
Password

Old 05-12-2006, 09:14 AM   #16
Egras
A Lost Soul

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Edited first post with screenshots and update information.
Old 05-18-2006, 07:41 AM   #17
Egras
A Lost Soul

Alright. I have decided to take a small break on the UI additions and mods to give everyone a chance to feedback. Need all users to chime in with what they think would make EgrasUI 8.0, EgrasUI 8.0 Lite and any other of my content on www.egrasquest.com (storylines, database etc).

Im also considering taking some ideas on EgrasTR (target ring). Wondering if I make a template for others to edit in their guild name and a how-to section, would people benefit from it?

See the top post in this section for direct links to the files, go to www.egrasquest.com or click the left part of my sig.
Egras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 04:59 AM   #18
Kadafu
A Ghoul

I REALLY like the look of your UI. I have to echo an earlier poster's request though. Could we please get a "default" .ini file to go with it. I like your layout in the screen shots and would like to use it.

I tried the link you made a few posts ago, but the link is broken.

Thanks!

Kad
Kadafu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 08:09 AM   #19
Egras
A Lost Soul

Terribly sorry. We completely redid the Pandemonium server and I finally broke down and gave EgrasQuest its own domain. All my links died and I guess I mised that one.

You can find the new file by ---= Clicking Here =---
Old 05-20-2006, 03:32 PM   #20
Littlehawkf
A Ghoul

Thumbs up EgrasUI 8.0

Wow, I think your UI is awesome and I can tell you put tons of time and hard work into it! I'm new to the UI's, but yours seems to be the most useful UI I have seen. A few things that I would love to see are (wish I could change code lol): the target (HoTT) window (oh, and you might want to add it to your UI pics...don't seem to see it listed anywhere in the 8.0) resized to the same size as the Hotbutton 1 (Egrasu Main window) so that when it is not faded all the way out, it's not sticking over the ends; Hotbuttons 2 & 3 about twice the size they currently are and made to be vertical - I know it is a minimalist UI, but I'm an old man and have a hard time seeing those tiny icons in there; and the EQMain window (the single EQ button window) resized to about twice it's current size...maybe have it stacked like hot buttons 2 & 3 with 2 lines instead of one so that the icons are a bit bigger and easier to see; and an auto inventory area somewhere in either the inventory or on the Hotbutton 1 area (be really cool to have the individual class symbol like in the default showing in a small area there). I hope it doesn't sound like i'm picking this UI apart..cause I think it is definately awesome...just some things that I personally would like. One thing that I notice about almost all of the decent UI's have everything piled up at the bottom of the screen and it makes it harder to loot/see anything at your feet...but I know that while raiding most peeps don't care about that...just my personall preference really. We'll I'm sure that everyone is going to love this UI and tyvm for it
Littlehawkf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 05:49 PM   #21
Egras
A Lost Soul

Excellent Suggestions. The Target health and HoTT bar was extended so more of the mob name was visible. Making it completely transparent, will NOT affect the text and healthbar, so I didnt feel size was an issue. I can make a mod pack for that window a bit shorter.

Im not completely sure what ya got in mind for the Hotbutton 2 and 3, but I will see how I can make a mod that offers some larger icons for ya.

All in all, I can see how they are tiny to some. I will look into some single file mods based on feedback and let the users decide which they prefer to use. Cant have too many files to make the game better.
Old 05-20-2006, 07:23 PM   #22
Littlehawkf
A Ghoul

Talking Thanks for the response

Great . I know other peeps may really like it as is, and the individual mods would be great. I was thinking that the icons that are in the inventory seem to be alot easier for me to see. I used paint to make the changes in the attached file to give you a bit better understanding of what I was suggesting...please excuse the crude paint cut outs lol. I didn't know where exactly to place them, but just put them in there so you could see what I was thinking. Thanks a lot for the response. [email protected]
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Before Mods.jpg (298.2 KB, 44 views)
File Type: jpg After Mods.JPG (260.3 KB, 50 views)
Old 05-22-2006, 08:23 AM   #23
Egras
A Lost Soul

