Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Developer Discussion > XML modification help.
User Name
Password

Old 03-03-2006, 09:45 PM   #16
shadriel
A Tundra Mammoth

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default delete from xml?

hmm ok, well i was more wanting to delete it so it wouldn't even load up. i'm trying to conserve as much memory and everything else as i can, so if i can have it just not load that up, thats that much more memory i've got. i can open these xml files in notepad, so if i just delete the parts that make up the lfg button, that would work, wouldn't it? just be annoying trying to find everything, its a pain in the arse trying to scroll thru that and spot what ur after.
shadriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 10:07 PM   #17
shadriel
A Tundra Mammoth

Default effects windows

ok, since adding attachments to pm's is apparently not allowed, i'ma try attaching my edited versions of my effects windows for you to take a look at danny (whenever you can, of course). i'ma just drop off the EQUI_ part of the file name and hope it works... *crosses fingers*

sweet, think its worked, let me know when/if u figure out what i've missed on the setup of the additions i made. the original buff effects window had 20 slots, and the short duration had 6. the only changes i made to the original parts was to make them smaller and closer together, they are still otherwise identical to how they were before. i just wanted more slots on them. anyway, thx for the help =)
Attached Files
File Type: xml BuffWindow.xml (44.0 KB, 1 views)
File Type: xml ShortDurationBuffWindow.xml (18.6 KB, 1 views)
Old 03-03-2006, 10:47 PM   #18
danny91643
A Lost Soul

Server: Zek

In your Group Wind Find LFG:Using note pad ( Click on edit, click on find, Type in LFG, click find next.)

You could delete the LFG code, I just ran a test on commenting out the LFG code and received no RED XML not compatible mesg, so I would say you can delete the lines without a problem. The comment out is displayed here in Red Text, just disregard it and delete the lfg code lines. Just make a back up of your current file just in case.

<!--
<Button item="GW_LFGButton">
<ScreenID>LFGButton</ScreenID>
<RelativePosition>true</RelativePosition>
<Location>
<X>-100</X>
<Y>-100</Y>
</Location>
<Size>
<CX>26</CX>
<CY>26</CY>
</Size>
<Style_Checkbox>false</Style_Checkbox>
<TooltipReference>Open LFG Window</TooltipReference>
<ButtonDrawTemplate>
<Normal>A_LFGBtnNormal</Normal>
<Pressed>A_LFGBtnPressed</Pressed>
<Flyby>A_LFGBtnFlyby</Flyby>
<Disabled>A_LFGBtnNormal</Disabled>
<PressedFlyby>A_LFGBtnPressedFlyby</PressedFlyby>
</ButtonDrawTemplate>
</Button>
-->

<!--
<Pieces>GW_LFGButton</Pieces>
-->

Hope this helps. I also Have your files and as soon as I get some time I'll look them over for you, ATM helping a guildie get what he needs into my UI, before we take on Myong.
Old 03-04-2006, 05:15 AM   #19
shadriel
A Tundra Mammoth

Default error messages...

heheh ya i did just that a few hours ago, but thx for the tip =)

on another topic, i got the idea to add some potion belt slots to the thing... u know, while i'm clearing out clunkie windows n stuff, may as well put everything but the kitchen sink on my group window... rofl... but now i'm having trouble getting sidlwidl to load up the original potion belt window, which i was using as a guide... keeps popping up with an error message saying the key for it already exists or something like that... i'll get ya a quote...

"Item has already been added. Key in dictionary:
"PW_PotionSlot0Button" key being added:
"PW_PotionSlot0Button".

it pops up with that error message and refuses to load the old potion belt for me to look at. any idea whats going on? only thing i can think of is that it won't let you have the thing in more than one place on ur UI, but i'm just a noob at this so i dunno rly LOL.