User Requested Update (Littlehawkf)
It has larger EQMain boxes and Playerwindow narrowed to stack. Sorry Littlehawf, I am still working on HB 2 and 3. Let me know if these are what you had in mind and give me a bit more to see how I can make the other two changes work. Download the mod to EgrasUI 8.0 here: Littlehawkf Request
Old 05-22-2006, 03:14 PM   #24
Littlehawkf
A Ghoul

Default Rapid response

Wow, that is great . I was expecting to see something maybe a month or so down the line. TYVM for the upgrade, and hopefully I can learn a bit of code decifering out of it myself. The new icons are tons easier for me to see. I have figured out that code decifering is not a menial task and that you put tons of time into your UI, and I would definately recommend this UI and your work to anyone. Been using it and finding out more and more useful things that you included in it daily since I installed it...thanks for the hard work and attention to detail. Looking forward to seeing how the hotkey bars come out
Old 05-22-2006, 04:15 PM   #25
Egras
A Lost Soul

If I took a month to mod your feedback, would you really use it? I was guessing yes, but not happily. Gotta keep folks happy.
Old 05-23-2006, 08:29 PM   #26
Ginn
A Fire Beetle

I really like the UI and I would really like to use it but I have no idea how to get it to work. I have it downloaded and it is in my UI file in the EQ program file but when I try to load it I get an XML error. My XML files are not current or some such. Ive tried to find out how to fix this from reading other forums but I cant make heads or tails of it. Also I was wondering what resolution I should have the screen set to because the parts that do load are a lot bigger than my screen. Im not sure I will be able to change that very much because I run 2 instances of EQ on one comp and it may lag a little if I change the resolution too much. Thanks ahead of time for any kind of help and again it is a very nice looking UI.
Ginn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 11:02 PM   #27
Littlehawkf
A Ghoul

Default Hopefully help...

I would do a clean reinstall of it by setting your UI back to default then deleting the UI file that you installed and make sure that you are not running the game. Then reinstall and renaming your UI file under C:>Program Files>Sony>Everquest>UI files UI_your characters name_your characters server for example UI_Blahblah_maelin. Then copy the .ini file that is higher up in this thread (the click here one) and rename it the same way and replace the current file that exists under C:>Program Files>Sony>Everquest (it is one folder higher than your UI folders). That will set your UI up exactly as Egras has it posted. Hopefully that helps some, but not sure about how it will look with 2 EQ windows running at the same time...not a UI guru, but just had to deal with loading and trying to mod a bunch of different UI's over the past few weeks while trying to find one that fit me lol. If not then hopefully someone that has some knowledge will help ya out lol.
Old 05-24-2006, 12:40 AM   #28
Kadafu
A Ghoul

My only REAL issue with this UI now is it doesn't have room for all 25 buff slots. A minor issue is the hotbutton bars 2-4 are WAY too tiny for my old eyes to see at a glance, but they wouldn't fit well if they were bigger. Other than that, I love it.

And for the previous poster, I am also getting the "xml files aren't compatible" blah blah blah whatever. I just ignore it. With as heavily modded as this UI is, it would be a major challenge to fix everything.

Egras, if you'd like I'd be happy to send you my UIErrors.txt file if you think it'd help.

Kad
Kadafu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 07:46 AM   #29
Egras
A Lost Soul

Post your UIErrors file here or cut/paste everything that is NOT attempting to load default in a post here. Again, dont bother pasting the attempting to load default lines in there. They are just a way to load files that I dont mod in my UI and not really errors.
Old 05-24-2006, 07:47 AM   #30
Egras
A Lost Soul

User Requested Update (Morayn)
The following is a user request by Morayn. The request was to add the group window buttons back on the window. I did the work and just plain forgot to post the new file. Here it is with the buttons back: Morayn Request